Favors

Has anyone ever seen Cotton Candy as favor?

Just curious. We are still deciding between a few favor ideas. Definitely want something edible. We are getting married in March. There is a local company that does the cotton candy for weddings. They come with a cart and spin it fresh for the last 2 hours of the reception. What would you think? Would you like this idea? I've never seen it done before so I thought it would be for a somewhat unique idea.

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Has anyone ever seen Cotton Candy as favor?

• I have never seen cotton candy as a favor, but personally I wouldn't eat it while all dressed up. Seems like a mess to me (but maybe that's because I am a messy eater? ;-)

Anyway, how about cotton candy martinis? (Think of the photo of all the martini glasses lined up with cotton candy in them prior to pouring the drinks?)

Or Cotton Candy Jelly Beans - http://bit.ly/t4NkSf YUM!
    Need Wedding Favor Ideas? http://www.needweddingfavors.com
  • I've seen cotton candy martinis and thought they were a unique and colorful idea.  You can make a signature drink of it and I think the guests at the bar would love it.
  • I agree that it would be great to have something so they have the option to bring it home for later. It's definitely different and something people probably haven't seen before as a wedding favor which is nice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree that it really needs to be in bags  I looove cotton candy and would enjoy it as a favor, but I wouldn't want to HAVE to eat it right then and there (or try to figure out on my own how to take it home).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_anyone-ever-seen-cotton-candy-favor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:19bfe536-7763-4d7c-8772-60f6f1153356Post:3f0a8fff-5ae4-4d36-92b3-25bc32a42003">Re: Has anyone ever seen Cotton Candy as favor?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree that it really needs to be in bags  I looove cotton candy and would enjoy it as a favor, but I wouldn't want to HAVE to eat it right then and there (or try to figure out on my own how to take it home).
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

<div>This</div>
    Pumpernickel and olive juice
  • There's a a place here that spins it fresh and either leaves it on the stick or bags it for you. I'm thinking about having them for the bridal shower. My MOH and I saw them at a gala recently and fell in love. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • my cousin had cotton candy in purple to match one of her wedding colors! It was a super fun idea and everyone gobbled it up! it also had some cute meaning behind it, since our grandfather was an avid cotton candy maker:) i say go for it! its a different idea that not many people have seen...plus, its super cheap!
  • We are doing cotton candy!!!  We rented the machine and will make some fresh at the reception, but we also are doing up the bags before hand, with labels and tulle bows and thank you tags on them. That way if someone wants some right there and fresh they can have some, and then take a bag home with them as well. My biggest problem is , the bags that come with it are clear with red clowns printed on them... I am on the quest for just clear bags, and something cute to print on the label other than just our names and wedding date.
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It ate my post :(  We are doing cotton candy !! We rented the machine from a place here in town and we will have it at the reception, but we are also making up individual bags before hand. We spent last night tying up tulle bows and got some diy labels to print up and stick on the bags. Our colors are blush and champagne so we went with pink. My biggest problem is the bags that come with, are clear with red print all over them saying cotton candy with a big ole clown head, so I am on the search for plain clear bags, AND looking for some cute ideas to put on the labels other than just our names and wedding date. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated. We thought it would be different and cute, hope everyone else likes it. If not I will be happy to eat all the left overs!
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
    55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards