Snarky Brides

Happy Tuesday ladies!

Only a few more days left of the week :)  What's everyone up to today?  Dinner plans?  How was your night last night?

FI and I have our last dance lesson tonight, so I'm really excited.  Hoping to run 3.5 miles after work, and then just chill out with a scary movie after the lesson.  Probably having leftover roast for dinner!
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Happy Tuesday ladies!

• Aloisk, You are a better person than me! I couldn't run 3.5 miles in my dreams. 

Edie, I feel like I have seen you say you needed to do laundry since this weekend. You sound like me, except I wash it, and then i am too lazy to fold it lol. I have 3 baskets of laundry I need to fold currently :/

Last night was uneventful. I am looking forward to tomorrow night, I play in the local orchestra and we have rehearsal on the stage!  Then Thursday I have kickball practice, woo. 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My laundry is sitting dry in the dryer in the basement since last night. Oops. 

My night was uneventful. I started making cute wooden things I found on pintrest for FI and I display our race bibs and medals on. I used left over deck wood and played with the circular saw. I should have primed the wood first though before I paint them, so I think I'm going to repaint them tonight. I am super uncrafty.

Today I have to go present to a couple of college classes. The professor is one of FI's fitness instructors that he oversees at work and she's batshit crazy so I'm not looking forward to four hours of her. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I sooo want to be a runner ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I keep trying to be a runner too but I suck at it. My mom and I ate currenty driving down to Florida to see my grandmother. She is 94 yrs old. Well my Mom is driving now since I am on the Internet on my phone
  • I started the C25K last spring, but it was still too early and the weather was too cold for poor little ole me - lol! I found that it did aggravate my knee condition, so I slacked off. I'm still not ready to call it quits yet. I just need more courage.

I'm supervising tests again this period. At least it's English, so that makes me feel better. yesterday one of the students looked at me after I explained something to him and said, "Miss, you should be a 'real' teacher." Yeah kid, I think so too ...

I should know by the end of this week if I got the other job. Longest week ever - waiting for word.

I'm thinking pizza for supper. Just because.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning ladies!  For those of you that want to start running, I did C25K inside on a treadmill first and then did the entire thing again outside.  Doing it on the treadmill helped lessen my chances of tendonitis (which I'm prone to) and really get me used to running.  I say that with the caveat that running indoors is nothing like running outdoors.  I can run for miles on a treadmill where my pace is set and can't change unless I push a button.  Outside you really have to work to maintain a pace and not slack off.  I say all of that as someone who has only been running since January so I am in no way an experienced runner, that is just how I did it.

Anyway!  I'm feeling much better today.  I don't know why.  I guess I just realized that I can't change what's going on so there's no point in dwelling on it and being unhappy.  Work will be work, and I know I will get my job done (it has to get done, there's no other option) so I need to quit stressing.  We have the money to pay for the surgery if it comes to it, things like this are the reason we've built up our savings account so much.  It just sucks using it.  I feel like a fat blob but at least I'm running and I have been doing an arm routine the last 4 weeks and I ready see a difference.  So this is me, putting a smile on and getting the fuuvck over it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:1bdf3e50-0991-4889-bf14-b1bce9714076Post:cecf6ac8-afdc-4ebe-a7cd-7f4c6d3eb0c0">Re: Happy Tuesday ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies!  For those of you that want to start running, I did C25K inside on a treadmill first and then did the entire thing again outside.  Doing it on the treadmill helped lessen my chances of tendonitis (which I'm prone to) and really get me used to running.  I say that with the caveat that running indoors is nothing like running outdoors.  I can run for miles on a treadmill where my pace is set and can't change unless I push a button.  Outside you really have to work to maintain a pace and not slack off.  I say all of that as someone who has only been running since January so I am in no way an experienced runner, that is just how I did it. Anyway!  I'm feeling much better today.  I don't know why.  I guess I just realized that I can't change what's going on so there's no point in dwelling on it and being unhappy.  Work will be work, and I know I will get my job done (it has to get done, there's no other option) so I need to quit stressing.  We have the money to pay for the surgery if it comes to it, things like this are the reason we've built up our savings account so much.  It just sucks using it.  I feel like a fat blob but at least I'm running and I have been doing an arm routine the last 4 weeks and I ready see a difference.  So this is me, putting a smile on and getting the fuuvck over it.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I agree that sometimes you just have to say Eff It and smile...sometimes the stuff that happens to us really sucks, but often we're in a better position than a lot of people - so it's good to be thankful :)

And I agree, running indoors is sooo different from running outdoors.  I can run outside for hours, I just zone out and take in everything around me while I run.  Indoors?  After 5 minutes I'm panting and dying and convinced that I've done a full marathon.  It's TORTURE for me.  On the other hand, I refuse to run in the winter, so it's either treadmill or fat pants.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I tend to run inside on a treadmill. It helps keep my shins from deciding to turn agaisnt me. I have horrible shin problem from when I was younger and refused to quit running despite being in agonizing pain all the time. Now as an adult it nearly kills me. Also, I'm a huge sissy about weather. 

Good luck with the Jenny!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Good morning!

Not much going on here.  Work is the suck; at least I'm having lunch with a long-time friend today.

Weekend plans are up in the air.  Friday's high will be 34*; low of 19*.  Typically we hike when it's cold, which is fine with me.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Busy, busy, busy!

Last night was chili for dinner and to bed early. Nothing much going on right now, just ready for this week to be over. Friday afternoon we meet with the first contractor for our master bath remodel, the second one comes next week. The third never followed up on their e-mail back to me, so thats an easy out for me, I wont deal with people I have to chase down to work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Jcb, I play the cello. I wish I could bring my pup to work, the day would be a lot less boring. 

I have tried running, inside, outside, after about a week I feel like my knees and shins are falling apart. My guess to what it feels like to would shin splints. Not comfortable. Most recently drs think I tore my meniscus, it seems to be doing better now though. 

Jenny, good luck with the job!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooh.  Master bath remodel sounds great, kd. 

I bought a new 6.5 quart Dutch oven (ceramic over cast iron) and I can't wait to use it.  I'm thinking chili this weekend.  Tramontina had a special offer at WalMart.com for $35 and I couldn't pass it up.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Les, I'm jealous!  I told H when MIL asks what I want for Christmas, to tell her I want a dutch oven.  I know she will be able to pick out a good one, way better than H could ha ha.

Kd, exciting about the remodel!  I just asked my uncle (who is a contractor) to come out and give us an estimate on our porch enclosure.  We are at the point where I don't even care if adds technical square footage I just need the space!.  What prompted the immediate need was our trying to figure out where we are going to put the Christmas tree this year, and still have a fully function dining room lol.  Amazing how something so ridiculous can spur home renovations ha ha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-tuesday-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:1bdf3e50-0991-4889-bf14-b1bce9714076Post:6a486a8f-9844-4e06-a124-75e6212bdd75">Re: Happy Tuesday ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Les, I'm jealous!  I told H when MIL asks what I want for Christmas, to tell her I want a dutch oven.  I know she will be able to pick out a good one, way better than H could ha ha. Kd, exciting about the remodel!  I just asked my uncle (who is a contractor) to come out and give us an estimate on our porch enclosure.  We are at the point where I don't even care if adds technical square footage I just need the space!.  What prompted the immediate need was our trying to figure out where we are going to put the Christmas tree this year, and still have a fully function dining room lol.  Amazing how something so ridiculous can spur home renovations ha ha.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I hear ya! I think we're hanging ours from the ceiling this year, the dog crate is in the tree spot. And we have no room. I really wonder why we bother considering we have no one coming over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2012
    We have to move our oversized living room chair so we can put our tree in our bay of picture windows, but we put the spin bike where we move the chair to, so no idea what the plan is. How do you hang a tree, if I might ask?
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for the positive vibes! Laughing

We won't be travelling this year, so we will have a tree. We didn't bother last year, simply because we drove for four of our ten days vacation, and it was too crazy. We're staying put this year, and I got my decorations out of storage this summer when we were home, so now I have no excuse! It will go in front of the lliving room window this year - but we're still short one chair in the living room, so no bets as to what next year will bring. I can only handle one holiday at a time!

I LOVE renos! Bathroom is on our list too, but we have to finish the garage first. I might start picking at it over the winter though, when it's too cold to be doing outdoor renos.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards