Latino Weddings

father/daughter dance

What song are you girls using for your father/daughter dance?  I used to listen to spanish music a lot as a child and my favorites were Los Bukis and Los Temerarious.  I would love to dance a song by them but I dont know of any songs that would be approprate.  Any ideas?

Re: father/daughter dance

• edited December 2011
    I got the idea for Vals para una Novia by Alejandro Jaen from one of the posters here.  I sent it to my parents and they absolutely loved it.  It's especially for this occasion! I can't wait to dance with my dad with this song, although I know he is going to definitley shed some tears....which will only make me cry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Aww that is a cute song!  Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    HI TMac1122

Im a huge fan of Los Temerarios and Bukis as well. Couldn't find anything from Los Temerarios, but I think the closest I found from Los Bukis was "Chiquilla Bonita"
    Here is the youtube link to the song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4SLHEK8DoY

And you can find the lyrics at:
    http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/los_bukis/chiquilla_bonita.html

Hope this helps.

Muchas Felicidades!
  • edited December 2011
    Pink Nevarez, our weddings are close to each other!  I thought of that song too but do you think it's too much of a love song?  I know he sings that one song to his mother, "Te Amo Mama".  He should have made a song for his dad! I'll ask my dad and see if he would mind dancing Chiquilla Bonita.

Thank you and Congratulations too!
  • edited December 2011
    This sounds weird, but there's a Jose Luis Peralessong called "Y Como Es El?"

People think it's about an affair, but the singer wrote it especially for his daughter when he heard she was going to be married, so the "el" iin the song is not Another Man in a romantic affair, but the man that his beloved daughter will be marrying. 

I listened to it the other day and was bawling picturing this song at my wedding with my dad.  Here are links to the song on YouTube and lyrics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNI2w48p6ro

Mirandote a los ojos jurara
    Que tienes algo nuevo que contarme
    Empieza ya mujer
    No tengas miedo
    Quiz para maana sea tarde
    Quiz para maana sea tarde

Y como es l?
    En que lugar se enamoro de ti?
    De donde es?
    A que dedica el tiempo libre?
    Pregntale
    Porque ha robado un trozo de mi vida?
    Es un ladrn. Que me ha robado todo

Y como es l?
    De donde es?
    Pregntale
    Porque ha robado un trozo de mi vida?

Arrglate mujer se te hace tarde
    Y llvate el paraguas por si llueve
    El te estar esperando para amarte
    Y yo estar celoso de perderte
    Y abrgate
    Te sienta bien ese vestido gris
    Sonrete
    Que no sospeche que has llorado
    Y djame. que vaya preparando mi equipaje
    Perdname . Si te hago otra pregunta

Y como es l?
    De donde es?
    Pregntale Porque ha robado un trozo de mi vida?

Y como es l?
    De donde es?
    Pregntale Porque ha robado un trozo de mi vida?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My older sister danced that with our dad so I was looking for something different but I if I cant, i love it!
  • eguerra23eguerra23 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Y Como Es El too! My brother gave me a hard time saying that was weird/gross because it was about an affair, but he finally read an interview where Perales said he wrote it when his daughter got married. :) I knew I wanted that song when I first heard it like ten years ago, definitely will be crying!
  • edited December 2011
    My dad and I are dancing to butterfly kisses (total white song) and just when he starts tearing up in going to have the DJ cut out and play Suavemente to lighten the mood, surprise him and add his culture into the mix, then we can dance it up, he's a ham!
  • edited December 2011
    OMG I just cried. I started reading this blog and decided to play "y como es el' (i have it in my itunes) and I just teared up thinking about my daddy and I dancing that!! so cute!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is going to be mine in December, but the cover Marc Anthony did. I love the original, but I've been a huge Marc Anthony fan since I was little and my parents used to go see him in concert when he wasn't as famous as he is now like when he would have gigs in smaller clubs and such. Plus, I feel Marc Anthony has so much more feeling in his voice. I just heard it now and started crying, had to put on some "funner" Marc Anthony now lol...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards