August 2012 Weddings
Options

Baby Names - Random, I know

So last night FI and I were talking about baby names. We have settled on a few of our favorites and I am wondering what you ladies have down as top baby names if you have even thought about it. :)

Here are our top baby names (with middle names):

Boys: Peyton Mitchel and Colton Trey

Girls: Lyla Grace and Olivia Rose

Re: Baby Names - Random, I know

• Options
    I've always liked

Boys: Keagan Andrew, Ashton Michael, Trent Isaac

Girls: Sarah.  This is purely a back up because, no joke - I REALLY don't want a girl.  I realize this means I indeed will HAVE a girl...but...well....

I asked FI about naming our child Murphy - it's my Mom's last name and he said it was a possibilty.  All of my boy name choices are of course purely on the fence.  John is an option for us, but it's the ONLY one FI has thrown out - it's his Dad's name.  I said the only person I would name my son after in my family would be my Grandfather.
  • Options
    I could tell you but then I'd have to....Just kidding

Haven't really thought about it but have always loved the name Olivia for a girl!

Boy...what about the name Kaden? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest "I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it." -Carrie ~ Sex and the City
  • Options
    I love thinking of baby names LOL 

Girls: Ava, Angelina, Sophia

Boys: Nicholas, Johnathan
    ---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fi and I sometimes think about this but we have the hardest time finding some we like.

For Boys, we do know that we like Anthony Jarvis. (Jarivs is fis middle name and his grandmfathers anthony is my grandfathers)

For Girls- i like  Evie, and Sloane but sloane didint go over well with FI. And Adrianne
    I also like names with V;s (no idea why)
    Victoria, Valerie, and Vanessa (but i'd want to call her Nessa)

I don't LOVE children and fiance does so we always said we'd have one. I am really praying that"one" is a girl, so is my fiance!!

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    We want 2, we plan on having an "Oops" room in our house.  But, we know that my pregnancies can and probably will be difficult given my Fibro.  My friend out East had 2 kids and her doc said "Don't have anymore, it will kill you." 

Does anyone else have any fears about becoming a mom?  I know this is more of a "bump" convo but whatever.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_baby-names-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7d25e46c-e664-4179-b281-f9afe18b45c4Post:b1adc557-e6cb-4f56-b04e-074b12a11f15">Re: Baby Names - Random, I know</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fi and I sometimes think about this but we have the hardest time finding some we like. For Boys, we do know that we like Anthony Jarvis. (Jarivs is fis middle name and his grandmfathers anthony is my grandfathers) For Girls- i like  Evie, and Sloane but sloane didint go over well with FI. And Adrianne I also like names with V;s (no idea why) Victoria, Valerie, and <strong>Vanessa (but i'd want to call her Nessa)</strong> I don't LOVE children and fiance does so we always siad we'd have one. I am really prating that"one" is a girl, so is my fiance!!
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]

lol My sister's name is Vanessa! I call her Nessa most of the time, sometimes Nessie. I also have a friend with a daughter named Janessa and they call her Nessa and Nessie as well!

I have no idea. The last time we talked about it, I liked the name Lillian Jade for a girl, but not sure at the moment. As for a boy...no clue!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I am super duper afraid but for different reasons than yours!  Both FI and I like kids...just don't know if we are ready or willing to give up our fun in the next few years for another life!  It is super duper duper duper scary!  We will prob end up having kids, but not for a while.  I just love getting the "you know you aren't getting any younger" speech from people and I'm only 30!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest "I'm thinking balls are to men what purses are to women. It's just a little bag, but we feel naked in public without it." -Carrie ~ Sex and the City
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_baby-names-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7d25e46c-e664-4179-b281-f9afe18b45c4Post:11cfee17-999b-4f9b-b544-7db9e4311ae8">Re: Baby Names - Random, I know</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am super duper afraid but for different reasons than yours!  Both FI and I like kids...just don't know if we are ready or willing to give up our fun in the next few years for another life!  It is super duper duper duper scary!  We will prob end up having kids, but not for a while.  I just love getting the "you know you aren't getting any younger" speech from people and I'm only 30!!
    Posted by DarrahDoo[/QUOTE]

I"m actually not necessarily afraid of the pregnancy - I'm afraid I won't be a good mom, or that my kids will grow up to resent/hate me.  I guess I'd be OK giving up my current life for a kid - but FI and I plan on waiting at least a couple of years before we start trying.
  • Options
    I think that fear is underlying in anyone who is or wants to be pregnant.  It is human nature!  I think there are some key components that go in to successful parenting and they are somewhat different for everyone!  As long as your kid is your priority and you have unconditional love for them you are on the right track! 
  • Options
    My fears are more about being scared I can't get pregnant. I don't know why I feel that way for sure, but I have a bad feeling about it for some reason. My goal is to have my first by the time I'm 30 (I'm 27 now)...I probably shouldn't put that kind of pressure on myself, though!

I think most of the fears everyone has expressed are really common. It's not something you can totally prepare for...I think the best parents are some of those that just go with the flow. I don't mean let your kid run around robbing banks and doing drugs, etc, but more like they just deal with each situation as it comes up instead of having a step by step plan for the kid's entire life. Mostly because if you have some kind of a "plan", something WILL put a knot in it somewhere down the line! I also think very few people truly feel ready for parenthood until it happens...and even then there will be scary times, but from what I hear, it's worth it.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We're pretty much decided our first child's name, whether it's a boy or a girl, and perhaps a second child's name if they're the opposite gender.  If we end up with two of the same gender, we'll have to work from scratch for the second child's name!!!

Boy:  James Henry.  FI is a 3rd, but I refuse to name my child a 4th.  His middle name is Henry, so my compromise is to make it our son's name.  My Dad's middle name is James, as is FI's best man's name.  We like it a lot!

Girl:  Carolyn Rose.  Carolyn is because we like the 'lyn' because it's my Mom's middle name, and Rose because my grandfather always called me his "Rose" so I want to name my child in honor of him, hopefully not in memory of him - I'd like to have him meet her!

Anniversary

• Options
    i2012do--I'm sort of in the same boat as you.   Neither FI nor I are really kid people, but I can't imagine not having kids at all, so we've decided we will probably have 1 (plus, he has a son from a pervious marriage--joint custody).  We definitely want a girl.  He claims he just KNOWS we'll have a girl, so, as LGM22 noted, that means I'll probably be having a boy, haha.

We have no idea about names yet.

Olivia sure is a popular name these days!  One of my best friends just had a baby girl last August and named her Olivia as well!

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'll play! 

FI and I have had the discussion of baby names if not because we are the last of our friends  to get married and everyone else has moved on to the baby making train. 

If we have a boy, we have agreed on Hunter Graham, if we are lucky enough to have a second, i would be rooting for Ethan Gregory (Gregory being FI's name) but he is still on the fence about that one. 

For girls, our first choice is Julianna Grace. with Madison Rae.

I truly can not wait to have kids. I am trying to convince FI that he wants a HM baby. He told me no. haha, we have agreed that we will probably have 2 kids, although I would love to have at least three.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not positive where we stand on this.  Neither of us are big kid people, but I love my niece and nephews as does FI.  I can't picture never having a family of my own and I think I'd be ready by the time we hit our first anniversary.  I think FI would be fine if I told him to get a vasectomy tomorrow.  But he knows I needed the option of having kids on the table, and he said he was ok with having kids eventually.  I think we'd stop after 2.  FI is an only child and I want our kids to have that sibling bond that he missed out on.  I think he'd do better with girls and I think I'd do better with boys, so maybe we can have one of each!  I'll be 30 by our first anniversary, and I want to be done having kids by the time I'm 34, so hopefully it's not hard for us to conceive.  I have fears of our kids turning into psychos, and I think FI's biggest fear is losing the life he has now.  We get to nap/play/relax when we want to, and that's the part he doesn't want to change.  I think you have to be ready to accept that before you have kids.  So hopefully, he spends more time with my niece and nephews and gets the jist of what kids need. 

As far as names, I have them picked out 2 for girls and 1 of those works for a boy as well.  I just need middle names to go with them.
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CallMeMrsChaos: I love it how you want a HM baby! I am going to have trouble waiting. My FI wants for us to be married for two full years before we start trying and I really want to push that to a year and a half. (I personally would like to have kids even sooner, but I will wait for him).  I just can't wait!
  • Options
    My top girl name is Rachel, I have always loved that name and I have wanted a girl with that name as long as I can remember. For boys we haven't found any boy names we agree on really but I am leaning towards Mathew. Jack will be a middle name though in honor of my Grandpa Jack who passed away from a rare blood cancer 2 years ago. Me and my fiancee talk about having kids all the time, we have been together for 5 years almost already so were not worried about having kids to soon but it would be more ideal for me to have a job after college atleast before we have one but we would definitely not be disapointed if we had one earlier.
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options

Boys:
           Noah James= after one date we both had a dream I was pregnant with twin boys and this was one of the names of our twins
           Roman Alexander, William Henry, Tristan Michael,
    Girls:
          Ophelia Marie, Evangeline Rose (Evie for short), Emerson Shea, Scarlett Anne, Jocelyn Isolde
    Can anyone tell I'm a history major? :) We want 4-6 kids so we have lots of names to choose from when the time is right.

• Options
    FH and I plan on waiting many years to have kids (like 7 or so) because we would like to just have fun as a couple for awhile. That said, we do have our first boy and girls names picked out :)

Boy: James (to keep the male "J" tradition in his family- for middle name, I would like Perry after his friend that was killed, but we'll have to see how he feels about it when the time comes)

Girl: Aniela (A beautiful Polish name, when I was a older kid/early teen I read a book about an immigrant girl named this and loved it, and right then and there decided that would be the name of my first girl. I would LOVE for her middle name to be Sophie after my late grandma, however our last name starts with "S" and there's no way I'd let my girl have AS* for her initials...lol)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Love this thread!

Girls: Addison Rae and Olivia Jane or Charlotte Rae, Addison Jane. Rae is my middle name as well as my mom's and cousins.

Boys: Matthew James or Henry James. I haven't given boys names nearly as much thought as girls! Also love the name Jack & Nathan.
  • Options
    Whitney: I also love this thread! It has been so fun to read the different names and why you all chose them! I didn't realize that almost everyone has names in mind! hehe
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_baby-names-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7d25e46c-e664-4179-b281-f9afe18b45c4Post:395bd135-f0ba-4372-a172-b81ff422be80">Re: Baby Names - Random, I know</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're pretty much decided our first child's name, whether it's a boy or a girl, and perhaps a second child's name if they're the opposite gender.  If we end up with two of the same gender, we'll have to work from scratch for the second child's name!!! Boy:  James Henry.  FI is a 3rd, but I refuse to name my child a 4th.  His middle name is Henry, so my compromise is to make it our son's name.  My Dad's middle name is James, as is FI's best man's name.  We like it a lot! Girl:  Carolyn Rose.  Carolyn is because we like the 'lyn' because it's my Mom's middle name, and Rose because my grandfather always called me his "Rose" so I want to name my child in honor of him, hopefully not in memory of him - I'd like to have him meet her!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

So I love the name carolyn because one of my old friends (which I have lost touch with unfortunately) is named Carolyn. Ironically she liked my fiance when I did....we were planning on going to the Ohio State fair one day and her best friend had to work so she said to us, go to the fair....and she went into work with her friend. Well, the rest is history....Adam and I have been together since. I strongly believe if she hadn't told us to basically go to the fair together, we might not be together today because she is wonderful and I am sure she would have won him over.....:) So I really want to have Carolyn as a girl name for us....even if it is a middle name.
  • Options
    I've been having baby fever off and on for about a year! Eeek. I'm in the off period right now though.
    For girls we both love the name Sofia. It was my name in spanish class when FI and I took Spanish together. The only thing I don't like is that it is so popular. I dont think Fi cares about that though. We also like the name Charlie for a girl. I think it is so cute for some reason. But I remember when I was in grade school there was a girl named Charlee and I thought it was weird. So, I'm a little worried about giving our little girl a traditionally boys name. But, the girl I went to school with was odd too, it wasn't just her name. And I know this is terrible, but i thought she was weird because her eyes didn't always look the same direction, she had one that pointed away usually. (<--- guilty confession)
    FI wants twin girls really bad.

For boys we are a little torn. FI's first name is William, but he goes by Jon. His dad, my dad, his grandpa, and my grandpa, are all William too. I feel like we can't break that tradition. Also, I love that there is so many people he would be named after. I feel like it would tie the families together even more. So, my compromise would be to either name him Liam or to name him William, but call him Liam. FI is too big on that idea though. Also for a middle name I want to use Michael. A very close family friend of FI is named Michael and I know this person will be very influential in our child's life too. So I want Liam Michael. I love it! 
  • Options
    ok so... FI and I don't want kids until AFTER we are able to travel to Italy =P  so we're looking at least 4 years down the road.  We've talked about 1 maaaayybe 2 kids. definitely no more than 2.  we want to be able to give both a fair amount of attention (and be able to see all their concerts and sporting events!)

As far as names...married last name will be Busch, so clearly Seymour is out. and anything else that can be twisted as a joke. we also want to stay away from "A" and "C" names, so that "A Busch"  and "See Busch" doesn't get used either.  Fi and I are both "M" names, sooooo we could be THAT family and keep it going.....lol

Other than things we DONT want, we haven't really talked too much about names.  i'm bent on having a girl, and i'm kind of into the name Sophie or Sophia (Sophia Marie?)  Fi likes the name Ryan for a boy.
    bottom line we want to find a name that flows well together and possibly represents our cultures...so i'm sure it'll take us those 4 years to come up with something that works! =P
  • Options
    Boy:
    His Pick: Marshall Robert
    FI's name is Marshall and he is set on naming his son after himself...I dont mind the idea, but I hate when same-name fathers and sons become "Big" and "Little", so our compromise would be that our son go by "Robbie". Robert is my grandfathers name.
    My Pick: Sean Robert

Girl:
    FI doesnt really have an opinion on a girl, I have always liked Abbie, middle name would be Bertina after my grandmother.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_baby-names-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7d25e46c-e664-4179-b281-f9afe18b45c4Post:60914851-26b6-44ff-8e1c-86edaef7ac42">Re: Baby Names - Random, I know</a>:
    [QUOTE]i2012do--I'm sort of in the same boat as you.   Neither FI nor I are really kid people, but I can't imagine not having kids at all, so we've decided we will probably have 1 (plus, he has a son from a pervious marriage--joint custody).  We definitely want a girl.  He claims he just KNOWS we'll have a girl, so, as LGM22 noted, that means I'll probably be having a boy, haha. We have no idea about names yet. Olivia sure is a popular name these days!  One of my best friends just had a baby girl last August and named her Olivia as well!
    Posted by kap617[/QUOTE]

Fiance insists we will hve a girl. but he and I both have families full of boys.
    On a side note: every single one of my girlfriends from college that had a baby has had a girl! its just really funny and ironic. And most of them are named some variation of sophie or sophia or olivia-- def a popular 2011 name!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_baby-names-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7d25e46c-e664-4179-b281-f9afe18b45c4Post:4672db76-4a9c-4737-b43b-97e78e61c94b">Re: Baby Names - Random, I know</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boy: His Pick: Marshall Robert FI's name is Marshall and he is set on naming his son after himself...I dont mind the idea, but I hate when same-name fathers and sons become "Big" and "Little", so our compromise would be that our son go by "Robbie". Robert is my grandfathers name. My Pick: Sean Robert Girl: FI doesnt really have an opinion on a girl, I have always liked Abbie, middle name would be Bertina after my grandmother.
    Posted by carpediem27[/QUOTE]

omg this is so funny my fathers name is kenneth and my brother is a kenneth junior. they also share the same middle name. I advise people NOt to have your children have the same FIRST and MIDDLE name. It has been a horror show for my brother and dad.

but when i was younger, and my brother lived at home and people would call and ask for ken. I'd say "big or little" and theyd always be liek "HUH" and I would say "big or little kenny?!" It was probably especially embarssing for my dad when collegues called and they were liek "hey big ken!"

anyway- other than that its been a nightmare. Just last week my dad got pulled over for speeding (eekk) the officer wrote up the tickets and when my dad looked at it after he realized it had my Brothers registration # and name on it and his address not my dads! It was a huige problem becuse my dad has a company car. If his company ever thought my dad was letting people drive the company car he could lose it.

Also, my brother wasn't the best money manager in college-he basically opened a ton of credit cards and the bills would always come to my parents house. So my brother got caught! When my parents went to buy a vacation home they were checking their credit and all my brothers stuff was under my dad's credit

so i would Err on the side of changing the middle name.
    even though my Brother is legally a JR. he never uses it adn its caused a lot of aggravation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_baby-names-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7d25e46c-e664-4179-b281-f9afe18b45c4Post:f40f6b62-8c04-4cf3-97ed-cce739d37148">Re: Baby Names - Random, I know</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boys:        Noah James= after one date we both had a dream I was pregnant with twin boys and this was one of the names of our twins        Roman Alexander, William Henry, Tristan Michael, Girls:       Ophelia Marie, Evangeline Rose (Evie for short), Emerson Shea, Scarlett Anne, Jocelyn Isolde Can anyone tell I'm a history major? :) We want 4-6 kids so we have lots of names to choose from when the time is right.
    Posted by MzCurnett8886[/QUOTE]

YAY! Another Evie. I love Evie. My grandmothers name is Evelyn and she was one of my bset friends when I was growing up so I love that name! (or nickname)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_baby-names-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7d25e46c-e664-4179-b281-f9afe18b45c4Post:10ecf9b3-14e4-448f-8a80-c4936b96283d">Re: Baby Names - Random, I know</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby Names - Random, I know : Yay! Vanessa's my name!!! :) And yes, everyone calls me Nessa LOL or Nes I love Victoria too but my niece already has that name & we call her Tori - I love that! 
    Posted by nessaalwayz[/QUOTE]

I don't know if anyone would remember this show. But broooke shields had a show on a couple years ago called Lipstick Jungle. I thought it was really cute, but it got cancelled.
    Anyway- one of the girls on it was named "victory" and i remember thinking that was cute but could totally get made fun of.
    So  i really liked victoria as an option!

Also- there was a woman on there (Kim Ravener who is now on greys) and her name was Nico. Another name I loved! But I really like it for a boy.
    Nico Jarvis!

Ps. I am totally thread jacking this thread, beacuse I Love it!
  • Options
    I get baby fever on and off, but am pretty set in waitin at least a couple years before we start trying.  I work in Labor & Delivery so it gets me thinking a lot (both good and bad!). 

Some day though... I've always loved the name Elise.  That's what my mom wanted to name me, but my dad wasn't a fan.  Not as set on boy names though? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2012-weddings_baby-names-random?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1fb748ee-7a4e-40eb-b4b4-e553486f4cacDiscussion:7d25e46c-e664-4179-b281-f9afe18b45c4Post:b1adc557-e6cb-4f56-b04e-074b12a11f15">Re: Baby Names - Random, I know</a>:
    [QUOTE]Fi and I sometimes think about this but we have the hardest time finding some we like. For Boys, we do know that we like Anthony Jarvis. (Jarivs is fis middle name and his grandmfathers anthony is my grandfathers) For Girls- i like  Evie, and Sloane but sloane didint go over well with FI. And Adrianne I also like names with V;s (no idea why) Victoria, Valerie, and Vanessa (but i'd want to call her Nessa) I don't LOVE children and fiance does so we always said we'd have one. I am really praying that"one" is a girl, so is my fiance!!
    Posted by i2012do[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yay! Vanessa's my name!!! :) And yes, everyone calls me Nessa LOL or Nes I love Victoria too but my niece already has that name & we call her Tori - I love that! 

</div>
    ---------- imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards