Michigan-Grand Rapids

Deciding on a veil

I'm so torn between a cage veil and a long cathedral length one.  Would it be weird to do both?  I was thinking of wearing the long veil for the ceremony and a few romantic pictures, and then swtiching to the cage veil for the reception.  What do you think?

Re: Deciding on a veil

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your plan of doing both, and switching to the cage for the reception would be great!  I have seen a ton of girls do that!! 

However, it also depends on your dress...if you could post a pic of it, we could offer opinions about whether both would go well with it, or which one you should pick.
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• aug2010wedaug2010wed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I don't have a pic of my dress handy, but it's satin strapless, mermaid shape with lots of fabric folds on the bottom.  I think they'll both go, which is why I'm so stuck!  I'm doing both, officially :)
  • AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hm, I still want to see dress pics!

FWIW, I originally wanted a cathedral for mine, but thought it would be silly since I was having such a small guest list. But I would totally have done it.  I took my bird cage veil off for the reception.  It was very annoying day of.
  • 1xBitten2xshy1xBitten2xshy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having cathedral for mine.  I love the idea of both for you.  The dress will go with both, and you can have your personality shine through each one!

Rhonda
  • edited December 2011
    DO both!  I almost did!  If my budget allows I might get a cathedral veil just for pics!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards