November 2013 Weddings

Roses, Sparklers, or something else?

Hey ladies!

I was wondering what everyone was doing for the "yayy here come the bride and groom, let's throw something!" part (it's been a long day, and I can't think of the official name for it)...what are your guests going to have?

since my wedding is going to be closer to the evening, after the reception, the Guests are going to have sparklers and hold them up over us. What are you going to have?
imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Roses, Sparklers, or something else?

• "Grand Exit"??

I love the sparklers pictures, but I have heard that some places don't allow them :( 

But probably either sparklers (since it will be dark when we leave) or rose petals.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• Since we're likely doing an after-party at our venue, we aren't doing this at all. Defiitely check into what your venue allows before you decide though. One venue we looked at has a "no sparklers" policy buried in the fine print.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Luckily, my venue said they are allowed!! :)
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're not doing a grand exit.  I don't want my guests to have to line up or gather round for some staged photo-op, personally as a guest I might find this annoying.  Especially at the end of the reception when I'm tired and trying to get out of the parking lot. :)
    I've seen photos of this though, and they are cute, especially the sparkler ones.
  • I think we're going to do ribbon streamers. Just between the ceremony and reception, I don't think we're going to do a big exit after the reception.
  • I think we are going to do sparklers, but I have to find a venue first and ask them!
  • We're doing bubbles.  My fiance was just dying to get some, and since I don't really care, we went for it.  We're not doing a big exit though- I want to be the last one to leave my wedding.  So we're going to have the guests blow bubbles we when make our grand entrance into the reception room after the ceremony.  Should be fun!
    Anniversary
  • Rachel, I like that idea!!! How creative!!!! and you don't have to clean up bubbles! haha :) I kinda want people to blow bubbles during our first dance :) I think that'll make great pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards