Oregon

Married!!

We did it - I can finally say I have a HUSBAND!! yeah!!

It was a wonderful, beautiful and a moving ceremony - even if Mother Nature chose to not cooperate. It rained -- literally poured -- here from the time we got up to the time we were cleaning up on Saturday night. We used every one of the temporary shelters we could find and made impromptu rain gutters to help guests stay dry. I think the majority of people still came who said they were going to — though we did lose a ton of guests due to the weather.

We forgot so many things — the toast (we did it later with our wedding party) and so much more - but it really was the best day. After a huge cry Friday night after the rehearsal dinner, I just decided to let it all go and have as much fun as I could. 

Guests told us the ceremony was cozy and intimate - not a bad thing to hear when you have more than 90 people there! They even said the rain helped our day stand out amongst all the weddings they had ever been to. It went by so fast and I barely got anything to eat between greeting everyone and talking to our guests. 

Things may not have gone as planned - but it all still worked out. We had the best day and in the end, I married the love of my life. That's all I could ask for! Smile

Re: Married!!

• edited December 2011
    CONGRATS SNARKY!!!

I'm glad things went well and you had a great day... 5 days til mine and hopefully I'll be over and done with this sinus infection!!
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first thing I said when we went over to our reception area was "that is NOT 120 people!"  Snarky, congratulations, sounds like we had a similar mindset as far as the crying went (however my breakdown was right when we got to the venue because I got bombarded with questions I designated someone to handle-clearly those people weren't listening at the reheasal!) You can look back on the bucket dump of rain and laugh about it.  I bet it made for fun pictures. :D

KIZAT YOU"RE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!! WOOWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

My photographer put up a sneak peak of the photos .. here's the link if you're interested!

www.jennyebnerphotography.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" onmousedown="UntrustedLink.bootstrap($(this), "7a5f9", event);">www.jennyebnerphotography.blogspot.com

These are the photos we got at the end of the reception when the rain let up ... I can't wait to see the rest!!
  • sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who was in the locket?!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    That was my mother. She died in 2000 - age 49 - from a heart defect. It was sudden and highly unexpected because she was a marathon runner. She basically didn't wake up one morning. I wanted to find a way to have her with me that was unobtrusive but still classy. So I picked the locket. It wasn't the best photo of her because I couldn't find the one I wanted but I remember the day it was taken - and we had a lot of fun goofing off for the camera - hence the hat!

My dad said there are better photos - the photographer put both our rings right next to her picture and apparently they were stunning. His words. I didn't even know about it until he told me! Can't wait to see those!
  • edited December 2011
    snarky- sorry to hear about your mom. My mom died when I was 19 @ age 47. She battled with breast cancer for 8 years. I am trying to find a way to do something in her honor at my wedding but it is so hard because I get really emotional about and so does my Dad. My colors are black and pink and I am doing the Kate Aspen Pink Ribbon 'In Favor of a Cure' favors and some other 'pink ribbon' decorations.
    I really like your locket with the photo. Did you have anyone say anything about your mom in the ceremony? I was thinking about having a moment of silence but I don't know if I can handle it emotionally.
    My extended family and officiant have offered a lot of suggestions- but I don't think they understand how hard it is to get through something like that.
  • edited December 2011
    Barlinkafire - It would have been too hard for me to have had anything said about her at the wedding. We were very close and I miss her very much every day. A moment of silence would have featured me bawling - along with my brother and sister-in-law. I was already overly emotional (I cried during our vows) and couldn't have handled much more. 

My close family and friends knew who was in the locket - what it was about. I think the pink ribbon favors and pink ribbon decorations are just the right amount. You may want to set up photo of her by the favors - something like in Memory of ... - and then leave it at that. It is a tribute to her but not in a way that is going to set you off emotionally. Believe me - you will already be there. My dad and I talked about my mom, how proud she would be of me, etc. for about 30 minutes an hour or so before I got married. And that was hard. I cried a lot. 

My advice is this - go with what feels right to you. Just remember it will be an emotional day all on its own. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks- snarky. That is what I was thinking- it will be too much to have someone say something.
  • edited December 2011
    SNARKY!!!

How awesome is it to be done planning and over with the wedding?!

I'm on the verge of a meltdown... LOL

but it's fun.  I promise (cept where the part where my car broke down and I can't have it fixed until AFTER the wedding).
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • edited December 2011
    KIZAT!!!!
    OMG - I'm beyond thrilled to be done and over with planning. The most pressing thing on my mind today is should I pack a pair of jeans to go to Maui next week or just shorts and tank tops .. decisions, decisions! LOL

Uh-oh ... meltdown? Breathe, Breathe!! And BTW, you're nuts. You're the only one I know that would classify a meltdown fun!! Why is it that cars KNOW when the least opportune time to break down is?? Sorry you're having so much trouble but you're almost there. So very, very close!

Enjoy your rehersal dinner tomorrow and just relax on your day. Realize what will be will be and don't make yourself crazy over it! I can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards