New Jersey

Venue Decision Help!

So I just finished visiting about 10 venues and I have narrowed down my top picks. I would LOVE some insight to these venues (thoughts on food, service, etc).

1. The Imperia: this is my current #1 pick..but i keep seeing mixed reviews regarding the food/service & one of the coorindators, Arlene. Anyone have any thoughts here?? Would it be bad if i requested to work with someone else? I see rave reviews about Natalie...
2. The Grove
3. The Waterside
4. The Park Savoy
5. The Pines Manor

Re: Venue Decision Help!

• I looked at Imperia. I spoke to Arlene on the phone and she was nice. However, when I met with her in person she wasnt that nice. I didnt like Imperia's dark ballrooms. They reminded me of hotel meeting rooms that I go to for work. I booked the Grove so I am probably biased but I dont think the Grove compares to Imperia!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Grove and Park Savoy are much more expensive vs Pines Manor or Imperia. I wouldnt have looked at Pines Manor if I was looking at some of the other venues. What price per person were you looking to pay? I dont anything about Waterside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    I've been to a couple of weddings at Park Savoy and they were phenomenal. Excellent excellent food. Nice views out the back. Years ago, I went to a wedding at Pines Manor. Honestly, if its still the same, it's not really even in the same category. Like gelaine said, I think they have very different price points. Not saying the Pines Manor is bad or anything, I just would never compare it to Park Savoy. If budget's not an issue, I would def choose that. Not sure about the others. HTH :)
  • I have been to a few weddings and functions at the Imperia. Arlene is a a wonderful women who knows her business very very well. She can be a bit pushy, but its just her nature. The food there is great, and I felt the service was good as well. 
  • I am getting married this week at the Park Savoy! :) I can tell you my experience thus far has been AMAZING!! The tasting was out of this world. Melanie, Linda, Diane have been amazing. Barry the owner actually threw in 2 extra stations for free at the food tasting.. They totally bend over backwards to make what you want happen.. Couldn't be happier that this is my venue. Not to mention the extensive work they've done to estate. Feel free to let me know if you have anymore questions. I'll definately have more insight after my wedding. Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been to weddings at both the Park Savoy and the Grove, and I remember both as having excellent food.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_venue-decision-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:ebead4d7-a01d-4985-b6da-7741ca368952Post:37e0b1eb-6159-47e4-b1b0-0cd3cd54bfd4">Re: Venue Decision Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been to a couple of weddings at Park Savoy and they were phenomenal. Excellent excellent food. Nice views out the back. Years ago, I went to a wedding at Pines Manor. Honestly, if its still the same, it's not really even in the same category. Like gelaine said, I think they have very different price points. Not saying the Pines Manor is bad or anything, I just would never compare it to Park Savoy. If budget's not an issue, I would def choose that. Not sure about the others. HTH :)
    Posted by Lored[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeahhhh, whenever I hear Pines Manor, I think prom.  We had ours there as did many of the schools.   I don't think it compares to Park Savoy.</div>
  • I had my wedding at the Waterside.  They were great to work with.  Family owned venue with beautiful views and great upgrades - built in lighting, marble floors, upgraded larger windows, new first floor bar.  I wouldn't recommend Waterside for a wedding over over 170 guests...you are most comfortable under 150.  
  • My cousin had her wedding at The Grove in November....the food was AMAZING.  no joke, the best food I've had at a wedding ever.  Like, so good that I would consider changing my own venue (except The Grove isnt really the look we had in mind).  
    I had a sea bass which was great and my fiance had the filet mingon for dinner.  I'm not a steak person but I tried some anyway, unreal.  The staff was great, super friendly and polite.  The cocktail hour food was wonderful and again, the dinner was fantastic.

I've never been to the other venues you listed so I can't give a review on them.  I can tell you though, if you go with The Grove you will not be disappointed.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all of your help/input!

We have decided to go with the Imperia. It fits within our budget and is our number one choice.

So glad to have that done & now I can start all of the other plannning!! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards