Registry and Gift Forum

It's really hard not to registry stalk!

I thought it'd be easy to just not look at it again....I was so wrong. My shower isn't until  the end of July, but I still check all the time, even knowing that it's way too early for anyone to buy anything!

And worse than that, I have a couple friends and a couple aquaintances who are getting married and I stalk THEIR registries....I'm not even sure why! Well...it is interesting to see what they pick and when they add stuff....but still!

We did go buy one friend his wedding gift today though! We're the first to buy off their registry! (and their wedding is May 21st! that seems weird to me that we're first...) We got them their flatware set!

Re: It's really hard not to registry stalk!

• FI and I are talking about registering soon and as exciting as it is, I'm also willing to hold off a bit because I know I will want to stalk it so bad! lol 

And yes, I registry stalk other peoples' registries too, so you're not alone lol 
  • edited April 2011
    I do the same thing, and my shower isn't until the end of July either!! And I'm always looking up people I know who are getting married this year, but no one else has registered yet. Sadly I even look up random names because I love looking at what other people pick out and see if there's anything I hadn't thought of! 

I thought for sure we wouldn't get any gifts fulfilled until July, but I checked yesterday on a whim and found that we had three gifts purchased! I was soo excited lol
  • I have a shower this weekend and one next weekend, and I'm trying very hard to be good.  It's not easy, but I want to be surprised.
  • my shower is june 26th and i stalk every day. 1) to make sure nothing is sold out. ive had to remove 15 items and replace them. 2) to stalk lol. I stalk other peoples too. I would so stalk my messageboards buddies if I knew their real names lmao
    Anniversary
  • I dont' have a clue when my shower is... I'm being suprised.. I sooo dont' want to registry stalk, but I'm such a nosy person and it's so exciting!  I wish there was a way that you could make a registry and then have your BP password protect it and give that PW out to everyone except the bride!  Someone needs to invent that!
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I stalk mine multiple times a day! My shower is in mid to late July too so I don't know why I'm looking at it now! I really want to see what the first item purchased will be!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • To be honest I don't think I'll even try not to stalk the registry. I registry stalk for the weddings of family so why not my own.
  • my first item gone was my comforter. 13 items gone so far. eeepp! its so exciting. most of them are stored in my closet, but theres like 4 items we havent recieved yet.
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_its-really-hard-not-registry-stalk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:718f9a2a-2aef-44c8-8af1-c0bdf64f01d2Post:05a7e92d-773d-47c1-b453-4f0d24ebb85f">Re: It's really hard not to registry stalk!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my shower is june 26th and i stalk every day. 1) to make sure nothing is sold out. ive had to remove 15 items and replace them. 2) to stalk lol. I stalk other peoples too. I would so stalk my messageboards buddies if I knew their real names lmao
    Posted by karmellah[/QUOTE]

If something says "Backordered" is it sold out? Because there are a few things on my registry like that, and some of them I really want!
  • im getting married tomorrow and i am still stalking
  • Oh I definitely check mine out on a daily basis! But I've heard it's good to do because you want to make sure there are enough options in all of the price ranges for those who haven't bought anything yet. At least that's my excuse lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_its-really-hard-not-registry-stalk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:718f9a2a-2aef-44c8-8af1-c0bdf64f01d2Post:09e54728-6975-4f20-a922-e138305c28d5">Re: It's really hard not to registry stalk!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I definitely check mine out on a daily basis! But I've heard it's good to do because you want to make sure there are enough options in all of the price ranges for those who haven't bought anything yet. At least that's my excuse lol
    Posted by cbratthauer[/QUOTE]

this is true actually!
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one looking at other couples too! I stalk mine and anyone else I know who is getting married. It is so fun and I get ideas for what I need. Our shower is not until August and 10 items were purchased. It was so cool to see that number lol
  • O my god, you ladies make me feel so much better!! I am the SAME WAY!!!!! The worst are places like Crate and Barrel where you can see who bought you your gift too---ugh!!! I think I have a serious problem!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards