Wisconsin

Botanical Gardens

Hey Ladies!!!

I know that I have posted something similar to this before, but has anyone had or been to a fall wedding at the gardens? We are getting married 10*10*10 around the time that the leaves will be turning, but how is the weather around that time? Wisconsin weather is iffy.

Re: Botanical Gardens

• edited December 2011
    I did go there around that time to look at the venue as a possible wedding location, and I remember it still being beautiful.  It has been staying warmer later and later into winter so you should be fine!  Although you do never know with Wisconsin :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, you never know.  You'd like to assume That it will be on the cool / slightly warm side, but it could really go either way:

DH proposed on 10/8/2006 and it was in the mid 70's
    I was in a wedding 10/10/09 and it snowed (flurries)

Go for it if you really want to use the date / location as long as you are comfortable knowing that it could be one extreme or the other or anywhere inbetween.  Have a plan to accomodate for what could happen (ie shawls for the girls if it's cold, paper fans if it's going to be hot, indoor reception to acccomodate the guests later on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ylleknnaylleknna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    as in GB? I think it has the potential to be great.. but it can go to 32 degrees with flurries real quickly (that is what we had on our epics).
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio
    image 331 Invited image 243 Attending image 90 Missing Out image 0 People MIA!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the info ladies!!!! I'm praying for sunny skies and warm weather.
  • edited December 2011
    I love your invites:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards