New Jersey - South
Options

Kick off to our Virtual Knottie Day!!!

Woo Hoo!!!
Ok ladies today is the first day of our Virtual Knottie Day ! Yay! I just wanted to say thanks for being patient and putting up with my numerous posts, I am still nervous about being your mod, I just want to do a good job!!

Ok todays topic: Newbie //Introduce Yourself Tuesday-
So we are going to introduce ourselves and get to know each other and all the newbies join in and introduce yourself don't be shy! Enjoy ladies you can add things if you want as well!

Name(or screename):
Shakima
Wedding Date: August 28, 2010
Theme of wedding: Modernish I guess. I am using Black & Fuschia with yellow & orange Accents
What has been your favorite purchase so far: my candy buffett. lol
Where is your venue:  A touch of class in delran.

Just say something about yourself:  I am addicted to the knot, my blackberry, and wedding shows. I love hanging out with my family , making new friends , driving around.  I am really random.

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Not being able to stick with something! lol.

Well I can't wait to meet the rest of you wonderful ladies!
Enjoy the rest of your day!!!!

-Shaki

Re: Kick off to our Virtual Knottie Day!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Name(or screename): Sierra
    Location: Currently Cedar Grove, NJ; FI and I grew up in Burlington Township
    Wedding Date: June 5, 2010
    Theme of wedding: Hints of Damask Black, White and Aqua
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: My wedding dress :)
    Where is your venue:  The Renault Winery, Egg Harbor

Just say something about yourself:  The knot helps me get through the day at work! I enjoy planning my wedding and think I might be bored when it’s over. I have a Golden Retriever puppy who is my pride and joy.

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? We had a lot of back and forth with our venue about the hotel block. Luckily we got everything resolved and because of our persistence they now have a hotel contract in place for all future couples.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename):  Jody
    Wedding Date:   9/5/2010
    Theme of wedding: classic, traditional, Conservative Jewish wedding; my colors are royal blue, silver, and white.
    What has been your favorite purchase so far:  my wedding gown; it was an absolute steal on Ebay!
    Where is your venue:  Congregation Beth Tikvah Synagogue, Marlton

Just say something about yourself:  I am older than most first-time brides (38, yikes!), but I'm glad I waited for the right man instead of marrying the wrong one!  And, like Shaki, I'm totally addicted to wedding planning, wedding magazines, wedding shows, and, of course, TK!  I also enjoy the company of my two cats, my "sons," LOL!

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Money worries, but I'm sure most brides these days have that problem.
  • Options
    cmaygrlcmaygrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename):  Cathy
    Wedding Date:   5/22/2010
    Theme of wedding: beachy
    What has been your favorite purchase so far:  my wedding gown - very nontraditional color...  but I love it.  I feel absolutely amazing in it!  I can't wait to see everyone's face when they see me that morning!!
    Where is your venue:  Beaches of Cape May, NJ

Just say something about yourself:  I am older than most first-time brides (44, UUGG), but like Jody, I a'm glad I waited for the right man.. as they say "good things come to those who wait"  I've had to kiss a lot of frogs before I met the love of my life.  

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning?
    Like Jodi, money is alway on our minds, but I had a revelation last week... this is my 1st and ONLY wedding, and I want all of the people who care about me are happy for me be with us that day.  In other words, we will be exceeding our small budget, and invite an additional 15 people (friends from work).  I have known these girls for 15 years, and it just would not be the same without them.  (my fi & Iwon't be in debt for long....it won't be that bad.. we won't loose our house, etc lol). It's all good
  • Options
    rclark13rclark13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename):  Rebecca
    Wedding Date:   10/16/2010
    Theme of wedding:  traditional Catholic Mass, then a big party after!!

What has been your favorite purchase so far:  My dress? i guess... i am kinda a laid back person but my dress i love! <3

Where is your venue:  St. Catherine Of Siena, then Masso's In Glassboro

Just say something about yourself: I love being a firefighter more then I love planning my wedding that by the way is making me stress out! Oh and my blackberry is my best friend!!! It does want I tell it to when i am using it for wedding plans and it is the only thing that does what I tell it too! HAHA

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Money worries, but i try not to let get to me.. and then I have the fact that my MIL and my Mom are control freaks!!! and i am a laid back person who could care less!!! I spend more time yelling that its my wedding and not theirs then i do enjoy planing my wedding. I stress from the time i get up to the time i go to bed about my wedding day and how it's going to come together. Oh and in between there I go to work, and do some duty crew nights at the firehouse! So I am a busy person and the only person I can yell at with out any reaction is my dad! Because he always tells me it will all come together and be ok!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename): Rachel
    Wedding Date: September 5, 2010
    Theme of wedding: modern meets traditional jewish wedding.  Everything will have blue in it, since it is my favorite color, and I'm doing a lot of things myself
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: probs my wedding dress.  it was something I totally didn't think I would get, but i love it and I want to wear right now!
    Where is your venue:  Sheraton in Atlantic City

Just say something about yourself:  I too am addicted to wedding planning.  When I find something I like, I spend hours upon hours researching it online, etc.  I spend my hours at work when I'm bored on the forums (thank goodness they haven't blocked them yet!).  Other than that, I just graduated college last May and am looking for a real world, permanant career job.  FI and I put a deposit on a new home back in September; it broke ground in November; we are supposed to close in April, although we were there Sunday and it looks done, so what they're going to be doing in the next month is beyond my knowledge.  And my FI and I have been dating for 6 years and 2 months, and met almost 7 years ago.  I can't believe how fast time has gone by, but I'm glad who I spent the years with, and who I will continue to spend time with!

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? The biggest thing is money.  My dad is out of work, and my mom doesnt work, so my family has basically no income.  Thankfully, FI mother has been kind enough to split the wedding (FI father passed away in December '08, so unfortunately he won't be there to celebrate with us...it really is a shame).  Other than money is the fact that I feel like I'm doing all the work.  I was the one who set all the appts up, worked with my bridesmaid to create the website, etc.  and I gave him one task to make another hotel block other than the hotel where the event is (our wedding is labor day weekend, and here at the AC area, its a madhouse of people and high rates) and it took him 3 months to do it.  Needless to say, we didn't get another block.  Oh well, it all worked out anyway with our venue.
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename): Jennifer
    Wedding Date: November 14th 2009 (Already married)
    Theme of wedding: black / white / red / silver
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: ?
    Where is your venue:  Masso's Williamstown (ceremony & reception)

Just say something about yourself:
       I rarely post on this board. I'm mostly on Etiquette and Chit Chat.
    I'm 35
    and have been married since November 14th.  This is my third marriage (yes, I said third).

I was very young when I was previously married and apparently didn't know how to make good choices.  I'm not ashamed of my failed marriages because they made me who I am today and taught me how I should be treated and what I really want/deserve in a partner. 

I've had a Vegas wedding, a JOP wedding and a traditional wedding (in that order). If I can offer any advice to any fellow Knotties, please don't hesitate to ask  :)

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Wedding planning went pretty smooth ... I just had a hard time sticking to my diet  :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad this is going very welll.
    It was very nice to meet you :
    Sierra
    Jody
    Cathy
    Rebecca
    Rachel
    Jennifer

I look forward to getting closer to you ladies, and sharing advice tips & etc... Keep the introductions going ladies till the end of the week!
  • Options
    kimikins79kimikins79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename): Kim
    Location: Live in Mt. Laurel, NJ, getting married in Mt. Laurel with a reception in Berlin, NJ
    Wedding Date: March 27, 2010
    Theme of wedding: Contemporary traditional (if that is possible) - black and white damask with fuschia.  

What has been your favorite purchase so far:
    My shoes and rally towels for the reception!
    Where is your venue:  Lucien's Manor in Berlin, NJ

Just say something about yourself:  I am super crafty!  I make jewelry, crochet, knit, cross stitch, paint, and just love anything that I can do with my own two hands!  I love good books and movies and adore our puppy princess Bailee.  She's a spoiled dog - I don't leave her alone except to go to work and have an awesome family that will babysit her for me!  (She has separation issues that we're working on).

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning?  My control issues have become a problem.  I want to organize and take on too many projects and make everything perfect.  I need to figure out a way to just let some things go...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename): Jennifer
    Wedding Date: We are renew our vows real July 23, 2010 it was my grandparents wedding day
    Theme of wedding: Victoria pink, gold and lace
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: my ribbon wrapped candles
    Where is your venue:  having on my parents house on top of a moutiane in the catskills, NY

Just say something about yourself:  I am started my own business up and I have been want to do these for a very long time. my life is my husband and my little boys. I love to cook, read, and crafts.

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Not sure if I should have my wedding in south jersey or up on my parents house.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename): Sonya
    Wedding Date: October 17, 2010
    Theme of wedding: Modern - Teal and silver
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: my dress
    Where is your venue:  The Merion - Cinnaminson, NJ

Just say something about yourself:  I have been really laid back about the whole wedding planning.  I work two jobs (even though I don't have to and really shouldn't) and have an awesome friend that has done so much running around for me.  It definitely has helped to keep the stress level down.  A good support system around you during your planning stages is very important!

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? My father passed about two years ago and not being to have him there to walk me down the aisle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello & nice meeting you:
    Kim
    Jennifer
    Sonya

Well i can update my favorite purchase .... I just paid off the rest of my dress and everything yesterday !!! woo hoo!!
  • Options
    sbf2sbf2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename): Sara
    Wedding Date: Sept. 26, 2010
    Theme of wedding: Fun, beachy, vintagey...not really focusing on any real theme...can 'us' be a theme?
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: love the dress too, but the most fun has been purchasing the OOT bags (Sand buckets) at Christmas Tree Shop
    Where is your venue:   Cape May

Just say something about yourself:   I love the knot too, it does a good job of keeping me entertained when work gets slow. I'm an engineer, play the violin, like to run & bike, garden, and I LOVE wine. I currently work full-time and go to night school so wedding planning is my lowest priority...luckily I'm an organized person and can juggle it all.

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? In general, trying not to let the stress of wedding planning take over my life. theknot is good for letting me vent the frustrations/keeping me organized so I stay on track and don't let it overwhelm me.
  • Options
    preciousa721preciousa721 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename):  Alyssa
    Wedding Date: June 5, 2010
    Theme of wedding: classic.  color: creamy baby yellow and ivory
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: dress
    Where is your venue:  Greate Bay Country Club Somers point, NJ

Just say something about yourself:   I love family, summer, italian food, and the beach.  I am student teaching right now and can't wait to become a teacher!!!

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Not being able to make decisions.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello Sara & Alyssa

Sara: Yeah I love the Christmas Tree Shop! AMAZING lol ..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ame(or screename): Serena
    Wedding Date: October 23, 2040
    Theme of wedding: Bright, vibrant and fun.   Our main colors are violet, yellow and cream. 
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: like most people, the dress!
    Where is your venue:  Lucien's Manor

Just say something about yourself:  I'm a nurse and love almost every second of my job.   I'm an adrenaline junky and love skiing, running and the shore.  I also love trolling the knot forums, but mostly for entertainment rather then planning. 

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Mostly just keeping myself organized.  I'm a little too laid back at times and I'm a chronic procrastinator.  I will do nothing for a couple weeks and then panic thinking I'm running out of time.  Lucky my FI is way more on top of things then I am. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name(or screename):  Jasmin
    Wedding Date: August 8th, 2010
    Theme of wedding: Us. With colours of black, white, shades of purple and green to tie everything together.
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: It's a toss up between my dress and my shoes.
    Where is your venue:  Seaview Resort, Galloway

Just say something about yourself: I'm a stay-at-home mom, not by choice, with a love of scifi, Greek Mythology, Japanese arts, and baking.

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Not having job has not only shrunk our budget, but staying home all day has added a few extra pounds.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello & Nice meeting you :
    Serena and Jasmin.

jaslugo: i like your quote thingy lol
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls sorry I'm so late with this post. I've been in Seattle all week and now in Vancouver. Just wanted to quickly post this about myself.

Name(or screename): Diana/Northstar1808
    Wedding Date: September 25, 2010
    Theme of wedding: Destinations/squares.  Everything is square, cardboxes, centerpieces, invites, and cake.  Destinations/travel is our main theme because we've spent a lot of time apart  so we've travelled a lot.  So we are naming all our tables after places we've been to. Our colors are burgundy, gold, and sage green.
    What has been your favorite purchase so far: my dress and our wedding bands
    Where is your venue:  Venice Plaza, Berlin

Just say something about yourself:  I am definitely addicted to wedding shows and the knot. I love to watch hockey.  I also love dancing, kayaking, and traveling. I went to grad school for forensic sciences so I hope that one day soon the governement will get enough money to hire me!  Preferably in NJ because I love everyone who works there.

What are some problems that have been bothering you during your wedding planning? Trying to find a battery operated water pump that will pump water vertically, specifically 30'' high, which we eventually found.  The problems we are facing now is creating our centerpieces and our ceremony background pieces. Oh and getting my cousin to make me my monogram in a more timely fashion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards