Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Ceremony Music

I'm having the worst time motivating myself to choose our ceremony music! I do have the two special music selections picked out - the ones I'm having people sing. But as far as the processional and everything, I have nothing. I feel like there are so many musical selections to choose from! How did you choose? Any good ideas for something in place of the Wedding March?
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ceremony Music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to choose sacramental/church music for mine so that narrows the selection tremendously.  Processional will be Canon in D on piano.  I have not chosen what the bridal party will walk down yet.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parish had organ prelude, processional and recessional pieces pre-recorded to assist brides and grooms with selecting those pieces!  You can link to that list www.cathedralsaintpaul.org/wedding-music">here (<<click)

We selected Johnson Trumpet Tune in D for our processional and Psalm 19 by Marcello for our recessional.  Our full music selections are in my bio!
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose by going through tons of wedding music & classical cds that I found at the library. I knew that I did not want the traditional wedding march or cannon in D. We chose "The Indian Queen" for the WP and moms, "Trumpet Voluntary" for me, and "Arrival of the Queen of Sheba" for the recessional. They have funny names, but the music is really pretty.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I chose my processional/recessional for sentimental reasons.  My processional was Schubert's Ave Maria in honor of my Dad's parents who had it as their processional when they got married.  My recessional was Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring at an upbeat tempo in honor of my Mom's parents who had it as their processional when they got married.  When we started looking at our own parents' choices for songs, we found Jesu in both of their services at somet point as well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went really non-traditional for ours, since we didn't get married in a church, and had my favorite cabaret singer do all the music, so we wanted to play to her strengths because she's really great at what she does.

BP processional: "Somebody to Love" by Queen
    Bridal processional: "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd, only played on electric/accoustic guitar - not sung.  It's my very favoritest song in the world even though it's actually really depressing, but the cadence works well for a processional.
    Recessional:  "Ob La Di Ob La Da" by The Beatles
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine are also non-traditional:

Prelude:
    Various Selections by Yiruma

Processional: Canon in D Major by Johann Pachelbel

Welcome & Readings: Feather Theme from Forrest Gump

Sand Ceremony:
     Power of Two by Indigo Girls

Vows: River Flows in You by Yiruma

Rings: Love Me by Yiruma

Recessional:
    You're My Best Friend by Queen

Postlude: Feather Theme from Forrest Gump

The songs are all linked to You Tube in my bio.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Most of the songs we chose we picked because they mean't something to us. For prelude our pianist is playing "Lack of Color" by Death Cab for Cutie, for seating of the parents/mom's lighting the candles we chose "Angel Eyes" by Jim Brickman, for the wedding party coming out we chose "Married Life" from the movie UP and for when I come out we chose "Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg and then for the recessional we chose "Daylight" by Matt & Kim. All of the songs we chose are just going to be played by our pianist (except for "daylight")

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards