Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Nails?

Hi ladies! So I'm getting married on March 10 this year, and my nails are just sad. lol So, I plan to get acrylics for the wedding and am looking for nail designs I like. I googled bridal nails and other such terms on Google images, but so many of the designs are just WAY out there, a bit busy for my taste. Does anyone know of a site with bridal nail designs? I'm leaning towards a french manicure, but I want to incorporate a little sparkle, as there is sparkle in my dress. I just don't want my nails covered in glitter or rhinestones like I keep seeing online. Silver is one of our colors, so I was hoping to find something with a hint of silver in it. I appreciate any help you can offer!
"Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, It will set you free..."
~Mumford and Sons
Anniversary

Re: Nails?

• You know what I've seen before that might work?  (Sorry, could not find photo!)  You can get a strip of color in-between the pink and the white, so you could get a strip of silver between the pink and white on the nail. 
  • I like that idea! Thanks!
    ~Mumford and Sons
    Anniversary
  • I've done that in the past, most nail places have a "glitter type" silver, that they paint on a strip. It looks nice, and adds just a little bit of sparkle.
  • Great idea, I like this and may do this as well!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Just an FYI from someone who used to wear acrylics all the time along with one of my BM. We are both opting to not get them because the up keep is costly and even just taking them off makes your nails very brittle and can be painful. We are opting for either a shellac or just french mani on regular nails. The shellac stays on for two weeks with no chipping. (in most cases)
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love shellac! If my nails are long enough I will def get this done. If not, I will prob do acrylics but soak them off after with acetone nail policy remover. I'm a nail tech, and this is the best way to get them off without ruining your nails. Shellac is my #1 option though!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Yeah, I've had acrylics several times before, and I know firsthand how unkind they can be to nails. But my nails grow so slowly, and when they do, they're thin and bend over kind of strangely. I know, not pretty. lol So, for the wedding, for my nails to look nice, I have no choice, really, but to go for the acrylic. I don't plan to keep them, though, for reasons above. They really aren't good for the nails, and are costly to maintain.
    ~Mumford and Sons
    Anniversary
  • Does anyone know if there is a Shellac for an American rather than a French?  I prefer the more subtle white to the brighter white and I've seen the French, but not an American.  I've been dying to try the Shellac, but want an American.  My nails are strong and I can grow them long though I rarely do (we live on 23 acres, homeschool 4 kids, have 5 dogs and 4 cats and are in the process of starting a vineyard, need I say more?).
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_nails-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:c880c37f-e335-4907-8ab6-68ce770c830cPost:6f815456-c0ec-4b3d-b93d-4f4fdbf1f7a8">Re: Nails?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know what I've seen before that might work?  (Sorry, could not find photo!)  You can get a strip of color in-between the pink and the white, so you could get a strip of silver between the pink and white on the nail. 
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]
    I've seen this at salons and it looks really pretty. Not too out there
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_nails-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:c880c37f-e335-4907-8ab6-68ce770c830cPost:6f815456-c0ec-4b3d-b93d-4f4fdbf1f7a8">Re: Nails?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know what I've seen before that might work?  (Sorry, could not find photo!)  You can get a strip of color in-between the pink and the white, so you could get a strip of silver between the pink and white on the nail. 
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]
    I like this idea.  Or you can have them paint the bottom with light sparkles, and have them blend it up until it disappears.
  • Schellac is awesome!
  • I'm going to Wal-Mart and getting some cheap plastic overlays. They glue on well and are actually fairly good for $10.00. They have lots of designs and lengths too. They come off without wrecking the nail (found out the glue dissolves in common household cleaners). No point in spending a lot of money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards