Rhode Island

Club 505

Hi all, first post here. Looking for places in Cranston or Providence for the reception, but I don't live there, so appreciate any advice! Anyone used the Club 505?
Thanks!

Re: Club 505

• snowygreensnowygreen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Or the Raplh's Catering Place, the VFW?

Thanks!!
  • mam217mam217 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Club 505 is basically a secondary room in a very popular sports bar in Cranston (Sharx). To me it is not the best setting, but I honestly have never seen or heard of an event besides a band playing there at night.
  • edited December 2011
    What about the Squantum Association in East Providence?  I have no idea what they charge, but I think it's hidden gem. 
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a particular budget in mind?

ETA: Oops, I posted under my new Nestie name, so it looks like I'm a newbie but I'm not! :-)
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a very typical banquet type hall, it didn't leave much of an impression for me. However, the event wasn't a wedding so maybe the set up is different. The food wasn't bad though.
  • Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Edgewood Yacht Club.  As far as price goes (and not for something hideous), it's the best deal I've found.  I think $750 for 5 hr rental and bartender fee (not alcohol).  They also have tables and chairs (which saves about $500 in rental costs).  You must use their bar, but can bring in any professional (like, even from a grocerly store - just not homemade) food and they have a small kitchen.  Providence Tango also rents out their studio.  It's $125/hr and I was told there are no food or alcohol restrictions.  As far as I know, you have to rent everything.  But it has benefits such as they're already set up for music and ideal acoustics.  Both places have websites with rental/wedding info.  Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • snowygreensnowygreen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, very helpful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards