Jewish Weddings

Kosher + NYC + Budget (catering and venue recommendations, please!)

Please, I would be super-grateful for your help:

Planning a kosher brunch wedding for next spring, in Brooklyn, Queens, or NJ. 

Can anyone recommend a beautiful indoor/ outdoor venue? Delicious dairy catering? Neither of which would break the bank? 

Re: Kosher + NYC + Budget (catering and venue recommendations, please!)

• check out thsi blog for ideas! kosher & venue stuff

• A few thoughts off the top of my head:

I went to a kosher wedding at a venue in Prospect park, I do not recall if it was the picnic house or the boat house, but you may want to check it out. 

Also I know that you can have an eary morning ceremony in the brooklyn botanical garden for a relatively small fee, but I think if you want to have the sit down meal there it is very expensive so you may have to have a different location for the meal if you go that route.

I've heard the crystal plaza in NJ is nice but I haven't been there personally.

I went to a lovely (though not kosher, so you'd have to check on that) wedding at the Queens County Farm.  Very nice outdoor and indoor space.

My SIL had her wedding at a conservative shul in Brooklyn that happens to have a lot of nice parks nearby that you could do photos, etc. at.  A shul would def. be an affordable way to go.

Good luck!
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morrell Caterers is a great option for your venue. They have 3 locations on Long Island: Woodbury, Melville, and Lawrence and the cocktail room and wedding hall is attached to each temple! Check out their website at www.morrellcaterers.com.

P.S. The food and service are SUPERB!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards