Michigan-Detroit

TMI Tuesday

Did you (or do you plan to) purposely stop having sex before the wedding?  If so, why and for how long?

Re: TMI Tuesday

• We're not.  I understand why some people do but it wasn't something that we wanted to do.
  • Well, it wasn't "for the wedding" but we stopped about 2 years ago. We made the choice after returning to our relationship with God, and feeling that it was the right decision for us. (I would never claim to be a "born again virgin" though, I don't get that) but I can say that we haven't regretted the decision once!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • bailey, you have one month and 2 weeks!!! We haven't really has that talk, but I am sure it's not something we are going to do. I do not think doing it makes it any more special on the wedding night. I remember a post on being so tired on your wedding night that some people just go to bed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tmi-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:463883ef-8855-4784-8a27-1274d1ac7b5aPost:fb189ec3-6a7f-41b9-aafa-6fc8b57de6df">Re: TMI Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>bailey, you have one month and 2 weeks!!</strong>! We haven't really has that talk, but I am sure it's not something we are going to do. I do not think doing it makes it any more special on the wedding night. I remember a post on being so tired on your wedding night that some people just go to bed.
    Posted by brandym22[/QUOTE]
    IKR!? Can't wait!!!!!!!!<div>
    </div><div>and I have heard the same thing about being too tired...I am terrified this will happen to us LOL</div>
  • Nope, we have no plans to stop before the wedding.  I can understand why people do, but just not for us.
  • hells to the no. What's the point?
  • I know a lot of people do stop, but I personally do not understand it at all.

I'm not stopping!
    June 16, 2012
  • I'm with Bailey on this one - we actually stopped a little under 3 years ago (celebrating our 5 year anniversary in February). We actually just kind of started tallking about it one day and realized that we had both planned on waiting until we were married to have sex, but when we met each other we didn't really talk about it too much before jumping into it. So for that reason, as well as religious reasons, we decided to stop and wait until after we were married.

We haven't regretted it since then, but I do think it makes it a lot more difficult to not have sex with each other once you have! Needless to say, we are counting down the days!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We don't plan to stop.  I don't really see the point!!  What happens, happens!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_tmi-tuesday-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:463883ef-8855-4784-8a27-1274d1ac7b5aPost:e33077bc-abeb-4914-827c-a9c5b05dc732">Re: TMI Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm with Bailey on this one - we actually stopped a little under 3 years ago (celebrating our 5 year anniversary in February). We actually just kind of started tallking about it one day and realized that we had both planned on waiting until we were married to have sex, but when we met each other we didn't really talk about it too much before jumping into it. So for that reason, as well as religious reasons, we decided to stop and wait until after we were married. We haven't regretted it since then, but I do think it makes it a lot more difficult to not have sex with each other once you have! Needless to say, we are counting down the days!
    Posted by lauraprevost[/QUOTE]
    <div>This sounds sooooo much like us! ha ha. Glad I'm not the only one!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards