Missouri-Kansas City

Cake Topper

So, I did not expect this at all, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out something for our cake topper! Here's the deal:

I don't want a monogram, but I don't want something over-the-top cheesy. Our dorky nicknames from friends are Claire Bear and GareBear (Garrett), so I tried looking up cute bear toppers. The only ones I found on Etsy were 1) only 2.5 inches tall, 2) ship from the Netherlands, and 3) are way too expensive!

I had another idea of just a bride and a groom wearing hard hats because of our jobs, but I'm not having much luck finding anything that isn't completely "custom" made (and $200+).

Any help? If I don't find anything soon, I'll definitely settle on something. I know it's not the most important thing, but I'm mostly surprised that it has been this difficult (although, finding silver pens that had a tip fine enough for writing was surprisingly difficult, also). Any help/advice is appreciated!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Topper

• edited December 2011
    David's Bridal has some cute ones. Did you check there?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • edited December 2011
    Could your baker make the cake toppers you like out of fondant or molding chocolate?
    Not sure how much that would cost...but worth a shot at looking.
    Buying A Home
  • teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the cake toppers shown in "Wedding Star" magazine. They have everything from a cowgirl and city slicker under an umbrella, to a couch potato groom and shopping bride. HTH!
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was originally going to use a Swarovski Heart topper that I had.  It was gorgeous, but it didn't really go with my wedding anymore so I sold it.  Here are some that I love that are simple, yet would make any cake look elegant.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice. I will check it all out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpabda23kpabda23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kikuike on etsy has really cute little animal toppers - including bears - starting at $65. We're getting ours from them and it's a $50 deposit with the balance due after you approve the design (they make it then send pictures of your topper for approval). Super cute, if pricier than the standard toppers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards