Snarky Brides

Evening thread

Re: Evening thread

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:4aaf0460-5dce-48f2-aaf0-3aecabf4136b">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : I've never seen it actually :ducks:
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm in this boat with ya.</div>
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    the weather outside is weather!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:26c620df-f3a3-4fd4-874a-f4e80d3a6013">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]the weather outside is weather!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

When life gives you lemons, just say f*ck the lemons and bail. Look, if you get attacked by a shark, are you gonna give up surfing?

Probably, yeah...
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • It's not a bad movie, just not as hilarious as I've heard it to be. I do have a dirty crush on Russell Brand though so that makes it a little better.

Also, I want to move to Hawaii. Never been there, but I think I'd feel at home there.
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:2d728aee-90a6-41ad-93e1-8c60b1d21363">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : When life gives you lemons, just say f*ck the lemons and bail. Look, if you get attacked by a shark, are you gonna give up surfing? Probably, yeah...
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]
    lol
  • NebbNebb member
    I wish I could live everywhere. I just want to live so many places and I dont think thats at all feasable.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:1d99e260-2199-4f4e-8541-33fbc17b3aed">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've also never seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

I haven't either.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:412252ca-1f48-4fde-b4d8-d6ad35389683">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I could live everywhere. I just want to live so many places and I dont think thats at all feasable.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Same here. That's one of the main reasons I joined the military. My first duty station out of boot camp was in Honolulu and it was awesome. I used to get to work in the morning and see the sun coming up and think "I can not believe I get to work here". I was only there just shy of two years, which wasn't nearly enough time, so I'm hoping that after VA we get to go back there.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • hello. I've tried watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall a few times, but always lost interest. meh.

We're watching the Twins game and I'm fighting to stay awake.  Even though I have to be up way too early tomorrow, I think 8pm is still too early for bed on a Friday. ;)
  • FB is forcing me to Timeline.  When I go to my profile it comes up as timeline and says it will go live for public viewing on May 4th.  FB can eat a big fat diick.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Hi!  
    Blue - sorry you're not feeling well.  I hope you feel better soon though.

I'm just relaxing tonight.  Trying to figure out what I want for dinner.  My apartment community is gated... if I order pizza delivery - how does a pizza delivery guy get in?  I don't have an intercom, or a gate buzzer or anything.  I'm confused.  I've never lived in a gated apartment before.  #firstworldproblem...
  • We saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall at the theater, friking hilarious!

I'm watching Coming to America waiting on H to finish cooking. Salmon and beets tonight.

Pup is asleep, for now!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Evening. I just got home from work not that long ago. I'm watching SYTTD: Bridesmaids and it makes me sooo happy my girls are easy going.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    lol Adam is making me watch lampoons european vacation, ive never seen it before. He loves these movies.
  • Yeah - my BM's were awesome.  
  • May 4th is a big day for you Blue.  :)

Sesh, I could see you living in Hawaii... I swear that place keeps a part of you when you leave it (I'm talking specifically of the Big Island). 
  • H and I want to go to Hawaii.  Not sure when, but it's on the list.  We put $ aside every month to do a big extravagant vacation every 5 years (at least that's the plan) but since we want to do some camping/hiking in Hawaii, we may not make that a 5 year trip, we may just do it as a bigger regular year vacation sometime.
  • Hey guys, 

I just got home from a conference I went to down in SC.  The day was incredible and I'm really glad I went but last night sucked and I'm lucky I stayed awake at all today.

After I checked into the hotel last night, I didn't have anything to do so I went to work out for a while.  I probably over did it because I hadn't eaten anything since early afternoon and I didn't drink much water yesterday.  This all, in hindsight, spells disaster.  Anyway, I get done working out and am feeling good but then after I shower, I started getting a really shiitty headache.  I decided to just drink a ton of water and go to bed since it was getting late.  

Instead of sleeping however, I rolled around trying to will my head to stop throbbing since I didn't have any ibuprofen with me.  I tried pressure points even until I finally got out of bed at 2:30 and went to the front desk to ask if they had any aspirin or anything.  They didn't.  Well, instead of trying to go back to sleep, I got in my car and drove 10 minutes to an open Walgreens to buy some damn ibuprofen.  I popped 3, chugged some water and figured that I could finally get some sleep.  

Well, taking ibuprofen on an empty stomach when you're already slightly nauseated from a headache?  Makes you vom.  Thankfully, I made it back to my room where I promptly threw up.  Apparently, however, the 15 minutes between taking them and saying hello to the toilet was enough for them to dissolve so the headache started going away.  I finally got back into bed at 4:00 and spent another half hour telling my head to go fuuck itself before the pain was gone enough for me to fall asleep.  Only to be awoken at 6:00 to get ready for an all day conference.

So, while that was a lengthy little anecdote, there's a lesson or two to be learned here.  First, eat and hydrate thyself before you decide to take on a two hour work out.  Second, have some damn pills in your purse or head out to Walgreens before the point of desperation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:fc4fa9ea-6f25-4606-8726-09368b36e67e">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening. I just got home from work not that long ago. I'm watching SYTTD: Bridesmaids and it makes me sooo happy my girls are easy going.
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I hope and pray that I don't end up with bridesmaidzillas...well, I know my daughters won't be...not if they want me to feed them ;) but I am in fear of one of my sisters turning in to one.</div><div>
    </div><div>Maybe I will be shocked.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • eirwyneirwyn member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:98a327ab-9cf1-41a2-9814-2a3dd1fcb8d0">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]My apartment community is gated... if I order pizza delivery - how does a pizza delivery guy get in?  I don't have an intercom, or a gate buzzer or anything.  I'm confused.  I've never lived in a gated apartment before.  #firstworldproblem...
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]
    They'll probably use their cell phone to call you (your phone number is printed on the slip) when they get there. That, or they're familiar with the community from prior deliveries and will know the super secret squirrel way of getting in.<div>
    </div><div>How do guests come over?</div>
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    H and I got engaged in Hawaii and I can't wait to go back. I could totally live there.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:860b7ef4-93b2-4119-84fa-523135630de4">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : They'll probably use their cell phone to call you (your phone number is printed on the slip) when they get there. That, or they're familiar with the community from prior deliveries and will know the super secret squirrel way of getting in. <strong>How do guests come over?</strong>
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't know this either.  They didn't tell me when I signed the lease.  Maybe I will stop by the office tomorrow and ask LOL.  </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:1c633f3b-676c-4044-875b-6e21a67cdfeb">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : I don't know this either.  They didn't tell me when I signed the lease.  Maybe I will stop by the office tomorrow and ask LOL.  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]
    I just had this hilarious image of people coming over and scaling your gate with six-packs in their hands.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:808f32ba-65b2-47a5-b546-1bb991a74697">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening thread : I just had this hilarious image of people coming over and scaling your gate with six-packs in their hands.
    Posted by eirwyn[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Beer ninjas!</div>
  • Lizzie, I fully expected my BIL (H's best man) to be completely inappropriate at the wedding and he was a complete teddy bear instead.  Your sister might surprise you. 

Chirp - been there and it sucks!  FYI - Aleve doesn't mess with an empty stomach like ibuprofen does so I always keep that in my purse, just in case. 
  • That sounds miserable, Chirp.  8-(
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Evening!! I have a Q: Do stores like Home Depot/Lowes have refrigerators in stock that you could take home the same day? 

I think our fridge condenser or something went out today, and I think I want a new one instead of paying for repairs on an older fridge. But a lot of places seem to not be able to deliver for just about two weeks.  NOT what I wanted to do this weekend. 

• LizzieyounceLizzieyounce member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:e4763355-bb11-4640-8cc2-a1c5b0d47399">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lizzie, I fully expected my BIL (H's best man) to be completely inappropriate at the wedding and he was a complete teddy bear instead.  Your sister might surprise you.  Chirp - been there and it sucks!  FYI - Aleve doesn't mess with an empty stomach like ibuprofen does so I always keep that in my purse, just in case. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm sure she will, Girlie...she can be very opinionated though, KWIM?</div><div>
    </div><div>I have Aleve in the car, my purse, in the downstairs medicine cabinet and the upstairs cabinet, too.  I love my Aleve.

</div><div>My headache cure is Aleve and a cup of coffee. Coffee is an awesome vasoconstrictor.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:404ed44b-dc0d-4a0b-8163-aeeaa130ac26">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Evening!! I have a Q: Do stores like Home Depot/Lowes have refrigerators in stock that you could take home the same day?  I think our fridge condenser or something went out today, and I think I want a new one instead of paying for repairs on an older fridge. But a lot of places seem to not be able to deliver for just about two weeks.  NOT what I wanted to do this weekend. 
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think they do...call ahead though.  If they can do delivery tomorrow, will the current firdge hold till then?

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:88589721-b803-43d4-9bad-9b18873c9a37Post:81e25ca2-496e-448b-baae-eb50d27e2d92">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]lol Adam is making me watch lampoons european vacation, ive never seen it before. He loves these movies.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>That movie is awesome!  I love all of the National Lampoon "Vacation" movies.  My family Christmas movie growing up was Christmas Vacation.  We watched it every year.</div>
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards