Missouri-St Louis
Options

Large home for casual wedding reception

My fiance and I would like to host a home-made wedding reception in a large home for rent - we'd like to cater it ourselves but we have about 125 guests! Anyone have any ideas for places to rent in the Saint Louis area? Wer're having the wedding ceremony at the Jewel box but would like a more low-key reception location.

I'd love any advice you can give me!

-Mini

Re: Large home for casual wedding reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are some beautiful, large homes for rent near Wash U that are great spaces for parties. But what you may try doing is start with your caterer seach first, b/c a lot of times they work exclusively or are the preferred caterer to some really neat venues...and often you get a discount for working with both. It may not be a house, per se, but St. Louis has some really neat spaces that would work great...and since your ceremony is in the Jewel Box, I know you can find a great place that's centrally located like Forest Park is. I hear Butler's Pantry and Patty Long Catering have excellent food...and they have tons of venues they work with. Good Luck!
    Photobucket Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    crh1020crh1020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking at having our ceremony and reception at the Magic Chef Mansion in Comptom Heights.  They can accomodate up to 200 people and aren't picky on caterers and such.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're booked at the Jewel Box for April 2012.  Would LOVE some ideas on music, program, etc. since it's such a tight window.  Can anyone help?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards