Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Out of Town Shower Hosting

I am living far away from my hometown, where I will be getting married. My sister and MOH lives far away, with me. The rest of our family (a VERY large family--aunts, cousins, etc) ALL of them, live in my hometown. My bridesmaids are not in my hometown either.

My sister/MOH has offered to organize a bridal shower involving my friends where we live, but may or may not be able to travel back for shower before the wedding due to work. 

If no one in my hometown offers, do I ask someone to host? IS that appropriate? It has been tradition for all my cousins who recently got married to have a family bridal shower, but I'm not sure who to ask or how to find a host....maybe no one has offered because I'm the lame duck who lives so far away and they don't know about my plans. 

Any ideas?

Re: Out of Town Shower Hosting

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    No, you do not ask anyone to host. If someone wants to throw you a shower, they will. Asking is like saying, "Hey!  Isn't anybody going to throw me a big fat gift giving event?!" I'm sure you don't want that!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thank you. That's what I thought. My mother keeps bringing up a shower and I'm like, who's throwing it if it isn't you?!?

I guess I'll keep to the one where I live. The out of town business can be really tricky...

• Options
    Thank you. That's what I thought. My mother keeps bringing up a shower and I'm like, who's throwing it if it isn't you?!?

I guess I'll keep to the one where I live. The out of town business can be really tricky...

• Options
    Maybe no one has offered yet because your wedding isn't until September. Showers usually take place within a few months of the wedding.

• Options
    RE: MairePoppy, Yes, that's true. A shower where the wedding is would require me to find coverage at work and fly home, so I guess I'm thinking further ahead than everyone else. I'm trying to plan for all the stuff I have to do and I don't have money to fly back and forth a lot.
  • Options
    RE: MairePoppy, Yes, that's true. A shower where the wedding is would require me to find coverage at work and fly home, so I guess I'm thinking further ahead than everyone else. I'm trying to plan for all the stuff I have to do and I don't have money to fly back and forth a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards