Outdoor Weddings

Country Wedding+Bridesmaids in Cowboy Boots???!

I have a total of 5 bridesmaids in our wedding and we are all so very much alike..we all grew up riding horses together and we're still true to our country roots. I was tossing around the idea of short dresses for them and pairing nice cowboy boots to go wear with. Our colors are chocolate brown and butter yellow, along with hints of orange. The wedding is in early August, 2012. Should we go with the idea?? (the entire day is taking place in an open field so heels are a NO GO..the only other option would be flats or wedges) And our theme is country/chic

Help!!
:-)

Re: Country Wedding+Bridesmaids in Cowboy Boots???!

• I'm doing the same thing! I'm getting married in my church but my girls are still wearing short yellow dresses and I'm buying them all a new pair of boots as their bridesmaid gifts! We all wear boots all the time and they are all excited to wear them in the wedding!
  • If you're requiring the BMs to get new boots then you should pay for them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, if the boots are part of what they are wearing for your wedding, that's not a gift.
  • Go for it! I've grown up a cowgirl and am getting hitched in June 2012. Not all of my best gals wear boots and our wedding is in an open field, so we are having them buy cheap flats (since heels will sink) and after pictures/ceremony they can change into whatever they choose. I, however, will be rockin' my buckaroos! Good luck darlin'! :)
  • I'm giving mine the option.  I think 3/4 will do it, and that's perfectly ok with me.  It's not a cheerleading competition, so not everyone needs to match. 

I agree that FatBabies are a NO, but then I'm not a fan of them much anyway. 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • I love this idea!! I already know that I am wearing boots....I keep looking hoping to find a pair that I will love even after my wedding. But with my bridesmaids there is only 2 of them that don't look funny in boots. I am still wanting to take pictures with all of the bridesmaids in them. I have plenty and a few bridesmaids that will fit into mine and my sister-in-law is the country/cowgirl as well and a few of the other bridesmaids will fit into one of her 1000 pairs! :) I don't want them the same...different just as they are! Hoping to take a bunch of pictures in our family barn and around some cattle,horses, haybales and windmills. Just not sure if the weather will work out for October 20, 2012...FINGERS CROSSED!! But ---i do think that the boots are an awesome thing!! :)
  • I love this idea!! I already know that I am wearing boots....I keep looking hoping to find a pair that I will love even after my wedding. But with my bridesmaids there is only 2 of them that don't look funny in boots. I am still wanting to take pictures with all of the bridesmaids in them. I have plenty and a few bridesmaids that will fit into mine and my sister-in-law is the country/cowgirl as well and a few of the other bridesmaids will fit into one of her 1000 pairs! :) I don't want them the same...different just as they are! Hoping to take a bunch of pictures in our family barn and around some cattle,horses, haybales and windmills. Just not sure if the weather will work out for October 20, 2012...FINGERS CROSSED!! But ---i do think that the boots are an awesome thing!! :)
  • how do you post on here  i am getting married in july of 2012 and we are getting married at my parents farm and i wanted to go barefeet but my mom said that isnt right whatelse can you wear on your feet to be comfortable i am wearing a ivory wedding gown it isnot my first wedding .
  • Hey girls!! love the idea!! Wear what you are comfortable in and what is YOU!!! I wore heels to my ceremony and changed into my boots for line dancing at my reception!! I knew that not all my bridesmaide would be comfortable in the booots, so i didn't go this route, plus i had long dresses, but anyway...I HAVE A QUESTION THAT GOES ALONG WITH THE BOOTS.

This is for my sister's future wedding...she wants to do the short dresses and cowboy boots.  But we are struggling with finding a casual looking bridesmaid dress that we like with the boot. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to find something that isn't too fancy for boots.
    something like the couple of pictures below? Thanks!! your help is appreciated!!!

• Absolutely!!!! I have the same idea in mind for my May 2013 wedding. Puplr and Turquise being my colors!!! Love cowboy boots with cute dresses!!!! My girls and I have been the same way!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_country-weddingbridesmaids-cowboy-boots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:666Discussion:ab9adc92-99a3-4727-a441-c33c6b46d087Post:70647bd6-f956-475c-b5e2-14e17936b157">Re: Country Wedding+Bridesmaids in Cowboy Boots???!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls!! love the idea!! Wear what you are comfortable in and what is YOU!!! I wore heels to my ceremony and changed into my boots for line dancing at my reception!! I knew that not all my bridesmaide would be comfortable in the booots, so i didn't go this route, plus i had long dresses, but anyway...I HAVE A QUESTION THAT GOES ALONG WITH THE BOOTS. This is for my sister's future wedding...she wants to do the short dresses and cowboy boots.  But we are struggling with finding a casual looking bridesmaid dress that we like with the boot. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to find something that isn't too fancy for boots. something like the couple of pictures below? Thanks!! your help is appreciated!!!
    Posted by RLKummer87[/QUOTE]
    Any luck on findin these blue dresses??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards