Rhode Island

Livingstone $800 photo credit winner... you too?

I went to the Twin River Bridal Expo last weekend and then got an email telling me that I won the $800 wedding drawing.  I know I signed up for a bunch of stuff, but I hate companies that tell you that you won something when it's really a discount that everyone "wins."  Did anyone else get this email too?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Livingstone $800 photo credit winner... you too?

• edited December 2011
    No, but I got one from Gary Sugal.  Watch out for him, he's sent me several very manipulative emails about winning a photography package.  I've won like $2500 off a package that costs 5-6 thousand!).  Ridiculous!
  • edited December 2011
    lol, i just got emails from both of them
  • edited December 2011
    I received the email last week. My BF and I went in Saturday and we love the work. Barbara was so nice. We booked and saved $800. We have been shopping around alot and feel it was the best price.  I'm so glad i got the email.
  • edited December 2011
    I received the email for the $800 and the $2500. I listed them as Spam!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought it was spam too. Anyways, the photography is very traditional - I could take most of the pics with just a basic camera, don't even need fancy lens or much post processing.
  • edited December 2011
    I sent sugal an email telling him to watch it.  I haven't been to a bridal show in like 2 years, and he's telling me he met me last weekend?  Ridiculous!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to twin River and Didin;t get it.
    Some emails go automatically to my spam and I empty it daily, so it could be there.

I was getting emails everday from some DJ. I told him to stop emailing me. He said I met him at the show. I didint talk to ANY other DJS but Mike Maceau at the show--- he still sends me emails and when I tell him to stop he told me that my request to be removed hasnt made it through the "computer system yet"

ya ok
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_livingstone-800-photo-credit-winner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:f8d39e78-b4e8-4b28-9c84-a58c33db4070Post:fb6118b5-b523-4b4e-b477-5eb0f54b0d99">Re: Livingstone $800 photo credit winner... you too?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I received the email last week. My BF and I went in Saturday and we love the work. Barbara was so nice. We booked and saved $800. We have been shopping around alot and feel it was the best price.  I'm so glad i got the email.
    Posted by Nik121011[/QUOTE]

Wow, and this is your first Knot post ever? What a coincidence! By BF do you mean your FI, or are you not enaged yet?
  • edited December 2011
    Good call KB_RI!  I smell vendor!
  • mege913mege913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh!! Twin river was my first expo and now all the crazy emails and phone calls won't stop.  Did everyone "win" the $300 laser center award too?  Too bad it is just a coupon for their overpriced services!  I guess I learned my lesson about trying to win stuff!
  • RosysjazzhallRosysjazzhall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Livingstone $800 photo credit winner... you too?:
    I received the email last week. My BF and I went in Saturday and we love the work. Barbara was so nice. We booked and saved $800. We have been shopping around alot and feel it was the best price.  I'm so glad i got the email.
    Posted by Nik121011

Wow, and this is your first Knot post ever? What a coincidence! By BF do you mean your FI, or are you not enaged yet?

I have been engaged for two months now.  So used to calling FI my BF.  I have not posted anything before as I am fairly new to the knot and have been just viewing to get ideas.  Felt no need to post before this one. 
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_livingstone-800-photo-credit-winner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:f8d39e78-b4e8-4b28-9c84-a58c33db4070Post:91f24334-db21-42ef-8c19-f56c50e4125c">Re: Livingstone $800 photo credit winner... you too?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Livingstone $800 photo credit winner... you too? : I received the email last week. My BF and I went in Saturday and we love the work. Barbara was so nice. We booked and saved $800. We have been shopping around alot and feel it was the best price.  I'm so glad i got the email. Posted by Nik121011

I have been engaged for two months now.  So used to calling FI my BF.  I have not posted anything before as I am fairly new to the knot and have been just viewing to get ideas.  Felt no need to post before this one. 
    Posted by Rosysjazzhall[/QUOTE]

Oops, looks like you're signed in under a different SN now!
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Ann,
    Gary Sugal Photograhy here,
    In a private email I explained to you that you received the original email from us in error. I sent you a very lengthy  note explaining as well as apologizing for your name being in our data base from two years ago.

$2500 Award:
    Any one who reads the award winning email and takes the time to come down for a no obligation consultation gains an insight as to what six of the other top photographers prices ranging from $3500.00 -$12,000.00 include or don't include in there packages.

Folks attending the presentation quickly realzie they are receiving from us  between $7000.00 -$10,000.00 in products and services as well as a seasoned  "pros pro" photographer for approx. $2250-$2750.00.

I can appreciate the fact that most folks find it hard to believe they are receiving so much for so little. However once the presentation is done the couple leave  here knowing I am one of the areas best photographers in the area and actually give away a huge amount of services, products and talent that would costs elsewhere more than two and half times times.

So ANN, kindly refrain from   posting negative comments about our company
    when you have no idea what we actually provide or what our programs are all about.
    GARY
  • edited December 2011
    Ann,
    Gary Sugal Photograhy here,
    In a private email I explained to you that you received the original email from us in error. I sent you a very lengthy  note explaining as well as apologizing for your name being in our data base from two years ago.

$2500 Award:
    Any one who reads the award winning email and takes the time to come down for a no obligation consultation gains an insight as to what six of the other top photographers prices ranging from $3500.00 -$12,000.00 include or don't include in there packages.

Folks attending the presentation quickly realzie they are receiving from us  between $7000.00 -$10,000.00 in products and services as well as a seasoned  "pros pro" photographer for approx. $2250-$2750.00.

I can appreciate the fact that most folks find it hard to believe they are receiving so much for so little. However once the presentation is done the couple leave  here knowing I am one of the areas best photographers in the area and actually give away a huge amount of services, products and talent that would costs elsewhere more than two and half times times.

So ANN, kindly refrain from   posting negative comments about our company
    when you have no idea what we actually provide or what our programs are all about.
    GARY
  • edited December 2011
    I got the email too. They are very nice people. I guess anyone who goes to these expos gets emails like livingstone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jennrobdjennrobd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went with my FI to see Barbara, She was awesome the letter is only a discount and it says so. She not only gave a discount but also threw in some free items and helped us get discounts from other vendors. We where very impressed.

• edited December 2011
     We LOVE Sugal Photography and we love Gary Sugal. He is a “pros-pro” and does amazing work.I also received an email from Sugal Photography in February of 2010 that stated I had won a discount of $2500.00 off his GOLD photography package. To be perfectly honest at first I also was a little skeptical about the email  However, I decided to call his studio and arrange an appointment the next time I was in Rhode Island. Within one week of receiving the email I met with Gary for a presentation.

Aside from the fact that his work is gorgeous, (actually stunning)  I found Gary to be very kind, compassionate, generous and also very honest.
     His gold package comes with a ton of items (28) including a free engagement session, all the rights to the photos, table shots of guests. plus video clips of first dance as husband and wife, bride w/dad, groom w/mom and three 26 page albums.

We also ordered his famous “Italian metallic wedding album” (it's optional). I cannot describe in a thousand words how beautiful the album turned out.  
    It’s stunning, amazing and nothing like I have ever seen before.  
     If I can offer any advise up here, I would say take a few minutes, talk with Gary and definitely visit his studio. See what he has to offer. You will conclude as we did that no other photographer in NE can even come close to his high photography standards and he is not at all about money. You will be totally blown away once you see his work and of course his prices. .  Thank you Gary and Pauline we can’t thank you enough and GOD BLESS both of you

You and your wife are truly gifted artists.
    Kathy

• saradragon2saradragon2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Vendors 101: Inquire, research, meet and decide. Simple, yet very effective. The best vendors will always rise to the top. You will see it in the work, presentation and personality. Nothing replaces a meeting and close up examination of product and style. Scam,spam ...or whatever you want to call it--just do the legwork and you will separate the players from the posers. 
  • I was looking into Sugal's Art services. I was at first very excited to work with Mr. Sugal and his art studio. I was looking for a portrait of my fiancé and I to surprise him with as a gift on the day of our wedding. I inquired into pricing, but Mr. Sugal avoided giving me any sort of quote. I was frustrated, but I continued to go back and forth via email about 20 times, patiently giving him info on the project and still asking for some kind of estimate. Eventually it was obvious that he was just not going to give a quote. He just went on and on about the “creative process” and how lovely and inspiring art is. I asked him again and again but he totally avoided any answers. He also wanted a meeting, but why would I travel 2 hours to meet with someone when I have no idea what price range is? I even tried to get the prices of some of his previous projects, and he wouldn't give me that either. He even scolded me for caring more about the cost than about the art itself! I looked up his business reviews, and no one else had anything good to say. Then I saw that he had responded to the crappy reviews, posting a long defensive bit about why the brides who had issues with him were idiots/wrong. THEN a post showed up from a bride talking about how wonderful he is….and that post was very suspiciously posted the very same day this “bride” joined the wedding website. He was trying to fake his own good reviews. Even after this, I didn't cut things off. I (VERY patiently) asked him for some customer references, and he refused. He then told me that he would never ever want to do a piece for me, because it’s obvious all I care about is the money involved. I am furious at this horrendous treatment. Worst customer service I’ve ever seen, and I am very flexible and easy to please. Can't understand why he got angry with me for insisting on some kind of price estimate. I have a funny feeling he would have avoided pricing completely until the painting was done. Conceited, unprofessional & rude; avoid at all costs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards