West Virginia

Local recycled items

Hello Ladies.

So my fiance and I watched four weddings the one night. The one had an eco friendly bride who found most of her decorations from people wanting to throw theirs out, we though it seemed like a cool idea.
I'm just curious if you know anyone that is just going to throw stuff away from their weddings and would instead be willing to give it away? So if you can help thanks if not thanks all the same. :)

Re: Local recycled items

• There is an organization that does this but only for the dresses . I dont think anyone thinks of throwing away anything but used paper cups or plates ,we pay a lot of money to have the wedding of our dreams . with that said look on face-book they have pages that are for weddings, yard sale, and free items in most areas. You might be able to find things at a good price you can pick up . After June 23rd I will be selling a lot of stuff . Im close to Charleston
    Crista the DIY Bride Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • oh it's called prom fairies that does the dresses if you can show you cant afford a dress they have used one people kindly donate .
    Crista the DIY Bride Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks! :) I understand that most items would not be considered to throw away. We are pretty much looking to make most of our stuff so we were wondering about scraps of ribbon and stuff like that people would be wanting to thorw out because they would have no use for it.
  • gotcha ,what are your colors ? Theme ?
  • our colors are blue and purple. we haven't really thought of a theme. we considered birds to go with spring. so our theme seems to be centered around spring.
  • mine is purple ,yellow and grey and it seems since we are using blue vintage mason jars a hint of blue as well
  • I will have a ton of vases and white table linens left over after a friends wedding.  She is doing a luau theme and using submersible orchids in her vases.  There will be about 20 - 10" cylindars and 40 - 7" cyl.  I know she will want to sale them though, but I am happy to check how much for you.
  • Alright just let me know. Thanks from both of you. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards