New York-Western

Roger Robach Community Center?

has anyone had their reception here?  My son would like to get married there next August, but would love to talk with someone who's had their reception there about decorating ideas for the room (and also caterers!) many thanks, MOG

Re: Roger Robach Community Center?

• edited December 2011
    Hi... I might have my wedding there next May.  I would love to talk to someone that is getting married before me.. and maybe buying there decoratios from them. 
    MOG- have you looked at it?  It is right on the beach, which is awesome.  You need to book it in advance.. they fill up quick.  As far as a catering, I would definately use Ciao Baby.  It is on River St. right down the road from the center.. I stopped by and picked up the catering menu.  It is very reasonable and great food choices.  Another suggestion.. stop by there sometime on a Saturday. (early) And peek in while others are decorating.. it will give you some ideas.  That is what I did.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi VeryExcited, nice to hear from you.  I HAVE looked at it...we LOVE it, but yes, having to reserve it online is very nervewracking.  guess I'll have to do a bit of discreet crashing to see what others are doing for decorations.  thanks so much for the caterer suggestion.  I'd like to keep in touch also.  feel free to email me personally at ssweet@monroecc.edu. thanks (MOG - Mother of the Groom!)
  • edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner there. The room is nice but plain for sure. It can definitely be made up to be beautiful! We had to set it up and tear it down, so you may want to keep that in mind. We had our rehearsal in August and it was a perfect day. There is a great breeze that goes through there. Wish I could help more with caterer (we have dino BBQ do it) or decorations, but we loved the space!
    Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_roger-robach-community-center?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:068519ad-948e-405f-b586-a6ddaf570d4fPost:b69a5b34-8d77-4687-83e6-70a12b99fcd8">Re: Roger Robach Community Center?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi VeryExcited, nice to hear from you.  I HAVE looked at it...we LOVE it, but yes, having to reserve it online is very nervewracking.  guess I'll have to do a bit of discreet crashing to see what others are doing for decorations.  thanks so much for the caterer suggestion.  I'd like to keep in touch also.  feel free to email me personally at ssweet@monroecc.edu. thanks (MOG - Mother of the Groom!)
    Posted by sherrysour[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>How did you get to see the beach house?  Is there a # to call?  I can't seem to find a link that gives me any specific info.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards