Snarky Brides

Early Evening Thread

Evening everyone!  What's everyone up to?

I am severely procrastinating getting some wedding stuff done.  It's a perfect evening to do some stuff but my motivation is a negative 10. Gah.

I am looking forward to the sweet corn we're having with dinner though. We had some on Sunday too and it was DELISH!

Re: Early Evening Thread

• Evening.  I just got finished planting the garden and im glad its finally done.

So now im playing poker waiting for H to finish laying multch so we can decide on dinner.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I'm making up the filling for some stuffed peppers, playing silly online games, pinning, and watching Star Trek.  Mr. Data has the bridge.  Just the way i like it.
  • Good afternoon.  :) 

I'm just waiting for my boss to get his notes back to me on status report. 

You're getting really close Chels!  And I love sweet corn.  Grill it up with a little garlic butter and I'm in heaven. 

• I planted sweet corn this year.  Im gonna see how it goes, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Also, I visited my doctor today and she wanted to take pictures of my hives because they're "the nastiest and yet awesomest I've ever seen".  I kinda hoped to only ever get into a journal of medicine for publishing something great, not as a test case.. but oh well.  ;)

So I'm officially, officially on the gluten free train instead of just mostly being gluten free until there is a food i spot that I cannot resist.  Like cake.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Evening/afternoon. I'm at work for another 45 minutes answering phones. 

I have no idea what I'm cooking for dinner but I sure hope I have two cans of tomato sauce so I can make a nice tomato/cream sauce.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I need to go make dinner soon and then go water my garden. Im sick of watering it every freaking day, but we havnt gotten any rain in longer than I can remember so I have to. Also, im sorta peeved my potted tomatoes are nearly doubled in height since last friday compared to my garden box tomatoes. I think because I used some potting soil for the pots and did not for the boxes cause there was already a shitton of dirt there. I might need to feed them.
  • Nebb can you get a sprinkler that you can just turn on and off?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    Eh I could, but my boxes are nearly 2 feet high, and I worry that if I used a sprinkler, it would miss spots. Id rather do it by hand with a sprayer if I have to do it so I can make sure everything is getting watered evenly. I also hate farting around with positioning sprinklers.
  • Oh Anna, those are really not words I'd ever care to hear from my doctor.  :( 
  • I'm still at work.  I'll be here for another 45 minutes and then I have a board meeting.  Last week it went until 11 so I'm hoping it's not the same this week.

Chels-  The title of your thread in E about calling off the wedding scared me for you until I opened it.
    imageVacation
  • Hola. I'm here for a minute before running to pick up dinner (Vietnamese! nom nom) and a bottle of wine. After today, I'm considering a half glass. mmm.

We got some serious storms through here the last day or so- apparently some areas got 5 inches of rain.  The good part is that it really cooled off so all the windows are open again.  A/C will be installed next Thursday I think. woohoo!

Chels, sweet corn sounds fantastic.  Maybe I'll try and get some for grilling this weekend.
  • FI is golfing and I am procrastinating on doing anything productive. Like packing. He's not done either which is why I think I'm procrastinating (I'm just going to have to wait for him anyway). I bet we don't get on the road until 9 which means we won't get to his parents until 1:00 AM. Yuck.

I wish it was okay to write Thank You cards like this because this is what I am thinking:

"Thank you for the seriously awesome wedding/shower gift. I'm really sorry it was so obnoxiously priced. I sincerely hope you had signficant coupons. I swear the quality is amazing. Thanks for caring about us enough to buy us something that seems so overly priced especially in this time of economic hardship. I now wish I would have budgeted for cuter thank you notes. Love you!"
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_early-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:72416301-637a-4fc1-a86b-8b4523c7adb5Post:d9a89bac-0450-4b25-a251-dcf17bda804f">Re: Early Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still at work.  I'll be here for another 45 minutes and then I have a board meeting.  Last week it went until 11 so I'm hoping it's not the same this week. <strong>Chels-  The title of your thread in E about calling off the wedding scared me for you until I opened it.</strong>
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Yeah I shoulda worded that differently lol.
    No worries! FI and I are still going strong! :)
  • Nebb, what about drip irrigation? That way you could position it to hit the right spots and put it on a timer.

I'm waiting for dinner to be ready (beefy vegetable soup) and reading. I want to watch a movie tonight (just got "This Means War") so that will probaby be my after-dinner event. Because watching movies is always an event.
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    If I decide to get my asssss in gear and have time I'll post my cajun corn on the cob recipe. Once you try it you'll never go back. Seriously.

Has anyone ever tried a corn on the cob recipe that uses mayo instead of butter?

ETA: The recipe I was referring to does not, FYI.
    June 16, 2012
  • Corn and mayo? That does not sound good at all.
  • What on earth was the gift capone? 

Sesh, LOVED that movie. 
  • I would rather eat a bag of dog shiiiit than eat mayo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good evening!

So, Anna, remember about  week ago, my H was making bacon and it was making me nauseous? You alluded to the fact that I might be pregnant?

Well, you were right!

I just found out yesterday. I'm terrified, and still trying to get myself and H used to the idea, but yeah. I'm just over 6 weeks.

Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Im having an impromtu BBQ on Saturday but H isnt going to be here because he has to go to work super early and im trying to figure out what to make.  I suck on the grill, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Sewf, congratulations! How very exciting.
  • Congratulations SEWF!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_early-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:72416301-637a-4fc1-a86b-8b4523c7adb5Post:1694155e-9fe5-43de-ad4e-727d043329c6">Re: Early Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would rather eat a bag of dog shiiiit than eat mayo
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
    imageVacation
  • Congrats SEWF!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_early-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:72416301-637a-4fc1-a86b-8b4523c7adb5Post:4622ce47-93d2-4bdc-837a-710ed5ec06fe">Re: Early Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good evening! So, Anna, remember about  week ago, my H was making bacon and it was making me nauseous? You alluded to the fact that I might be pregnant? Well, you were right! I just found out yesterday. I'm terrified, and still trying to get myself and H used to the idea, but yeah. I'm just over 6 weeks.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>OMG Congrats!</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    SEWF!!! Congratulations lady.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_early-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:72416301-637a-4fc1-a86b-8b4523c7adb5Post:d9957b1a-1864-4e86-a8be-246fd7fccdfc">Re: Early Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im having an impromtu BBQ on Saturday but H isnt going to be here because he has to go to work super early and im trying to figure out what to make.  I suck on the grill, lol.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Corn! Kabobs! Veggies! </div><div>
    </div><div>I am getting so annoyed that we have no room for a grill in our carport and no patio. I've realized that I suck at cooking without a grill.

</div>
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_early-evening-thread-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:72416301-637a-4fc1-a86b-8b4523c7adb5Post:d9957b1a-1864-4e86-a8be-246fd7fccdfc">Re: Early Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im having an impromtu BBQ on Saturday but H isnt going to be here because he has to go to work super early and im trying to figure out what to make.  I suck on the grill, lol.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, BBQ chicken! And ribs! Shrimp skewers! (Wow, you can see the KC in me coming out talking about BBQ.)</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards