Ohio-Toledo

Pearson Park Ceremony

My fiance and I are getting married at Pearson Park in September.  After going out to look at the site in greater detail we've noticed there isn't any power close by for music.  Has anyone had their ceremony at that park or had a similar situation? 

Re: Pearson Park Ceremony

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married there in October at the flagpole location.  There isn't anyplace for power right around there.  We called the park to ask about this, and they told us that any amplified music was not allowed anyway.  We ended up having a string trio for all of our ceremony music.  It was an extra cost that we didn't expect, but it ended up working out wonderfully.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!  I'm not sure what we'll do for music right now but we have a few ideas so I'm sure something will work out. 

How did you arrange the chairs and where did you guys stand? 
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didn't want the road to be a big distraction, so we set up the chairs back a bit further in the field.  There are two large trees in that field and we placed an arch between those trees and set the chairs up so that the backs were to the road.  I thought the trees made a nice natural focal point and I really liked it.  The only concern I would have is if anyone on your guest list really has a hard time walking or is in a wheelchair, it may not be ideal for them.

Here is a link to a picture of people sitting down before the ceremony and you can kind of see how things are arranged.  We had about 80-90 people at the ceremony if that gives you an idea compared to your guest list.

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=1621992023/PictureID=46253766023/a=1930051023_1930051023/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Something else that you may not know is that the building right across the street from this location has a room that you can sit in that is for watching wildlife.  This is always unlocked and opened to the public as far as I know.  We had the whole bridal party waiting in there while people were being seated.  That worked out really well.

We also reserved the Macomber Lodge for the day in case of rain.  The peace of mind of having this as a back up location was totally worth the $150.  We also used the lodge for getting dressed and just as a central meeting place for everyone and our vendors.  It didn't even rain and I still felt like we used this building quite a lot.

Alriight, I've rambled enough for one post.  If I can offer any other ideas, just ask!

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your help and advice!!  We can thankfully use our reception site in case of rain but hopefully that won't happen.  We also will probably have about 220 people at the wedding so I will have to play around with the location and layout. 
  • Hello!
    I also reserved the Flag pole area for my wedding. Were you able to pick where you wanted to setup the chairs in that area? Or are you only allowed to use the field directly behind it? I was looking for the field to the right of it. I have some family members that it may be a problem to walk that far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards