Kentucky

Fall Decorations/Centerpieces

My October wedding reception is taking place at Spindletop Hall in Lexington, Ky (ceremony at Catholic Church); for those of you not familiar with its decor, it's a huge Southern Mansion with gorgeous plantation-style decor and 1920's elegant details throughout the house. My issue is: I would like to attain an elegant yet rustic look for my centerpieces, yet I obviously don't want to have decorations that look better suited in a barn than in a southern mansion. How can I bring rustic and outdoorsy elements inside that won't compete with the elegant atmosphere already there? (I'd like to stay away from the "traditional" fall colors of orange and reds because it would clash with the rooms; instead I'd like deep purple, copper, spruce and rich browns as my main colors in flowers, centerpieces, etc.)
Anniversary

Re: Fall Decorations/Centerpieces

• edited December 2011
    A beautiful place!  Couple of ideas that I've seen for October weddings, not using reds and oranges.  I had a friend who did topiaries as her centerpieces (you could do ivy or do little spruce/pine/rosemary trees), surrounded by framed pictures of her and the groom.  The picture frames were also the favors, which was a nice touch.

The other wedding had black and white pictures of the bride and groom (from birth to present), scattered in different sizes.  These surrounded flower arrangements in glass bowls and votive candles.  It was a great take on getting a "picture" of their lives without having to watch a slideshow.  

Both ideas looked great, and I love the personalization of the pictures.  My fiance just suggested lanterns too (I'm lucky he's got some great ideas!), which I've also seen look great with candles in them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Im not sure how you feel about white but Ive been considering all babies breath centerpieces in very tall vases ever since I saw a picture. The look is kind of classic and I think it was highlighted in a bridal magazine this month as a very cost effective elegant look. Spindle top is very nice, Im sure will be great pictures! congratulations.
    I have also seen some very pretty centerpieces with manzanita branches that might work even in clear vases filled with dark purple water and floating candles, also dont forget pussy willow and other earthy floral options.
  • edited December 2011
    I did lanterns for my centerpieces.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards