Vermont

New bride to be who's new to Vermont

Hi all!  I am very new to Vermont (been here about a month), and I'm looking for fellow brides to meet up with and chat about wedding planning.  My fiance lives in Montreal, my family is in California, and my friends/bridesmaids are scattered across the rest of the country, so I'm trying to do a lot of this on my own.  Not knowing the area very well and not knowing very many people that live here, it's kind of a challenge!  Plus, I've never planned a wedding before :)  I will say though, I have learned a lot just from this message board already.  I live in Bristol, but don't have any problems driving to Burlington or elsewhere to meet with you and get ideas or just to meet new people.  Let me know if you're interested, and I hope to hear from you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: New bride to be who's new to Vermont

• edited December 2011
    Hello! I also just moved to vermont and I'm from California too. I've been here 2 months. I got married in California, so I cant really help with wedding planning here. But I did plan my wedding while living in Washington so I can sympathize with the struggles of wedding planning without anyone else around to help :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

There were actually a couple of us in another thread talking about getting together.  I'm moving to VT from CO at the end of the month.  I will be working in Burlington and living temporarily with future in=laws in Montpelier until my FI and i get settled and find a place.  My friends/family/bridal party is spread out all over the country too!  I would love to meet up when I get out there. 

Let's keep in touch, I would love to get together!

Beth
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Loving all of these other new brides coming to Vermont!  We just had our wedding and just moved up this way too from North Carolina.  We should totally do a GTG!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to hear there's interest!  Vermont was not a planned move for me, so I don't really know anyone and I was worried that I wouldn't meet anyone either. (I'm in a small town!  :)  And like I said, I would love to hear any planning advice you all have.   My work schedule is variable from week to week (and I work weekends too most the time), but evenings are usually free if anyone is interested in meeting up.  Yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay yay yay!!

Are all of you having your weddings in Vermont or just moving to Vermont and getting hitched elsewhere?  So excited!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding in Vermont, and living there as well.  My fiance lives in Montreal, so long story short, it's the easiest place for us to get married.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Eek, I can't wait to see Montreal!  My sister's BF lives up there, so she's always going back and forth between here and there.  So exciting, woot!
  • edited December 2011
    Alright Ladies, I'm heading out to Vermont in less than 48 hours (GULP)!  I should be getting there on the 27th, so let's get a plan to together to get together!  I'm thinking brunch, maybe the weekend after Halloween weekend? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!!  Happy, safe travels!  I think brunch would be awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Damn!  I'm actually going to be in Montreal that weekend since my mom is in town and she's never met my fiance's family.  So it's looking like we'll be there the evening of 11/4 until late in the day on 11/6.  Do you think anyone would be interested in maybe some sort of happy hour or dinner this week? I know it's short notice, but Momday, Tuesday, poss Wednesday could work.  Or the week after?  Not sure how long you're here Beth, but I wouldn't want to ditch out on my mom during the week she's here.  Otherwise I'll catch up with you next time. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    No ditching the mom, hehe, that's so exciting she'll be meeting FI's family!  The first time DH's family and my family met was at our wedding.  Went much better than anticipated, let's just leave it at that, haha.

Maybe we can plan for a little later in the month after moms are gone and Beth's more settled..?  That would probably work great!
  • edited December 2011
    I made it!  It was a trying (and longer than expected journey), but I'm here and working!  I grossly underestimated how quickly I would get into the swing of things, so I would love to do something more towards the end of the month, when I have my ducks in a row a little more.  I work in Burlington, live near Montpelier, so I'm happy with either spots for happy hour/dinner/brunch/coffee.  As a sidenote, I am looking for an apartment, near Burlington, if anyone knows of anything, please let me know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hooray on finally making it!  I feel you on the long trip, the drive up from NC wasn't pretty.  Although I'm sure coming from CO was even longer, bleh!  We found our Burlington apt through Craigslist.  It seemed to be a good bet while searching.  If you want, I can put you in touch with our landlord to see if he has other openings.  He manages a number of different properties in and around downtown from my understanding.  Just let me know, and I'll send you a PM with his info.
  • edited December 2011
    I might have you both beat; I drove here from Houston via Minneapolis. Which really isn't on the way ;) But long story short, I didn't plan on ending up here! Anyway, I'm in on the get together. I live in Bristol (near Middlebury) so no matter what, I'll have to drive somewhere more interesting. Reallly any afternoon works for me except Wednesdays. Exciting! When is everyone getting married again?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh boy, yup, I think you win!  What a trip that must've been.
  • edited December 2011
    I live in NY and I'm planning the wedding in VT :) It is definitely a challenge being further away and trying to plan is not always easy. I've got the venue nailed down at least- and I have a photographer/baker friend traveling to the wedding anyway- now time to figure out flowers, music, and all that good stuff. Love seeing so many VT brides! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards