Destination Weddings Discussions

Key West wedding coordinators

Can anyone recommend Pear Affairs, we've got the keys or Simply You in Key West? I'm trying to decide between them and have no idea how to choose! I can't find any reviews on Pear Affairs and how the three compare to each other.

Thanks!!!

Re: Key West wedding coordinators

• I am using Simply You for our wedding coordination.  I have been working with Erica and she has been great the entire time.  I send her pictures and she recomends a few people to use/look at and then she handles the rest.  Really easy!  
    I had originaly just wanted to use them for day of coordination but my fi didn't want me to drive him crazy for the entire planning process and we made room in our budget for Erica ;) 
    Where in Kw are you getting married?  
  • EmilyL113EmilyL113 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Saramg26 I'm so jealous!!!!  I would have killed to use them for full service, but I just couldn't fit it in the budget... We're using Simply You as well.  I have Julie.  She's been an absolute life-saver!!

Where are y'all getting married?!  And when?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Simply You (Erica) for day of services.  Although I am sure that I will utilize their hourly consultation services throughout the planning process.  They have already been so helpful with helping me narrow down so choices!  They have been super helpful and responsive and that is something that was really important to me!

Yay for some more KW brides!!   Where are you all getting married?
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married 6-1-13 at the Casa Marina.  we're big planners and wanted everyone to come so decided to take our time ;) 

The full service is awesome.  I am a control freak so its making me not so stressed.  If you can fit it in it is totaly worth it, we honestly increased our budget a bit to include it.  

Who is everyone using for flowers?  I am obsessing over that right now!  
  • Oh awesome - Casa Marina is beautiful!!

I went with Mama Flowers... I'm not going to lie though; I didn't shop around that much haha!  I saw plenty of photos of their work and I liked it, so I just went with it! :)  I've been super happy so far, but ask me again in 3 weeks and I let you know how it all played out! :)

I'm so excited to see more KW brides on here!  I thought Trudy and I were the only ones!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara, Casa Marina is beautiful! It was between there and Ocean Key for me! I went with Ocean Key because of the tented pier, it was exactly what I want! But the grounds and ballroom at Casa are really beautiful! I just recently looked into both Mama Flowers and Milan Events for flowers and we decided that we are going to go with Milan! Peter at Milan did a great job of helping me with my vision of what I wanted and had some great suggestions!!
  • By the way, are you in the Philly area?
  • Oh good Trudy, I'm glad you got that booked!!  In hindsight, I should have spent more time on that, but oh well!!  Haha - flowers weren't a huge priority to me, so I was just like, whatever! :)  

So what all do you have left as far as the big stuff?  Now you're all ready for baseball season!!  How bad does this suck - we had to sell our opening day tickets b/c the game is at 3PM on a Friday.  With the wedding and everything, there was just no way we could sneak out early enough to pull it off - BOOOO!!!!  First opening day I will have missed in years. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Trudy~ Yes we live up in Lansdale!  How about you?  

Peter at Milan is who Erica is suggesting based on what I like, how is he price wise?  I like what I have seen online so far and am going to meet with him when we go down in June for our planning trip 

It was between Ocean Key and Casa for us but we wanted to get married on the beach so that is why we decided on the casa 
  • Emily, big stuff is mostly decided! woohoo! I am glad to have that stuff decided, so now I can take a little break from decision making! That stinks about your opening day tix. We are going to Phil's home opener next Monday and I can't wait!! When do you leave for KW? Sara, we are in Delaware. Peters pricing was good once I removed some decor items that he included on the estimate (ie lounge furniture, linens, etc...). After I removed that stuff the price was very comparable to Mamas. I felt more comfortable talking to him and felt like he got me and my ideas!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_destination-weddings_key-west-wedding-coordinators?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:54Discussion:eb5bddc2-9aa8-4a85-b2ea-549c62b4b73aPost:59e65ddc-07fc-4b17-9df4-f164b8a4c43e">Re: Key West wedding coordinators</a>:
    [QUOTE]Emily, big stuff is mostly decided! woohoo! I am glad to have that stuff decided, so now I can take a little break from decision making! That stinks about your opening day tix. We are going to Phil's home opener next Monday and I can't wait!! <strong>When do you leave for KW?</strong> Sara, we are in Delaware. Peters pricing was good once I removed some decor items that he included on the estimate (ie lounge furniture, linens, etc...). After I removed that stuff the price was very comparable to Mamas. I felt more comfortable talking to him and felt like he got me and my ideas!
    Posted by TrudM75[/QUOTE]

2 weeks from TUESDAY!!! So excited!

Happy for you that you got all the big stuff done!  You'll have a few months of down time now!!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been forever searching on here to find KW brides and have the chance to ask questions and compare notes. I am right now in the STD process and picking a wedding planner. I love them all, but I don't love spending the money on them!! What made you choose yours?
  • Can anyone tell how much these wedding planners cost for full-service ??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards