DC

Rental Costs-what did you pay?

Hi everyone,
  I'm trying to price an outdoor wedidng in Washington DC and have lots of questions. In particular the site has NOTHING so we need to rent alot. What is it costing everyone to rent?
Tables
Chairs for reception
Chairs for Ceremony
Tent
Dance Floor
Restroom Trailer
Linens
Cocktail Tables
Lights
Plates/Glasses/ Silverware

Some other questions;
Did you think it saved money to rent from a party rental company or from a full service caterer?
Did hiring a wedding coordinator help you find better vender prices?

Thanks everyone!!

Re: Rental Costs-what did you pay?

• edited March 2012
    Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to price an outdoor wedidng in Washington DC and have lots of questions. In particular the site has NOTHING so we need to rent alot. What is it costing everyone to rent?
    Tables
    Chairs for reception
    Chairs for Ceremony
    Tent
    Dance Floor
    Restroom Trailer
    Linens
    Cocktail Tables
    Lights
    Plates/Glasses/ Silverware

Some other questions;
    Did you think it saved money to rent from a party rental company or from a full service caterer?
    Did hiring a wedding coordinator help you find better vender prices?

Thanks everyone!!
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I think this could best be answered by your local board! I'm going to move it over there! GL!!

Happy Planning!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • I got all of this stuff through my caterer, so Im not sure thow they are priced individually. I would look online at sites like party linens and then ask a caterer for a quote and comapre those .
  • We're getting most of the items from your list (that we need anyway) from our caterer as well. I'm not sure about individual cost breakdown, since we're getting things in a bundle.
  • I'm renting some of those things for my own wedding. I'm also an Event Coordinator, and in my experience, more often than not your Coordinator or Caterer can get you better pricing than you can get on your own. The reason for that is that these people have established relationships with the vendors (often times, they will even exclusively use one vendor for these purposes), so vendors are willing to give them better rates because they know they're going to do a higher volume of service with them than your one-time rental.

In my experience, it's only been one or two "shady" caterers who have charged more so they could make a profit as being a 3rd party. If you're unsure, do a little detective work and reach out to the vendor on your own or through a Coordinator to see what you get. Happy planning!
  • Thanks for the answers. I'm waiting for a quote on a tent, but unfortunately it looks like the rental costs will be too great for us.
  • We got our linens from a company called simple to elegant.  We got ours for around $4, we got our table skirts with attachment clips for $17, napkins for .40, chair covers and sash for like $2.85 or $2.95.  We requested a sample and they sent it to us.  We bought a few off of linen table cloth and it came in a bag, we had to iron them, and it was a super thin polyester fabric.  This place had amazing quality and we got to speak to a real person who treated us with respect.  Check them out and see what they can do.  We are VERY happy with our decision.  Good luck.  <a href="http://www.simpletoelegant.com" rel="nofollow">www.simpletoelegant.com</a> In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_dc_rental-costs-what-did-you-pay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:57Discussion:a659f91a-6199-4dcd-a870-283f07f79a50Post:7ea03847-edbc-433f-8d3c-baa3dde4274e">Re: Rental Costs-what did you pay?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the answers. I'm waiting for a quote on a tent, but unfortunately it looks like the rental costs will be too great for us.
    Posted by map370[/QUOTE]
  • We're probably going to go with simplyelegantchaircovers.com for our chair covers and sashes. $2.00 per chair. $1.49 for cover, .50 for sash. They seem to be pretty good so far, haven't placed our order since I just found them yesterday. They are sending us free swatches so I can compare their colors with ours. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards