Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Centerpiece Ideas

So we've been to a few New England weddings at this point, and all of them have had the hurricane lantern covers with a candle surrounded by sand and shells inside.  While I love this idea, I want to do something just a little different, and don't want to do just our flowers (hydrangeas).  Our colors are navy blue and teal.  Any ideas?
Thanks!!!
Anniversary

Re: Centerpiece Ideas

• Options
    clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a mix of two centerpieces! The first is fishbowls with sea glass at the bottom with a candle in the middle with starfish inside with two small lighthouses on either side with votives inside of those. The other is a tall aqua or pink bottle with beach grass coming out of the top and on the side of those we are having two small lanterns with votives inside. It's a bit traditional with a little spin of our own ideas as well. I have also seen brides do a tin bucket filled with beach grass with small tealights around it. Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I hope it helps!
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love love love those ideas!  Thank you!!!

Keep them coming ladies!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    clage22clage22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI--I got the bottles, the lighthouses, and the lanterns all at the Christmas Tree Shops for 1.99 each! The fishbowls I bought from a previous bride and would be willing to sell them after my July 30th wedding. I'm not sure when your wedding is?
  • Options
    par31par31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing something similiar using a layer of sand, beach glass a starfish and smaller shells surronding the candle. This will be on a a small round mirror with seashells and beach glass on top of the mirror.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards