Maine

favor ideas

To get the board going a bit...

What is everyone doing for favors, or thinking about doing?

Re: favor ideas

• edited December 2011
    We are having minature whoopie pies made by Betty Reez in Freeport.  She was at the Portland Bridal show recently and they tasted so yummy and its a Maine food.  We thought it would be a great idea and it doesn't cost an arm and leg for 130 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing flip flops for the girls (I got them at Old Navy when I had a 20% off coupon) and then we also want to do an edible favor but haven't decided what that will be yet.
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing something simple. I wanted to make these cookies that I make a lot and everyone loves, but FI convinced me that baking 100+ the day before the wedding was probably a bad idea, lol.

Instead, I think I'm going to buy some of those Cadbury mini eggs they have out for Easter and wrap a few up per person in a little white tulle. The eggs will go along with the bird motif we've got going on, and I'm hoping they will be on sale once Easter is over!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    FI wants to make some sort of candy, but he hasn't started trying yet, so we'll see!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I love cadbury eggs! great idea!
  • edited December 2011
    We're having our wedding at a summer camp, so we're doing little s'mores kits wrapped in sealed cellophane with a ribbon. The kits will consist of a couple of graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate pieces. We will put them together a couple of days before the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing chocolate dipped oreos we did a trial run on Sunday & I cant wait to see how they held up & how they taste this weekend.

Be careful with the cadbury eggs though, they've already sold out of them at 2 stores near me. I tried to get some for easter & I had a hard time finding them so they may not be around for the clearance sale.
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my fiance is a huge red sox fan and loves baseball in general so we are going to have a hint of baseball in our wedding. We havnt ordered anything but done some research and we are pretty set on splurging on basebals that have our wedding date on them, and then we will 'sign' our names on the baseball with a sharpie. It will cost about 300 dollars. We love the idea but like i said we havent ordered anthing so we will see.
  • edited December 2011
    lashley -- love it!

Mainemommy, I've been keeping my eye on the candy at Hannaford to see if it's still there. I feel like I'm being a little risky waiting until after Easter though! But apparently you can buy them in bulk, so if they sell out around here, I'll just order. Which probably won't save me any money than if I bought them now! I love these little games I play just to save a couple bucks, haha!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are hoping to make something like this:

I found these on etsy and want to make them for half the cost, but we will see.
  • mainemommymainemommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great now youve told me I can buy them in bulk. Im in trouble. Smile
  • edited December 2011
    mlhw -- Is that birdseed? So cute! I bet you can make those.

mainemommy -- Ugh, I know what you mean! Must...resist...Cadbury...egg!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Min min yes they are birdseed.  I found a couple of ways to make them online.  We are going yo try it out in August and go from there. 
  • eshevenelleshevenell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of Maine Chocolate covered blueberries.  We may not do it, but it's very Maine and very yummy!
  • kcole5244kcole5244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i LOVELOVELOVE the smores kit !!

I work at a restaurant and one of the chefs had agreed to make us homemade apple butter from her parents' apple trees! :] another co-worker told us she'd help decorate the jars!
  • hannahrhhannahrh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We using a suggestion from a friend, we are donating to the St. Jude's hospital in our guest's honor.  The guests will get a scroll, check it out!

http://stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=6aac6f9523e70110VgnVCM1000001e0215acRCRD&vgnextchannel=f27a7ff0be118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD
    Life's a beach!
  • mikell22mikell22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a place card holder that doubles as a keepsake picture frame, got them from Kate Aspen, they are beautiful and about $2 each.  We are also doing a candy buffet with beautiful favor boxes and handmade fabric favor bags for guests to fill up with candy to take with them!!!  And for the kids mini glass candy jars to fill!!
  • jena.n.rossjena.n.ross member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My plan is to set up a photobooth.  I'm having my younger brother (19) pick a couple of friends (so my guests get to enjoy the wedding) and teach them to use the camera and printers.  I'm going to pick up props.  The printer prints two identical strips on one 4x6" print.  We'll have them put one side in a guest book with notes, and they can mount the other on magnets to take home.  

We're still working out the details (what we want for a booth, we also found a really cool "wall" with wallpaper and frames) and how to set the magnets up (we want them to have the date already on them).  I'll hit up the DIY board ladies sometime this summer, they always have good ideas.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards