Wisconsin

Fun wisconsin wedding venues?!

My fiance and I are looking for a more casual, outdoor wedding ceremony & reception location- anyone have ideas??

Re: Fun wisconsin wedding venues?!

• edited December 2011
    Wisconsin is a pretty big state... what part are you in?

Near Madison, in Mt. Horeb, you can get married at Tyrol Basin - a ski hill.  Guests and the bride and groom can ride the chair lift to the top of the hill for the reception.  The ski lodge is used for the receptions. 

On the St. Croix river you can rent paddle boats out of Stillwater, MN to host a wedding and reception. 

There is a list of barns on this site:  http://www.thebarnjournal.org/resource/event_barns.html
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Tyrol Basin is beautiful - better during the cooler times because the reception venue only has window units.
    The Railroad Museum in Green Bay is a phenomenal reception site.
    There is the Agora Pavilion in Fitchburg. Though the tent may not seem impressive at first, it is really nice, has beautiful gardens all around, and sunset is amazing. I had a bride and groom's reception last year - July. It was one of my favorites!
  • edited December 2011
    Since I may be looking for a new venue, I'm wondering the same thing for the Dells! But for indoor.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Oct. 2012 Dec Siggy
    Favorite Thing About the Holidays
    Our Tree(Is it Bears or Broncos?) & Of Course!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin in Milwaukee is awesome! A friend of mine got married there and I have been there for work events - they have such cool things inside and they will set up a beautiful tent outside if that is your preference. 
    BabyName Ticker
  • jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Milwaukee there are several options.  If you are looking for casual, check out the county parks.  Many couples use the South Shore Pavilion at South Shore Park.  The ceremony would be outdoors with an indoor reception overlooking the lake.  With the windows open it would feel like being outside.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know of a barn that is close to the Milwaukee area that will host a wedding? 
  • CanariesCanaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    old world wisconsin in eagle. that is where i am having my reception. if u have your ceremony there too u can arrive in horse and carriage. and there is a horse/carrigae ride that accomidates up to 14 people to have u and wedding party on to go around and take pictures. it only holds up to 175 people.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are getting married at the Milford Hills Hunt Club in Johnson Creek at the end of this month.  Our ceremony and reception are going to be there and we fell in love with this venue!
  • gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards