Christian Weddings

LDS

Anyone here planning or been to a wedding where the Bride is LDS and her groom is not? My friend is getting married next year and I am her Maid of Honor. She asked me to help her out with as much as possible.
She is a convert to LDS and her fiance is a non-practicing Catholic. She had given much thought and had counsel on not only dating but marring a man not of her faith. He is supportive of her and has assured her that he will not ask her to change, as long as she is prepared for him not to change either.
So, just here looking for any ideas that she can or should use for their wedding. She is leaning to having an outdoor wedding as she can not marry in the Temple. She can marry in her church but prefers to be outside.
Aside from that, does anyone have any ideas she can get from you all?

Re: LDS

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Latter Day Saints. Also commonly called Mormon. OP I wish them the best. From what I know their marriage won't be recognized in either of their faiths LDS or Catholicism. Are they still looking for a religious ceremony? If so they may be able to find a non denominational type pastor to perform it. I doubt they'd be able to incorporate LDS traditions or customs because they're generally quite private. What do the bride and groom want to do?
  • In Response to Re:LDS:[QUOTE]What is LDS? Posted by SugarFoote[/QUOTE]
    Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints aka Mormon.
  • In Response to Re:LDS:[QUOTE]Anyone here planning or been to a wedding where the Bride is LDS and her groom is not? My friend is getting married next year and I am her Maid of Honor. She asked me to help her out with as much as possible. She is a convert to LDS and her fiance is a nonpracticing Catholic. She had given much thought and had counsel on not only dating but marring a man not of her faith. He is supportive of her and has assured her that he will not ask her to change, as long as she is prepared for him not to change either. So, just here looking for any ideas that she can or should use for their wedding. She is leaning to having an outdoor wedding as she can not marry in the Temple. She can marry in her church but prefers to be outside. Aside from that, does anyone have any ideas she can get from you all? Posted by aimhigh[/QUOTE]
    I'm not familiar with LDS practices and I don't know if any of our current posters are or not.
  • Thanks. I'm Baptist and I pretty much don't know anything about other faiths so I'm going to skip out on this one.

OP, I wish you and the B&G the best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It would be helpful if you were more specific. You'll find lots of ideas by looking through old posts on the board and we'd be happy to help you, but "ideas" is pretty broad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Thank you for your time and answers.
    The Latter Day Saints church will recognize their marriage. There is another step they can take if he converts, that the church supports. Its called a "Sealing". For now they will be recognized as married. That is a good thing.
    I will look around the boards for help and ideas.
    Thank you again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards