Snarky Brides

Let's Fight!

Re: Let's Fight!

• We don't have many side walks here. Reason number 500 why MS is one of the fattest states.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:3c5a876c-3d54-4635-b350-c1ce18316fbd">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sparent- we're a dry county and don't have bars.
    Posted by VeggieLove1022[/QUOTE]

O.O Mind blown. That makes sense then. We have movie theaters that serve alcohol and food in the theater that are 21 and over. I pay more to go there to avoid all the people at regular theaters
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:3c5a876c-3d54-4635-b350-c1ce18316fbd">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sparent- we're a dry county and don't have bars.

The kids would be a lot less annoying if you did!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:442f5f91-3d72-4162-996b-43fd674d472c">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Wouldn't that be the bar?
    Posted by sparent2010[/QUOTE]

Not really. When FI and I go to the bar at B-dubs there are kids running all over there (yes in the bar section) because their parents are there.
    June 16, 2012
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:e631a181-a991-4817-a944-46f30e4dc149">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Not really. When FI and I go to the bar at B-dubs there are kids running all over there (yes in the bar section) because their parents are there.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

Why are kids in the bar?

ETA: I thought you have to be 21 and over by law?

DJ- No, I don't hate her.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That was kind of a pr because I am getting back to work from lunch now. See ya!
  • I wish bike lanes were separate from the right lane of traffic.  In some neighborhoods they are, but not by me.  

Some vanity plates are amusing, but only when I'm bored on a long car trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Thanks, dmills. And, it was Kcullen? I don't remember that at all. I need to pay more attention.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:fcd21e6f-b736-4793-ada0-94e51a76f522">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]An UO- every restaurant should have an adults only section, even if it's only a few tables. It'd totally be worth the wait to me.  My mom ran an in-home daycare ever since I was little and if I never heard a screaming kid while I tried to enjoy dinner and drinks with H again, that'd be just fine with me.  I hate when a child is screaming at the top of their lungs and the parents ignore him/her. That's great if that's your parenting style, but I'd love a table away from that mess. 
    Same with airplanes.  They should have a family section.  Obviously you'd still hear the kid screaming, but they wouldn't be kicking your damn seat.
    imageAnniversary
  • I'm only going to do the first ones, as I have no knowledge of the other two.

Do you think the KKK should be allowed to adopt a highway, and have a sign up with their name/chapter listed on the highway?
    Yes.  It's not like the state is agreeing with the "morals" of the KKK by letting them clean up.  If they do their duty, anybody should be able to.

How do you feel about the word God being used in things like The Pledge of Allegiance, our currency, on state/federal buildings?
    From a non-religious standpoint, I don't see the big deal.  It's how these things were originally written.  I see the word "God" on these things as more of a historical significance than religious.  It's no different to me than someone who doesn't believe in God/Jesus still celebrating Christmas (and calling it as such).
    Do you think women on welfare should be forced to use birth control?
    Nope.  There's no way you can FORCE it on them unless you watch them take it every day anyway.  That money should be spent on helping them find the resources to support themselves, not giving them a free ride to have as much sex as they want.  Plus BC is not 100% effective anyway.

Congrats, you've been hired as the new warden for a maximum security prison. What rights would you give prisoners? what rights would you take away?
    Prisoners have WAYY too many rights as it is IMO.  For many of them, prison is more comfortable than their living situations outside of prisons.  I believe they shouldn't be allowed to watch TV other than one movie/TV show per month.  If they want to know what's going on around them, they should be allowed to have a newspaper.  Limited radio use.  Hard labor for sure.  They can read as many books as they'd like.  Depending on the severity of their crime, phone calls and visits to a bare minimum.
  • DJ- I haven't noticed it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:524ac0cf-676b-4cf2-9d98-ab715d4081ab">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, dmills. And, it was Kcullen? I don't remember that at all. I need to pay more attention.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    that thread was pretty old, I actually remembered kcullen because I remembered us talking about Alexander and the terrible horrible no good very bad day and figured that would be a limited thing I could search on. lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:85eabd7a-8142-407f-aba7-97128f8f59ad">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Either in the bike lane or on the sidewalk.  If there's no bike lane, it seems too dangerous IMO.  And if a car hits them, it's the driver's fault.  What if a driver is going around the bend and the bike is out of view?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]
    Car driver needs to be more vigilant and bike rider needs to keep toward the edge.

Amy- I went off on the one kid because he was seriously 2 inches from hitting H and I'll be goddamned if some hipster douche on a fucking bay cruiser is going to run over my husband and then tralala off into the sunset with his douchey beard and a can of fucking PBR.
  • Bikes are supposed to ride in the street by law. Get over it. if there is a bike lane available that's great but usually they either don't exist, there is some jackhole parked in it, or it's also a bus lane. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:ff756adf-d04f-4fb7-aaa5-80461238f6b8">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Yes, but I'm an asshole. I don't like people getting in my way.
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]
    Me too.  I don't think people should bike on city streets with traffic.  People on bikes in Chicago don't follow any of the traffic laws or even stop at fucking stoplights/signs.  They dodge and weave in and out of cars and ride between lanes of traffic, even beside huge buses.  And now Chicago is installing all of these ridiculous protected bike lanes everywhere.
    imageAnniversary
  • I know those motorized scooter things are great for tooling around town and get kickass gas  mileage but they mostly look really fucking stupid.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:d9b7d50c-858e-492b-b66f-145baba8d31c">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Car driver needs to be more vigilant and bike rider needs to keep toward the edge. Amy- I went off on the one kid because he was seriously 2 inches from hitting H and I'll be goddamned if <strong>some hipster douche on a fucking bay cruiser is going to run over my husband and then tralala off into the sunset with his douchey beard and a can of fucking PBR.</strong>
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    Even when I disagree with part of what you say, you win me over again. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:413aa9df-999c-4faa-9f41-ca6a0fea1811">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Why are kids in the bar? ETA: I thought you have to be 21 and over by law? DJ- No, I don't hate her.
    Posted by sparent2010[/QUOTE]

I believe (at least in MI) that you can be in a bar with a parent until 9 PM. After that they are supposed to boot you, but usually they don't.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:106f8d43-5034-4748-931a-a842962e85e1">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know those motorized scooter things are great for tooling around town and get kickass gas  mileage but they mostly look really fucking stupid.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

My Dad bought me one when I was 13 to have for the summer when I visited him.  I could drive on the back roads and get to some places (movie theatre, mcdonalds, the nail salon, or a grocery store) while I was home all day. It was awesome.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:82d75b21-32eb-4c5a-9476-476dd1bcc7cc">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Even when I disagree with part of what you say, you win me over again. 
    <3
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:a5ea601d-56fe-4a41-a1ec-4660b2a6d75e">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Me too.  I don't think people should bike on city streets with traffic.  People on bikes in Chicago don't follow any of the traffic laws or even stop at fucking stoplights/signs.  They dodge and weave in and out of cars and ride between lanes of traffic, even beside huge buses.  And now Chicago is installing all of these ridiculous protected bike lanes everywhere.
    Posted by amyb140[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree that some bikers can be assssholes (mainly the hipster bike messengers on fixies that don't follow any traffic laws and get all pisssy when they get hit by a car and don't have a helmet on), but there are a lot of bikers that follow the traffic laws, wear helmets, etc. and I respect Chicago for trying to make it easier for them to bike around. </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:d9b7d50c-858e-492b-b66f-145baba8d31c">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Car driver needs to be more vigilant and bike rider needs to keep toward the edge. Amy- I went off on the one kid because he was seriously 2 inches from hitting H and I'll be goddamned if some hipster douche on a fucking bay cruiser is going to run over my husband and then tralala off into the sunset with his douchey beard and a can of fucking PBR.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]
    Oh I have SCREAMED like a lunatic at them.  What really gets me is when people are biking and talking on the phone, or texting.  Really???
    imageAnniversary
  • I don't like bikers in the roads. I don't even care if it is the law- to me a car can do a lot more damage to a biker, than a biker can do to a pedestrian.

Granted, where I live the sidewalks aren't exactly busy, and in my ideal little world the law would be: bikers use sidewalks unless they are too crowded. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:59ac4990-e452-4f50-a1a5-b90aa3a9513d">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Same with airplanes.  They should have a family section.  Obviously you'd still hear the kid screaming, but they wouldn't be kicking your damn seat.
    Posted by amyb140[/QUOTE]
    Sadly there is still nothing they can do about a shiitty britches child on an airplane. Sweet Jesus I know kids can't help it, but shitting yoself on an airplane is the biggest douche baby move ever!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:ee422fea-6b4b-444b-934e-8a2f36c36ffd">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like bikers in the roads. I don't even care if it is the law- to me a car can do a lot more damage to a biker, than a biker can do to a pedestrian. Granted, where I live the sidewalks aren't exactly busy, and in my ideal little world the law would be: bikers use sidewalks unless they are too crowded. 
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]
    Yeah there's no great answer.  If the bikes are on the road then they're in danger, and if the bikes are on the sidewalk then the pedestrians are in danger.  I just don't think people should use bikes as transportation in cities.  Very UO.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:3fc08692-3c8b-4842-a285-8648c6d50e99">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh PBR. Why the hell is that even trendy? I don't get it and I don't like it. I refuse to allow anyone who is at a bar with me order that shite. No really, I was at a Knottie GTG and wouldn't allow one of the ladies to order it. Not on my watch!
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

<em>:shotguns can of PBR:
    </em>
    Don't try to get betwixt me and my booze.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What about the debate with overweight people fitting on airplane seats "should" buy two tickets if you can't fit in just one?

I am going to say I think so, even though I also think seats should be bigger in coach/you should get more space in coach.
  • No one walks around here and there are no bikes lanes so we ride on the sidewalk. I don't think I have ever encountered a person ever hitting me with a bike or almost hitting anyone with my bike. I have the mindset "share the sidewalk" with whoever the hell wants to be there, bikes, tricycles, dogs, whatever. I don't really care if I have to pause to let them pass or get the fuuuck out of the way if they are not paying attention.

Bars in restaurants usually allow kids around here. Real bars are 21+. Red Robin recently put up a sign saying "we are taking back our bar" and not allowing anyone under 21 in the bar section.
  • I've definitely drank my share of PBR.  Course, the only requirement I have for my alcohol is that it's liquid, lol.  I don't give a shiiit how cheap or terrible it is.

I'm a lush.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lets-fight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8b6e37b9-9a42-4545-bc99-2d491f42a9aaPost:47b0fc94-e612-4c39-8286-70cb2f5c8b00">Re: Let's Fight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's Fight! : Sadly there is still nothing they can do about a shiitty britches child on an airplane. Sweet Jesus I know kids can't help it, but shitting yoself on an airplane is the biggest douche baby move ever!
    That reminds me of something that happened to my sister.  Apparently some flight attendants are very kind and understanding of people who need to change a diaper on a plane, and some are not.  My sister was traveling alone with a 3 year old and an infant, and when the little one shiiiit, she had to get that thing changed ASAP.  The FA was like "there's no place for you to change her."  My sister basically screamed "do you want me to leave an unhappy baby in a pile of it's own crap for the rest of this 3 hour flight??? Because I won't."<div>
    </div><div>She ended up changing her on those jump seats that the FAs use for takeoffs and landings, except at one point she let go of the seat and it snapped back against the wall with the baby inside.  My sister thought she had broken my niece.  She was fine, but we all like to laugh about that story now.</div>
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards