Rhode Island

Dress to come in and alterations?

Hi ladies -
so my wedding is 9/14/12...mom and i are going dress shopping on 11/20...is this going to be OK? how long does the dress take to come in? i am worried we are shopping too late - seems like all the fall brides for next year on here have their dress already!

Re: Dress to come in and alterations?

• musictchr25musictchr25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard that dresses take 6-8 months for delivery, so it seems that you still are in the clear. I'm getting married 3 weeks after you and I don't have a dress yet.  Going today to look at a few, but I probably won't order before Thanksgiving.
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my dress in August and they said it would be in by January, so I guess it depends on the shop and the designer, but they can always rush ship everything, so I wouldn't be worried about it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    oh perfect - i figured rush shipping is always an option - i thought about that after i wrote this message! thanks girls, i just dont want it to be september 1 next year without a dress!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married 8-25 and havent even looked yet. I am probably going in dec or jan
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • lusciouslipslusciouslips member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Some dresses do take 6-9 months to come in, but I ordered my dress in July and it was suppose to come in by sometime in December or January and I received it 3 weeks ago!
  • edited December 2011
    I ordered mine in February and it was in in late September. I think you should be good! I was told by my boutique that often times the designer creates your dress based on your need date. So if somebody is getting married a month after you orders the exact same dress at the same time as you, yours will be done first. Hope that helps!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards