Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Travel Agents

I am looking for recs for travel agents in the Cincinnati Area...or other areas I guess....to plan our honeymoon. I have never worked with one before and am not really sure how they work. Do they charge you for planning? If so what is the cost? Am I better off just working through Hotwire, Priceline, ect. to find a good deal on trips? I need ADVICE! 

Thanks ladies. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Travel Agents

• Options
    Travel Agents do not charge you anything. They get paid thru the resorts that they book their clients at. For my honeymoon, I used a travel agent that I found online that works out of Colorado. We worked solely thru email and a few phone conversations. She did a wonderful job! IMO it was nice to work with a travel agent b/c they can offer personal experience and advice that you wont get doing your own plans thru Travelocity, Expedia, etc.

Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I worked with Cruise One, in particular Maureen Walsh and she is great and very easy to work with! There was no added expense working with a travel agent. I think it's less hassle because they handle booking your rooms/resort and flights. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Travel House
    ask for Ginny Bucher
  • Options
    We booked through Victoria Travel in Hyde Park and they did an awesome job. If you don't know exactly where you want to go but have a budget in mind I think you should definitely use a travel agent. They get special discounts and got us a way better deal than we would've gotten online. If however you want a specific resort it is usually better to go through priceline or something similar. Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards