North Carolina-Outer Banks

Here Comes the Sun

Hi all,
I absolutely love all the helpful hints I have read while "lurking" for the past few weeks! We are getting married on November 9th in Hatteras a beach rental, Here Comes The Sun. Since it is a small wedding and my fiancé is a chef, we are doing all of the cooking and two of our friends are bartending. Has anyone hired an outside server or bartender to work your small receptions? I would love to find someone to help with clearing and refilling wine, etc. Also, has anyone used this house? Just curious about what the stocked items like plates and glasses are like. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Re: Here Comes the Sun

• Congrats and welcome!!

I think one of our Knotties has used this house.....I'm sure she will be popping in at some point to help you out :)

• Hi there and welcome to the board!  I got married at Here Comes the Sun in September 2010.  We had about 45 guests and did the ceremony on the beach and had the reception in the great room of the house.  We had family friends cater for us and it worked out perfect.  We didn't hire servers or bartenders to help out beyond that.  For the bar area, which we set up downstairs in the other kitchen because we had a frozen drink machine, we just set that up fully stocked for people to make their own drinks.  We did put some sodas and waters upstairs as well for the elderly and non-drinkers. 

If I remember correctly the kitchen was pretty well stocked.  Two appliances also helped a lot during set up and break down of the wedding. 

When I used this house it was through Hatteras Realty, but recently it switched to Outer Beaches and it looks like from the pictures that it got a lovely makeover.  I'm sure you will be very happy :)  I have some pics in my siggy, but if you want to see more I have 3 wedding albums on facebook, my email is lauraclawson18@gmail.com if you have any questions or want to friend request me.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • JkbncJkbnc member
    First Comment
    Wow! It looks like your wedding was so fun! I would love to see your wedding pics, so I might just friend you tonight :). Thanks for sharing... I am happy to see you put lights up around the pool, I was thinking of doing the same!
  • It was so much fun!  The lights worked out really well.  We put them around the pool and up on the decks of the house.  We left them up and on the whole week.
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • Lights definitely add a nice touch.  We debated on getting lights to put around the deck area at our reception but initially decided to skip it to save money.  My uncle thought it would be a nice  so he decided to get lights for us.  I have them for sale if you are interested, we were just married in Corolla on 5/25/12.  I have 12 strands of 100 lights and they are listed here: http://brandyandstephensweddingsale.weebly.com/.
    May 25, 2012
  • JkbncJkbnc member
    First Comment
    Oh wow the house looked great! I think we have some lined up but if they don't work out I will definitely check back with you! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards