African American Weddings

Videographer alternative

So I went over to the DIY baord and ran across a post about DIY video and they posted this link http://www.flipahit.com/. Has anyone ever heard of them. If and after you view it, what are your thoughts on this ?

Re: Videographer alternative

• I considered these but my main concerns were:

1) Which guest will not be caght up in the moment at the pivotal times and remember to record ALL the way through

2) What if no one wants to

3) since they're not proffesional what's the audio situation like? The personal recorder like that I have is really meant for you to be fairly close to the person

4) Shaky hands

5) How do you edit the comments out?
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_videographer-alternative?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:544f0d71-d78e-43d9-b613-1f91d0849436Post:82c4a9e7-81de-4546-9043-41ef726a2a51">Re: Videographer alternative</a>:
    [QUOTE]I considered these but my main concerns were: 1) Which guest will not be caght up in the moment at the pivotal times and remember to record ALL the way through 2) What if no one wants to 3) since they're not proffesional what's the audio situation like? The personal recorder like that I have is really meant for you to be fairly close to the person 4) Shaky hands <strong>5) How do you edit the comments out?
    </strong>Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

Like a bad bootleg (is all I thought about). LOL

This was a good idea, but me being a control freak....I couldn't handle worrying....did any of them capture that tear drop from his face?
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_videographer-alternative?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:544f0d71-d78e-43d9-b613-1f91d0849436Post:82c4a9e7-81de-4546-9043-41ef726a2a51">Re: Videographer alternative</a>:
    [QUOTE]I considered these but my main concerns were: 1) Which guest will not be caght up in the moment at the pivotal times and remember to record ALL the way through 2) What if no one wants to 3) since they're not proffesional what's the audio situation like? The personal recorder like that I have is really meant for you to be fairly close to the person 4) Shaky hands 5) How do you edit the comments out?
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

all of this.  and more.  it's like changing the oil on your car.  who needs "training" it's very basic, not a lot of tools, couple of steps, super easy right?  except that you don't know if you did it right until you find out <em>the hard way</em>.   and frankly this is not cost-effective enough to be an incentive.   a photographer who works with a videographer will have a bundle that makes hiring a professional worth your while.    can't redo the day.

eta:  piggybacking J's #1 - one or several of the designated guests has had their 19th cocktail.  the last piece of film you have is them putting the camera down on the table right before they walk to the loo.  ::headshakey::
  • Have you looked on craigslist? You can find lower budget people there
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • RIght. that what Im saying. IDK if I would want to chance it and missed the important parts. They do all the editing for you but Im like yall. IDK about it.

I have a videogrpaher just wanted to see what yall thought
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards