Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thursday night

Re: Thursday night

• J- Sesh has been around when people were posting her book name and she didn't say anything to them.  I thought the same thing at first like, GUYS PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHO SHE IS, but she didn't seem to care.
  • I'm almost never in the morning threads-between being on PDT and not always getting up early, they're ususally finished. I usually read them though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Poke, Not Gonna Tell Ya Here. Super good story about family and magic but super sad at the end. Uffda. 

edited to protect sesh?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:93a786b0-fe4b-4910-8a58-fe4e32daa529">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : I will also answer to this. Guys?  I think posting the names of Sesh's book(s) is a poor choice.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>Even with her blog link in her sig which lists them all? That's the only reason I didn't think it was a big deal. </div><div>
    </div><div>I will edit if you think so. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:67a7e76b-87ac-4adf-88e8-6eb106d2d057">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]J- Sesh has been around when people were posting her book name and she didn't say anything to them.  I thought the same thing at first like, GUYS PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHO SHE IS, but she didn't seem to care.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh. She's always PM'd the titles in the past, hence my...hesitance.</div>
  • Aryn - I do think we have posted in the same thread because I remember her username but I do think we did start posting around the same time. 

I need to find a new sigpic, too bad all the ones I have off FI & I are terrible and we dont have any new ones. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:0dc4d3a6-ff3c-40d3-80e5-4c1d21f42aa3">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Yeeeeah, it's not done under a pen name or anything. 
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>Right until now I thought she did use a pen name and that's why she was so cool with it and had the link to her blog with her 'pen name' on here. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:67a7e76b-87ac-4adf-88e8-6eb106d2d057">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]J- Sesh has been around when people were posting her book name and she didn't say anything to them.  I thought the same thing at first like, GUYS PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHO SHE IS, but she didn't seem to care.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I still think posting that stuff should be only her decision to make.  I don't like it.  I mean, honestly, she could flat out say "I don't care if you do," and I know her blog is in her sig, which makes it easy to find her, but I still don' tlike it. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I think Sesh posted the names herself before. I heard about one in a thread she was in anyway.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:256a6f01-8843-452a-8771-1232d5980498">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Right until now I thought she did use a pen name and that's why she was so cool with it and had the link to her blog with her 'pen name' on here. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>Welp, now I'm the asshole that told everyone her name.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:b5c11a8b-7962-417a-9fa2-8244fd3fbdb9">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : Oh. She's always PM'd the titles in the past, hence my...hesitance.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Yup, this too.

• HA Ohhh the cake. I'm still hoping to get the photog to take a CAKE OF TRIUMPH photo at the wedding for you guys.

Alright, I'm out, I need to get to bed. See you later, ladies!
  • Dileni, it doesn't have to be of you and your FI. It doesn't even need to be one of you. Just a sig picture to identify yourself. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:93a786b0-fe4b-4910-8a58-fe4e32daa529">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : I will also answer to this. Guys?  I think posting the names of Sesh's book(s) is a poor choice.

<div>I was just going to say this, but I'm slow tonight.</div>
  • Yeah, I thought I remembered hearing something about her having a pen name. Sorry : s
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:d3b6feef-396d-4341-b054-1adc50c3d5fd">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Sesh posted the names herself before. I heard about one in a thread she was in anyway.
    Posted by tracym77[/QUOTE]

But, IMO, that's still her call to make.  She's not here to make the call, so I don't like it. 

I'm done now and I'm not going to make a huge deal about it, but it's one of those things where I wouldn't have felt right NOT saying something.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:6e229fb3-38e0-49c8-a827-8cec66042d8e">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dileni, it doesn't have to be of you and your FI. It doesn't even need to be one of you. Just a sig picture to identify yourself. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    <div>That's true, not sure why I didnt think of that. I think I'll put one of my pup up tomorrow morning.</div><div>
    </div><div>Till then, goodnight ladies! </div>

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I took the book name out. I didn't think about the whole internet safety thing.

It is a really good book, though. Even though it made me cry!
  • If Sesh takes issue with it, I won't do it anymore. But I think she has stated in the past that she is well aware of how one might find out her name or books from here. She just doesn't do it herself because of the whole vendor thing so that's why she PMs. People have talked about her other book titles on SB for a long time and she hasn't said ish about it.
  • Goodnight, Snail!

• Yeah, I thought that she had a pen name too.  But, TBH, when I asked about her books, I told her to PM me if she didn't want to post the title on the board. But I did that because I wasn't sure if TK would object to her posting the title because of advertising? Still, I haven't seen any objections to posting the titles from her on other threads. Unless I've just missed those posts.

In the future, I won't mention the titles. Just to be safe. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:09672d1c-cc30-44b0-ac80-1d8b3d651d61">Re:Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]If Sesh takes issue with it, I won't do it anymore. But I think she has stated in the past that she is well aware of how one might find out her name or books from here. She just doesn't do it herself because of the whole vendor thing so that's why she PMs. People have talked about her other book titles on SB for a long time and she hasn't said ish about it.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>This. Especially the vendor concern. </div><div>
    </div><div>I remember lurking when Chelsea posted a link to the book and she said it wasn't a big deal. I edited the posts though. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Hey J, I wanted to tell you that your exercising of late has inspired me to do the same! So, yeah. Thanks for helping me not to be a fatty and die young and such. (BIG HUGS) 

ETA that even if we really saw each other IRL, my arms are so damn sore from working out that it'd be impossible to actually hug you. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:83b7f9b6-11cb-4455-a439-045747601f23">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey J, I wanted to tell you that your exercising of late has inspired me to do the same! So, yeah. Thanks for helping me not to be a fatty and die young and such. (BIG HUGS)
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

So, my swimming like 3 times?  Haha, but good, I'm glad :)  Dying young is bad news.    And I sort of like you, so I'm glad you're exercising!

• See I always thought of the vendor thing as a vendor can't post an advert in a thread, but it was cool if someone posted about how they used a vendor and said venor was great, or that they'd recommend them.  Like in local threads...those "Can you recommend a caterer or photographer" type threads.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thursday-night-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f92e0f80-3a58-43ad-afd6-856d3ae4e3e6Post:990a9b19-05d0-4d70-8b00-2b1cbe9e4551">Re: Thursday night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday night : So, my swimming like 3 times?  Haha, but good, I'm glad :)  Dying young is bad news.    And I sort of like you, so I'm glad you're exercising!

<div>Yeah, the dying young thing is scary. So is looking like a fat-ass in DD's wedding pics. </div>
  • I think once it stops being 95+ outside I'm going to start walking again. Before the wedding I would go for walks to blow off steam if I was feeling anxious/angry/depressed. Now it's just too damn hot so when those feelings hit I'm just stuck. 
  • I was going to go walk on the treadmill again today, but I took a 2 hour nap and woke up with a headache instead... tomorrow is another day.
  • I keep inhaling too much water to be able to swim properly. And then H lost his goggles, so he stole mine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards