Snarky Brides

AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)

Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)

• IRL my MIL & FIL  gave me a bunch of money and presents. First off, I said no xmas this year, second I don't even talk to them since they sold the land out from under our house, threw a hissy fit at our wedding, tried to hit me when I was injured ect ect (Ive complained about them before). but then give me 1k and gifts? you guys are so wacko its not even funny.
    I debated mailing the money back but I feel they owe me but I gave all the gifts away. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:69487fb1-8b08-4b2f-83b9-cbcc2c7d6f6f">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Because I think it's hilarious how crazy my SIL can be at times, she was trying to get H to decorate our home in animal prints.  (She and my MIL have crazy amounts of animal prints everywhere.)  He said it wasn't our style.  She, not getting her way about OUR HOME, can't handle not being in control, so she moved to her usual manipulation. First "everyone decorates with them. It'll look strange otherwise." "Not as much up here. Maybe that's down south." (Even there, it's far from everyone.)  <strong>Her next argument? "DON'T YOU WANT TO HONOR JESUS AS THE LION OF JUDAH!??!?!?!?!"</strong> Ridiculous. :)
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's hysterical!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:69487fb1-8b08-4b2f-83b9-cbcc2c7d6f6f">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Because I think it's hilarious how crazy my SIL can be at times, she was trying to get H to decorate our home in animal prints.  (She and my MIL have crazy amounts of animal prints everywhere.)  He said it wasn't our style.  She, not getting her way about OUR HOME, can't handle not being in control, so she moved to her usual manipulation. First "everyone decorates with them. It'll look strange otherwise." "Not as much up here. Maybe that's down south." (Even there, it's far from everyone.)  Her next argument? <strong>"DON'T YOU WANT TO HONOR JESUS AS THE LION OF JUDAH!??!?!?!?!"</strong> Ridiculous. :)
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

wow.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:69487fb1-8b08-4b2f-83b9-cbcc2c7d6f6f">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Because I think it's hilarious how crazy my SIL can be at times, she was trying to get H to decorate our home in animal prints.  (She and my MIL have crazy amounts of animal prints everywhere.)  He said it wasn't our style.  She, not getting her way about OUR HOME, can't handle not being in control, so she moved to her usual manipulation. First "everyone decorates with them. It'll look strange otherwise." "Not as much up here. Maybe that's down south." (Even there, it's far from everyone.)  Her next argument? "DON'T YOU WANT TO HONOR JESUS AS THE LION OF JUDAH!??!?!?!?!" Ridiculous. :)
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>If SIL is sending you a lion pelt and you don't want it, can I have it?  I live in the South and my home is currently void of animal skins. It seems that I'm doing it wrong. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:113c0aa6-88e6-4350-9c86-4bdb28551cf3">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]IRL my MIL & FIL  gave me a bunch of money and presents. First off, I said no xmas this year, second I don't even talk to them since they sold the land out from under our house, threw a hissy fit at our wedding, tried to hit me when I was injured ect ect (Ive complained about them before). but then give me 1k and gifts? you guys are so wacko its not even funny. I debated mailing the money back but I feel they owe me but I gave all the gifts away. 
    Posted by alynne1113[/QUOTE]

They sound pretty nuts but I'm guessing you sending the gifts back could make them go even more nuts...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:1aff75b3-4e19-4a18-8014-1987a685f54c">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Because there's no mod. I had banned her for saying other crappy stuff before (telling multiple posters to learn to read, that they're stupid, etc), but Bump Kathleen unbanned her.  And the posts have mostly been deleted from being reported, so she probably won't be.  It just was upsetting because even though I really couldn't care less about her opinion, it made me wonder if other people think those things and are just not totally terrible human beings to say it.  Plus it's just jerky no matter how you slice it.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

DJ, people don't think the things she said. She is like a 12 yr old trying to come up with insults so she immediatly attacks anything she sees.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:8f1fc859-e924-408f-ac32-e11abc053809">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : They sound pretty nuts but I'm guessing you sending the gifts back could make them go even more nuts...
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]
    Probably, although at this point I don't know if it is possible for MIL to be more nuts. She has been told by DH that I will never see her, talk to her and she will not be in our childrens lives. He also have very minimal contact with her. But their typical solution? Throw money at the problem and maybe it will be fixed.
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Because I think it's hilarious how crazy my SIL can be at times, she was trying to get H to decorate our home in animal prints.  (She and my MIL have crazy amounts of animal prints everywhere.)  He said it wasn't our style.  She, not getting her way about OUR HOME, can't handle not being in control, so she moved to her usual manipulation. First "everyone decorates with them. It'll look strange otherwise." "Not as much up here. Maybe that's down south." (Even there, it's far from everyone.)  Her next argument? <strong>"DON'T YOU WANT TO HONOR JESUS AS THE LION OF JUDAH!??!?!?!?!"</strong> Ridiculous. :)
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow. </div><div>
    </div><div>The only animal prints in our house are on the dog and cat. I like the occasional knick-knack, but I get kind of twitchy when someone gives me something bigger. </div><div>
    </div><div>My IRL flame is so petty. H and I do a small gift exchange with his best friend and his wife. This year, they asked us for a specific list of what we wanted. We suggested a silver-toned frame for our 11x13 wedding photo. They gave us a silver frame 10x12 frame, matted to fit a 5x7.</div><div>
    </div><div>H won't let me exchange it, even though they included a gift receipt and said, "If it's not what you want, please exchange it." He thinks it would be rude, and he doesn't seem to get that it won't fit the photo we want to display.</div>
  • I flame Jenny as well. For not sending a gift after commeting to it and for the post yesterday.

I also flame the PS board because most of them are crazy. And I'd like to flame the regs who haven't posted in awhile because the board has been super slow and I miss seeing every bodys post.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:33a11bb9-dadf-4fec-ac57-231cb11ad660">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Wow.  The only animal prints in our house are on the dog and cat. I like the occasional knick-knack, but I get kind of twitchy when someone gives me something bigger.  My IRL flame is so petty. H and I do a small gift exchange with his best friend and his wife. This year, they asked us for a specific list of what we wanted. We suggested a silver-toned frame for our 11x13 wedding photo. They gave us a silver frame 10x12 frame, matted to fit a 5x7. H won't let me exchange it, even though they included a gift receipt and said, "If it's not what you want, please exchange it." He thinks it would be rude, and he doesn't seem to get that it won't fit the photo we want to display.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I would totally exchange it. 
  • And I want to flame Eagles for her cray cray the other day. I don't understand why she decided that it was her responsibility to stand up for LDY. LDY can handle herself and no one was even picking on her. I think people just feel that they need to defend her because she is so sweet, but I've seen her be way less than sweet a number of times. I know she has it in her.
  • Still interested to hear how one justifies banning someone for telling someone they should learn to read.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

• It's a small grievance, but Edie: I feel like you have to question everything. I get the vibe you are a very curious person, and I like the starting of conversation, especially since the board has been so dead, but sometimes it's just too much for me. Like you bolding one word or phrase out of a long answer and asking specifics about it. Sometimes it makes sense to me in the conversation, and sometimes it seems out of left field. 

I guess I've just been seeing it a lot lately. Like there are more questions to others than there are answers about you.

**And this is why AYG sucks lately, I like Edie a lot so now I feel bad for typing this all out. So Edie: this is my wimp disclaimer that I like you and I don't want you to take this personally, it just irks me. ** 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:b2ff070d-3a7c-4a44-9ced-cc0cbc8c667a">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Still interested to hear how one justifies banning someone for telling someone they should learn to read.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

I don't think that was the only reason.  This girl ws being extremely rude and calling people every name under the sun, making fun of their pictures, their intelligences, their personalities, you name it. 
  • I have a holiday flame. I hosted Christmas eve at our house and my SIL shows up with 3 different desserts. With no warning or anything.  She even sent me an email asking me if it was okay to bring champagne and shows up with 3 full size desserts (for like 14 people). 

It bothers me because 1) I made dessert for everyone and then 2) we clearly had way to much dessert so she leaves one at our house, which we didn't want because then we had a bunch of my desserts leftover too. I was just annoyed.

• Wow. Reddy. If I were Edie, I would be crying in a corner right now. How could you be so cruel!

:)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:42cc64c9-6481-47c3-b615-37adcd8ecc2b">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : I would totally exchange it. 
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

<div>I think I'll just stick another photo in it, then go buy the one I wanted.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:35cc599a-da87-4558-82d6-901c3b9f2657">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : I don't think that was the only reason.  This girl ws being extremely rude and calling people every name under the sun, making fun of their pictures, their intelligences, their personalities, you name it. 
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Then singling out "telling people to learn to read" seems like a strange thing to pick.

I mean, if that was the case, then it makes sense completely.  But I would list those reasons, not "telling people to learn how to read."  Because if that's a bannable offense, I should be on my 17th SN.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:ef0a2e2c-8420-4707-a319-fbeeda106f25">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : I think I'll just stick another photo in it, then go buy the one I wanted.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to suggest.  That way you can still use it, but also get the fram you want for your photo. Win/win.
  • Oh shiit. I almost forgot about this one. I'm flaming Koda's sig pic. She's such a cute girl, but that face she is making gives me a reaciton similar to the one that I had when I would look at DragonWagon's.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:417b4246-8961-4982-acd0-8c5658615e96">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow. Reddy. If I were Edie, I would be crying in a corner right now. How could you be so cruel! :)
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>Okay, maybe AYG's don't suck as much as I just suck at flaming ;)</div><div>
    </div>
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:5447f9f1-5392-4a43-9722-a86d571f6c30">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]And I want to flame Eagles for her cray cray the other day. I don't understand why she decided that it was her responsibility to stand up for LDY. LDY can handle herself and no one was even picking on her. I think people just feel that they need to defend her because she is so sweet, but I've seen her be way less than sweet a number of times. I know she has it in her.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>I can't say that was any more over the top than Nebb's ridiculous rant against Chelsea yesterday when Anna explained like 12 times she told Chelsea to do what she did.  Or the fact that Nebb and Blue thought they were flipping hilarious bashing LDY on Christmas eve.  Funny doesn't need to be mean.   </div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:eb062d12-6d4d-498c-819c-89e9c1235baa">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : HA HA. I like it. I'm keeping it up.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Good for you, but I think it makes you look like you're trying too hard.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:41987ca1-2a19-4ea3-9069-1c0701a62edc">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Good for you, but I think it makes you look like you're trying too hard.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>Or coming at you with a butcher knife.  </div>
  • I like Koda's sig pic.  But I like pics of myself where I'm acting goofy, too :) I get it.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:831b637e-b9a2-4035-acb9-e416e6d47b07">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : Or coming at you with a butcher knife.  
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

<div>I always think there's a knife in her hand!  Koda, is there a knife in your hand? Is there anything in your hand?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:a113fe01-df6f-4d21-8743-240f552a0034">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?) : I can't say that was any more over the top than Nebb's ridiculous rant against Chelsea yesterday when Anna explained like 12 times she told Chelsea to do what she did.  Or the fact that Nebb and Blue thought they were flipping hilarious bashing LDY on Christmas eve.  Funny doesn't need to be mean.   
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I agree about the Chelsea thread from yesterday. What was the LDY bashing on Christmas eve? Link?
  • SunriseAmberSunriseAmber member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I like Koda's sig. It makes me laugh - she's just acting like a goofball. Which is great because I would never have the courage enough to post a picture like that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-tk-irl-holiday-drama?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e0e4492-97c1-4003-a963-7463f3531b84Post:46e7829e-fb78-482a-8474-27994ef7640f">Re: AYG- TK or IRL (holiday drama?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Koda's sig pic.  But I like pics of myself where I'm acting goofy, too :) I get it.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Oh god. Please don't remind me of the big mouth burger sig pic. :)
  • I like Kodas sig pic too, makes me giggle. I think of a dinosaur screaming RAWR,
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards