Not Engaged Yet

Who's Here?

Re: Who's Here?

• My Monday was opened with my Daddy sending me a four-text-long text telling me that the cat that we've had since I was 9 died early Sunday morning. Daddy was so brokenhearted that he slept all day yesterday and then couldn't bring himself to tell me. I spent the first couple of hours (and at random times during the day) crying. I'm pretty devastated ._.

• I am glad to hear you are ok moocow.  That sounds scary though. 
    I'm exhausted and feel bad that I didn't work out today I like intended.  I went to church tongiht and was so exhausted I thought I was going to pass out.  I had small glass of wine and a snack and about to head to bed soon. I am no fun at all I know.  BF is calling soon.

I love LOTR Return of the King such a good movie. I hope everything gets resolved with Comcast soon Drew... I hate dealing with Comcast, they are the worst....

Anniversary

• Mookow sounds like Costiocondroitis. Last fall I got it for the first time. I get it all the time now when old Arthur flares. They give me steroids which pulls down the inflammation because mine is caused my condition. The last round I had I resorted to narcotics during the day something I've never done before, made the car trip to NY short though.

I hope you feel better chest pain is horrid :(
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Is your FI still on the phone with them, Drew?  I hope you guys refused to pay that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:837c29d4-18d5-4b93-93fe-a6ce11fd284c">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Monday was opened with my Daddy sending me a four-text-long text telling me that the cat that we've had since I was 9 died early Sunday morning. Daddy was so brokenhearted that he slept all day yesterday and then couldn't bring himself to tell me. I spent the first couple of hours (and at random times during the day) crying. I'm pretty devastated ._.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]<div>Hugs, I'm so sorry this bring tears to my eyes, saying good bye to a pet is so sad.

</div>

Anniversary

• Glad you're okay Moo.  Hopefully the pain gets better soon!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:1d0a6302-6b48-4bbb-bd3a-05c7c7345c0a">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mookow sounds like Costiocondroitis. Last fall I got it for the first time. I get it all the time now when old Arthur flares. They give me steroids which pulls down the inflammation because mine is caused my condition. The last round I had I resorted to narcotics during the day something I've never done before, made the car trip to NY short though. I hope you feel better chest pain is horrid :(
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]
    Yep that's what they told me it was :( I'm sorry you get it a lot. It's really freaky.
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:a166e800-bfe4-41ae-b6a0-d7dba2917e0e">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is your FI still on the phone with them, Drew?  I hope you guys refused to pay that.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>No, he hung up because no one was connecting them with a supervisor. He won't pay a penny more than what our August bill is supposed to be. That's why he handles that stuff. I'd cave when I thought I had a good enough deal. </div><div>
    </div><div>Moo, "for no good reason" does that mean it's an indicator of something really really wrong or it does it just because?</div><div>
    </div><div>Still, I'm so so sorry about Boo. He's at peace now, but that still doesn't make the pain any easier.</div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:837c29d4-18d5-4b93-93fe-a6ce11fd284c">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Monday was opened with my Daddy sending me a four-text-long text telling me that the cat that we've had since I was 9 died early Sunday morning. Daddy was so brokenhearted that he slept all day yesterday and then couldn't bring himself to tell me. I spent the first couple of hours (and at random times during the day) crying. I'm pretty devastated ._.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear this :( Losing a pet you've had a long time is so hard they become a family member.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:34c7d63e-3f64-4ce1-881d-1f5e557d32ab">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : Yep that's what they told me it was :( I'm sorry you get it a lot. It's really freaky.
    Posted by mookow86[/QUOTE]

If you have a heating pad putting this on your chest may help. I have one that has rice in it and it goes in the microwave it helps a lot.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:837c29d4-18d5-4b93-93fe-a6ce11fd284c">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I went through almost the exact same thing a year ago.  It was a cat I'd had since 3rd grade and even though she was living with my dad, she was my baby.  I read his email telling me of her passing while I was out in public with my aunt and cousin.  It was awful.  I was so heartbroken.  I kept dissolving into tears for days.

It's just so hard.  And everyone tells you "Oh, he/she had such a good long life" but that's really not the point, is it?

I'm so sorry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:b47aa189-05d7-46fa-a290-241632b7c962">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : If you have a heating pad putting this on your chest may help. I have one that has rice in it and it goes in the microwave it helps a lot.
    Posted by dewingedpixie[/QUOTE]
    Ooh thanks for the tip!

• Pixie, that's so exciting that y'all are making the move official! How is the kidlet feeling about it all? I know finally sharing that space with your SO is really exciting and trying all at the same time. I hope you find it more exciting than trying. :)

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:f05405d1-93ba-49bf-80cb-8d6169e8164c">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Elle and Peek! Yeah they told me they think it's costochondritis which is like an iflammation of the cartilage around your ribs/breastbone, which they pretty much can't do anything about except give you pain meds.

<div>What does that feel like?  I have been having intermittent chest pain, usually off to the left side, a few inches up from my rib cage, and the pain occurs when I inhale.  It usually goes away on its own, but lasted up to half a day once.  Is that like what happened to you?  Sorry for TMI!</div>

• I'm here... I should go to bed, but my brain is racing, and i have no motivation for anything right now.

• Woah.  Dew, YGPM in like 2 min.
    I french with my man
  • I'm heading to bed at least I'm going to try, will probably wind up reading for another half an hour or so.  I'm addicted to this series.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:529d745c-a74e-481d-96bf-ad7894d9be5d">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : What does that feel like?  I have been having intermittent chest pain, usually off to the left side, a few inches up from my rib cage, and the pain occurs when I inhale.  It usually goes away on its own, but lasted up to half a day once.  Is that like what happened to you?  Sorry for TMI!
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]
    Yeah that sounds pretty similar. My pain was on my left side, a little bit above my heart. It hurt more when I breathed out. And it is like a sharp stabby kind of pain. Does it hurt when you put pressure on the area? The doc was like pressing all around my ribs and found the localized spot where it was hurting and said that type of symptom is typical of the condition too.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:6c6f0511-3223-4421-9719-d7e200a24386">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woah.  Dew, YGPM in like 2 min.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm intrigued what the Woah was for. Lol. </div><div>
    </div><div>Irish, I am sending you all the hugs I can. </div>

• I'm here.  Just got home from work about 30 minutes ago.  I have no motivation to move off the couch now.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:9da77cf1-8646-490c-876e-15b6864b3584">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : I'm intrigued what the Woah was for. Lol.  Irish, I am sending you all the hugs I can. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, love. It is greatly appreciated. BF lovingly reminded me I'm not a good sad/concerned drunk - so going and buying vodka probably wasn't the best idea - so i'm sitting here trying to will myself into being sleepy.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:404af067-03d3-4775-8d46-860b4b82c095">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : Yeah that sounds pretty similar. My pain was on my left side, a little bit above my heart. It hurt more when I breathed out. And it is like a sharp stabby kind of pain. Does it hurt when you put pressure on the area? The doc was like pressing all around my ribs and found the localized spot where it was hurting and said that type of symptom is typical of the condition too.

<div>Oh, that's what that pain is? Okay, yea that does feel kind of like a heart attack. I've had it a couple of times. </div>

• Stillwell, I am so sorry to hear the news about your childhood pet.  Hugs going out to you!

pixie, I was so excited when FI and I moved in together.  Kiddo and he have a great relationship.  I was never great with getting down on the floor and just playing.  I can do the talks, the homework, reading, encouraging, and all the other mundane mommy stuff.  FI can be like a big kid, so they will play most every night: light sabers, made up games with random crap around the house, hide and seek, and so on.  It has been so great for her and for me to see us as a family!

• <div>Goodnight Danser!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:594989b1-df71-460b-af9f-8b69bed4ad7f">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : Thanks, love. It is greatly appreciated. BF lovingly reminded me I'm not a good sad/concerned drunk - so going and buying vodka probably wasn't the best idea - so i'm sitting here trying to will myself into being sleepy.
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>My BFF and I established tonight we're not alcoholics, we just use alcohol to cope with our stress and we're stressed out all the time. </div><div>
    </div><div>Do you have any good books around you can get lost in? </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:cb19df86-4635-423f-b7e8-7c34050d983f">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Goodnight Danser! In Response to Re: Who's Here? : My BFF and I established tonight we're not alcoholics, <strong>we just use alcohol to cope with our stress and we're stressed out all the time.</strong>  Do you have any good books around you can get lost in? 
    LOL! This! <3<div>
    </div><div>No. I finished the Hunger Games and haven't been able to get into anything else. I could work on Tarra's blanket, but my wrist is bugging me - so I don't want to crochet right now.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:e1def565-c82c-4c86-b50c-3ccba04384e9">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here.  Just got home from work about 30 minutes ago.  I have no motivation to move off the couch now.
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

<div>I know what you mean. The only reason I have pj pants on is because I went pee and my pants were in the bathroom, so I changed. Then I went back to the couch. </div>

• I'm really sorry, stillwell :( Thinking about you.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:e579d510-309a-44a4-9348-b895b6d30b69">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : LOL! This! <3 No. I finished the Hunger Games and haven't been able to get into anything else. I could work on Tarra's blanket, but my wrist is bugging me - so I don't want to crochet right now.
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>Reread the Hunger Games. Just to take your mind off things. When you get off of here, of course. I know our thrilling dialoge is captivating and awe-inspiring.</div><div>
    </div><div>Yea, we have a mutual friend (not so much my friend anymore) who confronted my BFF and told her she was concerned my BFF was an alcoholic and that BFF needed help. We drink a shitton, but we're not alcoholics. We can function just fine without a drink. Most days. (<--- that's a joke, don't take me seriously.)</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:404af067-03d3-4775-8d46-860b4b82c095">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : Yeah that sounds pretty similar. My pain was on my left side, a little bit above my heart. It hurt more when I breathed out. And it is like a sharp stabby kind of pain. Does it hurt when you put pressure on the area? The doc was like pressing all around my ribs and found the localized spot where it was hurting and said that type of symptom is typical of the condition too.

<div>I remember pressing around, trying to locate "the spot" when FI asked me if I was okay.  I couldn't locate it.  If it happens more/pain gets worse, I might get it checked out.  Either way, I am glad you are feeling better now.  That student health center can suck it for not seeing you!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos-here-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:81194f30-1c81-4a8d-90b1-b320b75d20ecPost:313dc31c-77dc-4323-aded-56115995ad2f">Re: Who's Here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's Here? : Reread the Hunger Games. Just to take your mind off things. When you get off of here, of course. I know our thrilling dialoge is captivating and awe-inspiring. Yea, we have a mutual friend (not so much my friend anymore) who confronted my BFF and told her she was concerned my BFF was an alcoholic and that BFF needed help. We drink a shitton, but we're not alcoholics. We can function just fine without a drink. Most days. (<--- that's a joke, don't take me seriously.)

<div>I actually gave them back to my sister last weekend. I don't think I even have any books in the apartment that aren't text books or BF's history books/teaching materials.</div><div>
    </div><div>You and your BFF sound like me and mine. :) <3 </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards