Not Engaged Yet
Options

Jenna Marbles talks marriage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F_ZZEuVLaw&feature=player_embedded

No real point to this post I just  freakin love Jenna Marbles. I like that she said it seems like a lot of girls have forgotten what marriage is really about. It's so easy to get wrapped up in dreaming about your PPD and sometimes you need someone (or the ladies of NEY) to tell you to chill the eff out.

Also on the topic of marriage:
I've just about had it with this 'traditional marriage' bullsh!t

Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage

• Options
    DAMMIT!! haha! I posted this earlier today, but TK ate it. So I was trying to defy the evil Knot gods & repost it. 

Also, I'm not silver anymore. I hate TK.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    BWAHAHAHA. This is amazing. I <3 Jenna Marbles.

Also, I second you on the frustrating talk about "traditional" marriage. Rush, Newt & their multiple divorces can shove it. Two people of the same sex formalizing a committed, loving, lifelong relationship to enjoy the legal & financial benefits of marriage are far less evil, in my mind, than a guy going through women like tissues. For sure, a loving, stable family with two mommies or two daddies is a far greater tribute to Family Values than the personal example of people like Rush.

Not that I have even one drop of love for Fox News, but someone sent me a video today in which their anchor Shepard Smith said on the air that President Obama is now "in the 21st century" for saying he supports gay marriage & that Republicans are officially "on the wrong side of history." Of course, Fox News had an online headline saying Obama had declared "war on marriage," so maybe Shep will end up in the 2 a.m.-6 a.m. Sunday slot now...

End rant. Jenna Marbles is awesome. Thanks for posting, leese!

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

• Options
    OK so you did beat me to it! I don't understand why they can't get this website to work properly

• Options
    I don't really get the "you don't have to get married in your twenties" argument. I didn't realize people thought they had to?  Otherwise, loved the cookie comment..and pretty much everything else for that matter.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    Ha I died at the cookie comment. She lights up my life.

Yeah I mean I don't agree with her on the "I don't wanna get married for 10 years' thing but I think a lot of people do feel like they're supposed to be married by a certain age.

• Options
    This was pretty funny.  I liked the cookie part too.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jenna-marbles-talks-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:43295004-fb0e-4946-87d7-68072b2603ccPost:cca5ed00-9215-404f-bf3d-929f21e06efd">Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]BWAHAHAHA. This is amazing. I <3 Jenna Marbles. Also, I second you on the frustrating talk about "traditional" marriage. Rush, Newt & their multiple divorces can shove it. <strong>Two people of the same sex formalizing a committed, loving, lifelong relationship to enjoy the legal & financial benefits of marriage are far less evil, in my mind, than a guy going through women like tissues. For sure, a loving, stable family with two mommies or two daddies is a far greater tribute to Family Values than the personal example of people like Rush. </strong>Not that I have even one drop of love for Fox News, but someone sent me a video today in which their anchor Shepard Smith said on the air that President Obama is now "in the 21st century" for saying he supports gay marriage & that Republicans are officially "on the wrong side of history." Of course, Fox News had an online headline saying Obama had declared "war on marriage," so maybe Shep will end up in the 2 a.m.-6 a.m. Sunday slot now... End rant. Jenna Marbles is awesome. Thanks for posting, leese!
    Posted by melizabethp[/QUOTE]

I don't get how these people with multiple marriages have the audacity to want to preserve the 'sanctity of marriage'. They don't see the hypocrisy in this??
    These are the same people who will tell you it's a choice to be gay. Right. People definitely choose to be something that will get them bullied to the point of committing suicide. Ugh I could go on and on about this.

• Options
    melizabethpmelizabethp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jenna-marbles-talks-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:43295004-fb0e-4946-87d7-68072b2603ccPost:5b53b715-f13f-48a1-8a6f-b0bab5cb2917">Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage : I don't get how these people with multiple marriages have the audacity to want to preserve the 'sanctity of marriage'. They don't see the hypocrisy in this?? These are the same people who will tell you it's a choice to be gay. <strong>Right. People definitely choose to be something that will get them bullied to the point of committing suicide.</strong> Ugh I could go on and on about this.
    Posted by leese19[/QUOTE]

<div>Right? What kind of sicko would choose to do something that will get them bullied to the point of committing suicide?** It's completely flawed logic. But then, I'm pretty sure the people who posit this waved bye-bye to logic years ago.</div><div>
    </div><div>**(Note: I used to know this one kid who chose to be obsessed with Pokemon well into college, as well as another kid who chose to become conversational in Klingon shortly after hitting puberty & then demonstrate his mad Klingon skillz at an assembly, but despite the shitstorm of bullying these hobbies brought on, I'm pretty sure they're both still alive & haven't attempted to change that. In fact, looking back, the kid who spoke in Klingon at the assembly may have been a special brand of BAMF.)</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jenna-marbles-talks-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:43295004-fb0e-4946-87d7-68072b2603ccPost:5b53b715-f13f-48a1-8a6f-b0bab5cb2917">Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage :<strong> I don't get how these people with multiple marriages have the audacity to want to preserve the 'sanctity of marriage'. They don't see the hypocrisy in this?? </strong>These are the same people who will tell you it's a choice to be gay. Right. People definitely choose to be something that will get them bullied to the point of committing suicide. Ugh I could go on and on about this.

Completely agree.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    Hahaha that was funny. Seesh, the part about how some women seem to have forgotten what marriage is really about hit home. This totally encompasses my sister. I'm basically not allowed to talk about my own wedding around my sister or family when my sister is present (or risk all out war now), and was kicked out of her bridal party just because I started planning before her wedding was done. (By planning I mean, looking at venues, thinking of a date/time, and how large or small of a wedding we want). It is crazy the extreme some people take wedding planning, and I hope that I am never like that when I really get knee-deep into the planning. Marriages are about commitment, not flowers and uplighting!

I second her thoughts on gay marriage. A best guy friend of mine is gay, and while he never wants to get married, I think the option should be his... not some crackpot old coot who has had 3 wives. I am glad I am not the only one on these boards that think that way.

As for her not thinking people should get married/have kids in their 20s, I respectfully disagree there. While I agree that no one should feel pressured to makes these choices if they aren't ready, I think that people should if they feel ready. I know when I was 18/19/20ish I certainly wasn't ready, but now, in my mid 20s I certainly am. However, she didn't outright say "YOU ARE WRONG", she simply stated her opinion, just as I am stating mine. :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jenna-marbles-talks-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:43295004-fb0e-4946-87d7-68072b2603ccPost:5f697938-b134-4316-a158-3f5d359d2786">Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really get the "you don't have to get married in your twenties" argument. I didn't realize people thought they had to?  Otherwise, loved the cookie comment..and pretty much everything else for that matter.
    Posted by jaycee7389[/QUOTE]

I used to see a lot of posts around TK about how "I have to get married/have kids/etc before 30!" So in that respect, I absolutely see where she's coming from.

I like Jenna Marbles, but she's generally NSFW, so I'll watch it later.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jenna-marbles-talks-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:43295004-fb0e-4946-87d7-68072b2603ccPost:919f8fdd-0c24-4788-b508-4bd4fcffa426">Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage : I used to see a lot of posts around TK about how "I have to get married/have kids/etc before 30!" So in that respect, I absolutely see where she's coming from. I like Jenna Marbles, but she's generally NSFW, so I'll watch it later.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

<div>good call</div>

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jenna-marbles-talks-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:43295004-fb0e-4946-87d7-68072b2603ccPost:919f8fdd-0c24-4788-b508-4bd4fcffa426">Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage : I used to see a lot of posts around TK about how "I have to get married/have kids/etc before 30!" So in that respect, I absolutely see where she's coming from. I like Jenna Marbles, but she's generally NSFW, so I'll watch it later.
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can definitely see that point. I do agree with the having to have kids though, because as you get older the risks grow exponentially. That is usually the reason for those claims.
    5/27/12
  • Options
    I used to think I'd have a kid by 25- I'm 25 now. Then it was 'ok I want to start no later than 27 and be done by 30'. (I only plan on having 2 kids probably) Now at 25 I'm thinking maybe I won't start till 30 because lately thinking about having kids is scaring the crap out of me. I want to have kids young enough that there's less risk and I can still be a youngish mom. What if I'm still not ready at 30? or 32? There's so much pressure on women concerning this issue.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jenna-marbles-talks-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:43295004-fb0e-4946-87d7-68072b2603ccPost:cc281a99-8001-4d88-90f1-a80e3ac1bef3">Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used to think I'd have a kid by 25- I'm 25 now. Then it was 'ok I want to start no later than 27 and be done by 30'. (I only plan on having 2 kids probably) Now at 25 I'm thinking maybe I won't start till 30 because lately thinking about having kids is scaring the crap out of me. I want to have kids young enough that there's less risk and I can still be a youngish mom. What if I'm still not ready at 30? or 32? There's so much pressure on women concerning this issue.

I do get pressure in the "kid making" department, not too bad, but it is still there. FI and I are no where close to wanting to have kids, and aren't sure if either of us want to. I'm 24 he's almost 26... and we will be 25 and 27 (or 26 depending on the final date) when we get married. We've talked about wanting to wait at least 3 years to start having kids, if that is what we want, so that puts us at 28 and 30... but now that I am almost 1/2 way to 30, I am thinking that 30-32 would be a better age.

Like you I think that I might not be ready at 30-32, and I think that if I am not ready by 35-38, I just won't have my own children. If after that, FI and I decide we want kiddos, we've nothing against adoption (and might even do adoption in lieu of 'making' our own). Honestly though, I'm not ready for my own kids. I am a teacher, and I guess it sounds bad that I don't know if I want kids, but at least I am mature enough to recognize the fact that FI and I aren't anywhere NEAR ready (emotionally) to have our own kids. He and I enjoy the freedom we have, and are too selfish right now to bring a child into it. (Read: We like our "me" and "our" time).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just want to put it out there that 30 is by no means "old" for having children... when people talk about being older & having problems, they're talking like 40-45+, NOT 30ish. 

I pretty much agree with everything Jenna said. I'm determined to meet her & make her my best friend. 

My favorite line was "I got a fucking open bar. That's what I spent my money on."

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    I finally got a chance to watch this and it was awesome! I want to force special snowflake beebees to watch parts of it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_jenna-marbles-talks-marriage?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:43295004-fb0e-4946-87d7-68072b2603ccPost:7908754c-0a85-449e-8915-47505ee9b2c4">Re: Jenna Marbles talks marriage</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just want to put it out there that 30 is by no means "old" for having children... when people talk about being older & having problems, they're talking like 40-45+, NOT 30ish.  I pretty much agree with everything Jenna said. I'm determined to meet her & make her my best friend.  My favorite line was "I got a fucking open bar. That's what I spent my money on."
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

35 is when the chances of complications or genetic abnormalities really start to increase
    5/27/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards