Rhode Island

Bridal Shower Suggestions?

I posted this yesterday but for some reason I cannot see anyone's reply! So I am starting to plan my shower with the Mom's and we are settled on August and water. Any good suggestions? We are going to check out Twenty Water Street in East Greenwich and a few other venues around there. I also heard Quidenesset does a nice shower as well as Kirkbrea? I'm confused this is just as hard as choosing the venue! Any advice would be great thank you so much ladies!

Re: Bridal Shower Suggestions?

• I am having my shower at Kirkbrae next weekend so I'll let you know how it is, but we did a plated lunch for 65 people.  We have the big ballroom and although I wasn't able to go and look at it, I was told it came out to about $19/pp and they got drinks as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sounds great!! I am hoping to have a brunch so I will def price there and I have about 50-60 people as well! Have a great shower can't wait to hear about it!
  • Chelo's on the waterfront has a private room I think.  Crystal Lake Golf Club is also very nice for a shower if you are considering up by Kirkbrae you might as well look there. 
  • That sounds great!! I am hoping to have a brunch so I will def price there and I have about 50-60 people as well! Have a great shower can't wait to hear about it!
  • You could check out the Newport Harbor Hotel in Newport - right on the harbor. Or The Mooring, 22 Bowen's, The Hyatt on Goat Island, or Castle Hill Inn. All are right on the water and I've given you a spread of price ranges, too. Not sure your budget. One thing to consider though with Newport in the summer is parking (or lack there of). The Hyatt and Castle Hill would have free parking I believe, while the others would have pay parking I think.
    There's also a beach house in Narragansett that's owned by the town I believe that's really reasonably priced, but you have to use a caterer.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • I am having my shower at Kirkbrae but I have much fewer people (45) so we are having it in their smaller room off of the main dining room. their is access t teh deck and its decorated really cute and bright.
    We wanted a place close to home, and I literally live 5 minutes away so that worked for us!

I would check out Crystal lake if you want something near the water- though unless you ahve a lot of guests you won't be in teh back room with the water view- you'd be in the front room with a view of the parking lot.
    I have heard its really affordable though.

I know I have said this before, But i really love hte waterman grille for small parties and showers and there is a bit of a water view (though not a beautiful ocean view)
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards