Ohio-Toledo

Know of any student photographers?

Do any of you happen to know a great student photographer who would like to shoot my wedding to get some experience? Preferably one who has done a wedding before.

I'm starting to get very stressed out trying to find a photographer that will fit into our budget.  We are both students ourselves and don't make a lot of money, so seeing photography packages in the thousands is really starting to freak me out.

And our wedding is this July! If we wait any longer to try and save up money, everyone will be booked.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Know of any student photographers?

• Heathc123Heathc123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you post an ad on craigslist...or call UT
    image 279 Made the cut!
    image 81 Are ready to party! image 39 Are missing out!
  • catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep.  I sent you a PM with her info.

She was my MOH in my wedding, so not my photographer.  She went to school at BGSU.  Majored in Art Education, with a minor in Photography.  She just graduated in December, so not a student anymore, but close enough.

She has done a couple weddings.  I know she doesn't charge absurd amounts, and she usually gives you a CD with all the photographs on it.  Feel free to email her.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget? And what day in July?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would also possibly interested in a student photographer, if i could get that information also.  My wedding is May 15 2011. 
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_of-student-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:81e3832a-2d9e-4f2d-ad04-9a2d54327db6Post:c45c2c99-87a4-4148-b1a5-5f0b6dace4d5">Re: Know of any student photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would also possibly interested in a student photographer, if i could get that information also.  My wedding is May 15 2011. 
    Posted by bree178[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM
    ---------
    Anniversary

• akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd call the UT art department, I am a student there and I know many of the teachers will pass the note on to students who may be interested. 419 530 8337. Also contact Deb Orloff- she is head of the photo dept. deborah.orloff@utoledo.edu. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jesselyn&kjesselyn&k member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our budget is a maximum of $800. Our wedding is July 30, 2011.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My photographer is Kellie at icandy photography and our package is $1300.00 if I remember correctly. We get a disk with the pictures.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been e-mailing photographers like crazy and the lowest I've been able to shimmy one of them down to seems to be $1000. So we'll probably end up going with a student. And all I want is 7-8 hours of coverage and a CD with our pictures. No e-session, no fancy albums...

Does anyone else feel like Toledo is flooded with photographers that all charge the same thing? You'd think there would be at least ONE that would be cheaper. Sheesh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_of-student-photographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:81e3832a-2d9e-4f2d-ad04-9a2d54327db6Post:6ffc0ed5-7489-478d-be39-ade8aa31cc55">Re: Know of any student photographers?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been e-mailing photographers like crazy and the lowest I've been able to shimmy one of them down to seems to be $1000. So we'll probably end up going with a student. And all I want is 7-8 hours of coverage and a CD with our pictures. No e-session, no fancy albums... Does anyone else feel like Toledo is flooded with photographers that all charge the same thing? You'd think there would be at least ONE that would be cheaper. Sheesh.
    Posted by jesselyn&k[/QUOTE]

Email the girl I PM'ed you about.  Seriously.

And 7-8 hours is a lot TBH.  I hope you're planning on including them in your catering bill so that they can eat, too.
    ---------
    Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are definitely planning on feeding them. That won't be an issue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
       Our photographer is Jeff Jones of Snap It Photography.  We are paying him $750 for seven hours of coverage.  Our wedding is in July as well, and I know he's trying not to book himself too much for next year, but you could at least give him a try.

One of my very best friends, Sarah Modene, is also an excellent photographer, and the only reason she is not doing our wedding is because she is in the wedding.  She is currently working on getting a more professional website up, but for now you can see her work here.  She has done two weddings, and I'm not entirely sure of what her prices are right now, but I know you would NOT be disappointed if you chose her.  I don't think her contact information is on that website, so if you would like her email address, just let me know.

Hope that helps!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Jls35Jls35 member
    First Comment
    I need her info as well. TY.

In Response to Re:Know of any student photographers?:[QUOTE]Yep.nbsp; I sent you a PM with her info.She was my MOH in my wedding, so not my photographer.nbsp; She went to school at BGSU.nbsp; Majored in Art Education, with a minor in Photography.nbsp; She just graduated in December, so not a student anymore, but close enough.She has done a couple weddings.nbsp; I know she doesn't charge absurd amounts, and she usually gives you a CD with all the photographs on it.nbsp; Feel free to email her. Posted by catarntina[/QUOTE]
  • Jls35Jls35 member
    First Comment
    I need her info as well. TY!

In Response to Re:Know of any student photographers?:[QUOTE]nbsp;nbsp; Our photographer is Jeff Jones of Snap It Photography.nbsp; We are paying him 750 for seven hours of coverage.nbsp; Our wedding is in July as well, and I know he's trying not to book himself too much for next year, but you could at least give him a try.nbsp;nbsp; One of my very best friends, Sarah Modene,nbsp;is also an excellent photographer, and the only reason she is not doing our wedding is because she is in the wedding.nbsp; She is currently working on getting a more professional website up, but for now you can see her work here.nbsp; She has done two weddings, and I'm not entirely sure of what her prices are right now, but I know you would NOT be disappointed if you chose her.nbsp; I don't think her contact information is on that website, so if you would like her email address, just let me know.nbsp;nbsp; Hope that helps! Posted by thereisbeautyhotmail.com[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards