40-Plus Brides
Options

Mom, what to do for her... (XP)

XP - 2nd weddings

I really want to do or get my mom something special @ the reception.   She has  been my rock the last 5 years, I wouldn't have been able to pull through a lot of heartache without her.  I was a mess through my divorce and she was the only one there for me through my fits of crying, venting, etc.

She has taken to my FI like he's her son, and I'm so grateful for that and everything she's done for me.  So, what do I do for her? 

A few years back I saved and got her a Tiffany ring that she hardly ever wears so I'm looking for something simple.  She's not much into jewelry.  Any suggestions?  The only thing that comes to mind is a nice bouquet at her table. I'm just clueless. Help.  :)
Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Mom, what to do for her... (XP)

• Options
    What about a spa day at your venue? She's taken care of you--pamper her for a day.

Depends on the person though. Some people are not so keen on massages and mud masks...
    Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• Options
    I think a heartfelt toast by you at your wedding, declaring how much her loving support has meant to you would be wonderful.  Having all your guests hear your loving devotion and deep appreciation -- what Mom's heart wouldn't melt?   You could even write it out and have it calligraphed (<-- is that even a word?)  & framed to give to her as well.  ~Donna
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_mom-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:827df32f-482a-4cd2-856c-d504a0c10d39Post:6e4020f2-ecb0-4f27-bf40-2e9a1c859f64">Re: Mom, what to do for her... (XP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a heartfelt toast by you at your wedding, declaring how much her loving support has meant to you would be wonderful.  Having all your guests hear your loving devotion and deep appreciation -- what Mom's heart wouldn't melt?   You could even write it out and have it calligraphed (<-- is that even a word?)  & framed to give to her as well.  ~Donna
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

Drat - I was gonna say this!  I know my mom is the type that what she really loves is to hear/read how much I appreciate her.  (who doesn't?) 

A written letter - read aloud would be just the thing.

(my mom would be balling her eyes out if I were to do something like this... hmmmm)  ;)
  • Options
    Yes, I was going to second Donna.  Your mom is probably the same age as mine.  They have things; they don't need more things......they want to hear/read the words.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_mom-her?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:827df32f-482a-4cd2-856c-d504a0c10d39Post:6e4020f2-ecb0-4f27-bf40-2e9a1c859f64">Re: Mom, what to do for her... (XP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a heartfelt toast by you at your wedding, declaring how much her loving support has meant to you would be wonderful.  Having all your guests hear your loving devotion and deep appreciation -- what Mom's heart wouldn't melt?   You could even <strong>write it out and have it calligraphed (<-- is that even a word?)  & framed</strong> to give to her as well.  ~Donna
    Posted by right1thistime[/QUOTE]

Love this idea!!!  I'll bet she would too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    overwhelmingly (is that a word, or can i not spell today) Looks like it will be a toast of sorts.  My mom is pretty shy, does not like attention brought to her in any way.  I will definately do something in writing & have it framed, sitting at her table  I'll play it by ear far as the toast goes (with a copy in hand).

Thanks knotties - you are the best!
    Created by Wedding Favors
  • Options
    I wouldn't be able to make it through it without bawling myself! But yes, I agree that a toast, or just a hand written note/letter is the best way.  Mom's don't need more "stuff".
  • Options
    Oooh, I like the slide show.  Better break out the TOJ packets!!
  • Options
    I was thinking while driving home, you could (if $ permits) put the slide show on a digital photo frame set to music (martina mcbride's "In My Daughter's Eyes" came to mind) and give that to her, so she'd have it. ~Donna
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards