Maine

What are you ladies up to today?

I have the day off today and I was able to finish making the corsages and the pamanders for the wedding.  I had made some already but needed to finish up the rest.  I also got my samples from paperandmore.com and did a mock up of the invites.

Other than that I played outside with the pup and am now waiting for FI to get home and have dinner and watch the finale of glee tonight!

What have you ladies been up to? WR or NWR?

Re: What are you ladies up to today?

• edited December 2011
    Sounds like you've had a productive day!

I'm at work, although I got admitted to the bar today!  It looks like it might have stopped raining, so I'll go home and take the dog for a nice walk (not that I wouldn't walk her in the rain, I would just be much more grouchy about it). 
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been at work since 7:00 this morning.  I have to be here for the National Junior Honor Society induction ceremony that starts in an hour...then I can go home!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Let's see...today I did a cardio kickboxing class at 6am this morning, worked until 5:30, went for a golf lesson, ate dinner then went and bought flowers with FI.  I just finished packing my gym bag for the morning and am pooped!  No wedding stuff done today, but it's been a productive week.  I've ordered a bunch of wedding-related items and our invitations are about 85% done.  BTW, they have really cute $0.64 stamps that are white wedding cakes.  I ordered them online and it was $1 extra for them to be shipped to me.  Well worth it!
    Married 9.4.11
  • britthall06britthall06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got started on spring cleaning before work. Tomorrow's my day off and I plan on doing a lot of cleaning out, corralling and organizing! We're prepping for a yard sale, which is prep for a home appraisal, which is prep for refinancing. Fingers crossed for enough equity to fund major home renovations, something we thought would be years away! I'd love to put it off until after the wedding, but it's something FI really wants to take care of before kids. I'm already impatient when it comes to babies so I decided the faster we get things rolling the better!
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JessicaBessica - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! That's huge!! How was the swearing in ceremony? 

Today I was QUITE productive: I finished the favors that i shared earlier, I met with my venue, florist, DJ, and priest. I also went shopping to look for a necklace for my mother. I picked up some stuff to make my toasting flutes from Michael's, then picked up swatches from David's Bridal to pass out to vendors so they can match the color. I'm exhausted. I'm going to do the toasting flutes before I got to bed (well start them) because they take days to cure the paint. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm well today my Fi and I went to burlington coat factory and got his suit for the wedding (our wedding is classy casual and wanted suits rather than tuxes), i found wicked cute earings there for my bridesmaids (3 dollars each yayy) , then we went to to freeport spent too much money on clothes and things, oh got my moh a coach clutch for 40 bucks, then we grabbed takeout from our favorite thai restaurant. laundry and relaxing
  • edited December 2011
    Well the past couple of days have been very fun!!  Sunday we got 2 more kittens (3 cats total now) and they're only 8 weeks so we've had our hands full :):):)  I've started the puzzle some people call a seating chart. I've worked 22 hours or so in the past 2 days, tried sleeping & eating when I have time.  I'm spending some QT with my MOH this evening & doing some music choices & going for another measurement.  I FINALLY FOUND SHOES!  The heal is a littttttle higher than I wanted but oh well they're fun.  So I can actually have my seamstress do my hem now.  I need to finalize the guest list by this weekend.. rahh I wish people made my life easy.  My other hopes for this week/weekend are to purchase the doll for my flower girl so I can have the matching dress made, figure out the final costs of things and start paying off vendors.  Schedule a hair trial in the next week or so, get a teeth bleaching kit, print off our mad libs, begin laying out our OOT bags & filling them, call the bay lines to let them know of the large party that will be going over that day, start purchasing tickets for some people, and I'm sure several other things while I prepare to take my vacation in 2 weeeeksss!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you girls all have a lot going on and are getting a lot accomplished.  It's crazy that some of you are getting married in just a couple of weeks!  You'll have to post pics of all of your projects.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, plato!  The ceremony was nice, although I was the only one in my courthouse's ceremony.  When I was admitted in CT, I didn't go to the official ceremony, just to court on one day and got sworn in before anything else got called, so it was nice to have a little bit bigger fuss this time around :)
  • hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is SO gorgeous out today!  Our band director needed help last period with marching practice (they haven't been outside yet and the parade is on Monday), so I got to go for a walk with the band while they practiced marching.  It was a nice break from being stuck in my classroom all day!

Now if I could just get something real accomplished!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards