Wisconsin

Racine Bride Needs Help

Anyone from Racine that can help me with vendor information and prices. I need cake, florists, dj etc... and does anyone have any advice or experience on the fountain hall banquet place or south hills country club?

Re: Racine Bride Needs Help

• kerkmakerkma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting catering through Infusino's.  The family style is $14.95 per person plus the usual service fees and tax.  We had our taste testing and the food was good and you get a lot of it.  And they charge $45 for cake cutting and serving; which was better than the $1 a person I'd been hearing from other caterers. 

August 2012 Board February Siggy Challenge: Cake imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going through Infusino's too. It's a really nice hall and great food.

For cakes, I'd suggest O & H or Bridal Cakes by Ann. I worked at O & H in high school and the cakes are delicious!!

The most popular florist in Racine is definitely Miller's Flowers. They did my mom's flowers when she got married and all of my friends and family. Hilary (the owner) does a wonderful job on the wedding day. She comes to the church and gives instructions on how to carry the flowers and how to preserve them after the wedding.

I don't know much about prices, but those are some very reputable places in Racine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • aimee58aimee58 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? We're getting married Oct 2012 and Infusino's was pretty booked already.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Florists - Miller flowers are pretty expensive
                   Flowers by Walter is good
                   Signature flowers by Randy on Taylor is amazing and inexpensive

Bakers - O&H is fantastic
                   Paielli's in Kenosha is fantastic
                   Bridal Cakes by Ann, good cake, but bad experience at my own wedding with them

DJ -  Madison Mobile DJ - AMAZING
  • edited December 2011
    I"ve been to a wedding at the Fountain Banquet Hall. It was a huge room! Probably held around 300-400 people if you use the whole thing. The decor and color scheme is nice. It's very neutral. I hear that you have to use the Fountain Banquet Hall's centerpieces (I could be wrong), which were nice, but nothing special. The food there was good, but again nothing special.

I looked into the South Hills CC. I wasn't impressed. The building seemed old and dirty. The basement level room seemed outdated. I was also concerned about handicap accessiblility for my guests, and it wasn't too accomodating at the South Hills CC. The upstairs banquet room has a lot of space and has panoramic windows overlooking the golf course which is gorgeous.
  • flyergurlflyergurl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol lots of infusino's brides in here! ....I am also using infusino's we opted for the smaller room which still holds well over 100 people. If you do your wedding on friday like I am you can get each plate for 12.95 instead of the 14.95  also if its friday they do not require you to have a min of 150 plates... which for me is good since we are having something small.

our cake is from lopez bakery on Douglas it is going to be about $250 which is great the cake price for me at O&H  was going to be around $500 without decoration. I am hispanic and wanted three milk cake with filling for my cake if you havent tried it you should! its sooo yummy.

p.s.
    Aimee has a point almost all places are always booked in advance! we were going to get married in sept but there were no opening we went with october instead. ;)
  • kerkmakerkma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I'm getting married in Milwaukee, but Infusino's is catering it; they do off site catering as well.  So, that's another option, have them cater your off site event if their hall is booked.  My wedding is in August 2012 and I just booked with them last week!  Thank goodness one more thing to check off the list!
    August 2012 Board February Siggy Challenge: Cake imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • PaigeH30PaigeH30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also having my reception at Infusino's. I originally was looking at venues in Milwaukee but they were all pretty expensive. Infusino's was very reasonably priced, and the hall is nice.
    I started calling places in June and most every place was booked from April-Oct 2012. Infusinos was pretty booked up as well.
    But I found a date open,  I'm getting married July 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Gooseberries Courtyard Catering for our food which ranges from 16-18 dollars a plate for a buffet. Depending on your wedding size, DeKoven Center is really pretty, it was just too small for my tastes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Cake - I cannot remember the lady's name, but I think she calls her business "DeRose Creations". A friend used her and she makes fantastic cakes. The lady's phone number (262) 886-9119. She charges around $50 for a sheet cake that feeds 50.  Tastings are free.  When you call, you will probably get her answering machine, as she is very busy and does not do computers. 

Here is what is on the list:

House Specialties

Bailey Irish Creme, Black Forest, Cannoli, Chocolate Cappuccino Truffle, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Eclair, Chocolate Mint Meltaway, Chocolate Orange Truffle, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, Classico Amaretto, Double Chocolate Truffle,  Dreamcicle, French Twist, French Vanilla Chiffon, Italian Marble, Mint Chocolate Chip, Orange Chiffon/Apricot Filling, Orange Milano, Paloma Icicle, Peppermint Twist, Randazzo Chocolate, Red Velvet, Pina Colada, White Chocolate Decadence.

Traditional Cakes

Autumn Harvest Torte, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Orange, Dark Chocolate, Devils Food, German Chocolate, Lemon, Lemon Torte, Old-Fashioned Carrot, Orange, Orange/Chocolate Marble, Orange/Lemon Marble, Oreo Cookie, Pineapple Upside Down, Spice, Traditional White, Traditional Yellow, Two-Tone Chocolate Marble, Two- Tone Traditional Marble, White Forest Torte.

Danish Layer Cakes

Chocolate, Lemon, Marble, Orange, White, Yellow

Poppy Seed Cakes

Almond, Lemon, Orange, White, Yellow

Pound Cakes

Double Chocolate Chip, Banana, Lemon, Yellow, Orange, White

Frosting

Almond, Chocolate, Chocolate with Coconut, Chocolate Ganache Glaze, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Orange, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Coconut Pecan, Cream Cheese, White with Coconut, White Fluffy (Wedding Frosting)

And she has cheesecakes.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards