New Hampshire
Options

Southern NH florist

I'm getting married next October and currently trying to make some decisions about flowers- whether to get real or fake ones, whether to have floral centerpieces, whether to DIY or to hire someone...

I'd love any advice or experiences you all can share. I'd also like to visit some florists to hear what they have to offer and to get price quotes. Can you all recommend anyone in the Manchester/Nashua area?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Southern NH florist

• Options
    Kfudge0714Kfudge0714 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I am not crafty enough to DIY my own flowers so I am using Fresh Water Farms in Atkinson, NH. Dan was great to work with and totally understood my vision. My total for flowers came in around $850 ( not including glass for centerpieces, I am providing those myself =) )
  • Options
    I DIY'd my bouquet and centerpieces.  I used Barrett Wholesale in Manchester.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are using Lyndsey Loring out of Dover, NH. Our total cost will be around $750. This includes flowers for our centerpieces (but we are also providing the vases)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    It's a little bit north of Manchester, but Cobblestone Design Co., in Concord, did our flowers and I LOVED them.  We have received endless compliments on our flowers- every time people see photos!  They were incredibly professional, responsive, and creative.  I cannot recommend them enough! 
    Anniversary
  • Options

In most cases, you'll get a better price on floral centerpieces if you provide your own vases.....over the summer, Michael's had a sale on their glass vases for $1.99 each....we went and bought several cases of them.

We used a florist out in Western NH...however, my 2nd choice was in Hudson, NH--Anne's Country Floral....pretty designs and reasonably priced.

September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Another way to save money is to do potted floral centerpieces.  I worked with a local farmstand to grow 3 varieties of flowers in the colors/sizes I wanted.  I bought 75 ceramic pots (at the bulk price) from Agway, and had the farmstand grow the flowers in them.  Then, we put 5 pots on each table (they were pretty small) and had them grouped as the centerpiece, and also serve as favors.  Each couple/family took one home!  People LOVED them, and I loved the garden-y feel.  They were CONSIDERABLY less expensive than what we were quoted for cut arrangements from a florist.  We used the florist for bouquets, corsages, bouts, and alter arrangements. 
    Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We did real flowers.  DH's uncle owns a flower shop in Farmington, but he did our wedding in Hampstead.  This shop is called the Village Bouquet.  He does AMAZING work!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We used Lindsey Loring as well and even though she is in Dover, she traveled to Manchester and was very reasonable.  I loved our flowers!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    I'm using Lindsey Loring, as well.  There was only a $3, price difference between us providing our own vases, since she's a little over an hour away from us we just went with her vases.
  • Options
    Anne's Flower Mart in Hudson is fantastic and her prices are great
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Another Lindsey Loring bride here. She beat every other florist we got quotes from by hundreds and I've heard nothing but good things about her work.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards