Georgia-Atlanta

Need help making a $15K budget wedding in Atlanta happen!!

I was giving a total wedding budget of $20K, to include the honeymoon. The guest count will be anywhere from 100-125 people. I've toured at least 10 facilities and I just don't see anyway to make it happen. I knkow a wedding planner would really help, but I have the time and really believe I can do this on my own. Anyone plan an Atlanta wedding within this budget range? Any venue/catering suggestions??

Re: Need help making a $15K budget wedding in Atlanta happen!!

• edited December 2011
    I was giving a total wedding budget of $20K, to include the honeymoon. The guest count will be anywhere from 100-125 people. I've toured at least 10 facilities and I just don't see anyway to make it happen. I knkow a wedding planner would really help, but I have the time and really believe I can do this on my own. Anyone plan an Atlanta wedding within this budget range? Any venue/catering suggestions??
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried your local board?  This board is international, so you'd have better luck finding Atlanta vendors on the Atlanta board :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can be done and I imagine plenty of girls on here have been successful at doing so.  Are you open to any part of Atlanta? Indoor/outdoor?  Time of year? 
    The biggest thing you should watch for is rental fee of facility - that will undoubtedly eat up a fair chunk of budget..
  • edited December 2011

Thank you for responding!  I'm open to any part of Atlanta. My date is June 26, 2011, which is a Sunday. Preferably indoor, but I'm willing to compromise

• ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  found  a  great caterer for 10pp if  interested ive think ive investigated  every place  in atlanta to  find  a place if you  would  like the  information email me  at red400058@yahoo.com.the  facility  fees  does  eat up  a good chunk of  it though.
  • edited December 2011
    We can help you more if you ask specific questions about specific parts like, "I'm willing to pay 7K for a venue" or "I need a dress under 1K" -- like that.

You don't need a wedding coordinator for the planning process if you've got time. But I would use a day of coordinator.
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_need-making-15k-budget-wedding-atlanta-happen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:58Discussion:050b7b50-3af6-4b11-a4a6-75e44fc024aePost:f968900f-210e-47c3-8aee-a75a0369e123">Re: Need help making a $15K budget wedding in Atlanta happen!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We can help you more if you ask specific questions about specific parts like, "I'm willing to pay 7K for a venue" or "I need a dress under 1K" -- like that. You don't need a wedding coordinator for the planning process if you've got time. But I would use a day of coordinator.
    Posted by annetastic071710[/QUOTE]

THIS. Let us know how we can help. You have more than enough of a budget.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah....I definitely have some venue recs for you if you tell us what type of place you're interested in. I know you said inside, but are you looking for a venue just for the reception or a venue that can have the ceremony AND reception.

Just off hand, I can think of the Solarium, Roswell River Landing, KTN Ballroom. Let us know what you're looking to do in detail and we can help.
  • edited December 2011
    I would second The Solarium. Not sure where you live, but they give a discount for individuals who live within their zipcode (30030) and it's a reasonable rental even without the discount.
  • dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rental fee for Park Tavern is only $1,500 for a Friday or Sunday.
  • dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops, I hit "post" too quickly!  You do have to use Park Tavern's catering, but the food/drink minimum is only $4,000 and they are very flexible with the menus.  I am getting married there in April on a Friday and have about 115 guests and my budget is $16,000.  I am coming way under budget by doing lots of DIY projects (invitations, save the dates, favors, etc.).  It’s totally possible if you have the time!!  Good luck!

• TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Trolley Barn (Dekalb County) and Gala Special Events Facility (Cobb County) let you bring your own catering, alcohol, etc. They both have indoor and outside space.  The last time I looked at the Gala website, it said that you had to use their caterer, but when I visited the space in June, the owner said you can bring your own food or use your own caterer.  She also said she'd be willing to work within people's budgets.  I think you could do a nice wedding at either of those places for $15K.
  • n82ureluvr915n82ureluvr915 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    WOW!! Thanks for all the GREAT responses!! I'm looking for a venue where I can hold the ceremony AND reception. I'm not very particular about whether its inside or a garden ceremony. I'd like to keep the reception costs at 8K if I could. I have plans to DIY the invitations, save the dates and programs. Dzjenna are you having alcohol at your reception?
  • dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    necquent - yes, we are having alcohol.  The food/drink minimum combined is $4K and we will probably come in at $5K.  So with the ceremony/reception site fee, it's a total of about $7K.  They are VERY flexible, and the lady I'm working with basically told me I would never hear her say "no", and that we could work out anything.  So far, I'm having a good experience with them!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey - have you heard of a place called the Hazlehurst House? They are pretty flexible on letting use outside caterers, etc. And they will work to fit in your budget.
    You can have the wedding and the reception there too.
    Here's their site - http://www.hazlehursthouse.net
    Video here: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=447882544048
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great responses ladies!  Mharrich, i really liked the Hazelhurst House, but my mom fell in LOVE with Villa Christina. So we have a venue now!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards